What's new

TAI/AgustaWestland T-129 Vs HAL Light Combat Helicopter

Which is best TAI/AgustaWestland T-129 or HAL Light Combat Helicopter?

• HAL Light Combat Helicopter

Votes: 76 49.4%
  • TAI/AgustaWestland T-129

Votes: 78 50.6%

• Total voters
IMO LCH is an observation / light attack helicopter sort of like WZ-19 and OH-1 whereas T-129 is a dedicated attack helicopter sort of like WZ-10 and Tiger.
read this carefully
LCH_COMPARISON-page-001.jpg

LCH is not even ready and far from induction. Unless it is inducted and has seen some operation be it training or some limited tactical support operations you will never know the performance. Another 5 yrs to give any sort of verdict on it, may be even more longer than that knowing our history.

Wish we have one project delivered on time, with in budget

-NPM

LCH is not even ready and far from induction. Unless it is inducted and has seen some operation be it training or some limited tactical support operations you will never know the performance. Another 5 yrs to give any sort of verdict on it, may be even more longer than that knowing our history.

Wish we have one project delivered on time, with in budget

-NPM

I thought that LCA, being converted from a successful existing non-combat helicopter, will be ready in a year or two. I was told this by Indian members here.

read this carefully
LCH_COMPARISON-page-001.jpg
just read the payload differences between them. turkish helicopter is 5000 LB and with full payload its 11000lb but Indian empty weight is 6000lb full payload 8000lb. you feel the difference?
Also, about electronics, and laser warning and other systems. Just to give an example, T-129 rotor can stand 15 cm of rock in case of it hits. and also it the most maneuverable helicopter in its class.

just read the payload differences between them. turkish helicopter is 5000 LB and with full payload its 11000lb but Indian empty weight is 6000lb full payload 8000lb. you feel the difference?

The list given above is wrong in many ways.

T-129 max takeoff weight is 5,000kg while that of LCH is 5,500kg. Empty weights of either helicopter are not
available from official/reliable sources. LCH can also has some 500 meters higher service ceiling than T-129.

But T-129 is faster in cruising speed.

Illegal Request

Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Also, about electronics, and laser warning and other systems.

LCH has very good Israeli/European-origin countermeasures/EW systems.

Just to give an example, T-129 rotor can stand 15 cm of rock in case of it hits. and also it the most maneuverable helicopter in its class.

Really? That's good. Not sure how much better than LCH it is though.

Watch from 2:10 and this is just a pre-production prototype. Latest models have many aerodynamic
improvements. LCH is also likely to have lower target signatures as well.

g6boqrZ.jpg

Last edited:
The list given above is wrong in many ways.

T-129 max takeoff weight is 5,000kg while that of LCH is 5,500kg. Empty weights of either helicopter are not
available from official/reliable sources. LCH can also has some 500 meters higher service ceiling than T-129.

But T-129 is faster in cruising speed.

Illegal Request

Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

LCH has very good Israeli/European-origin countermeasures/EW systems.

Really? That's good. Not sure how much better than LCH it is though.

Watch from 2:10 and this is just a pre-production prototype. Latest models have many aerodynamic
improvements. LCH is also likely to have lower target signatures as well.

g6boqrZ.jpg

I dont know how to translate the technologies on Turkish Atak helicopter to counter against rockets. But it has the detector that see the rocket targetted on helicoter and it see the rocket from the hit out of it(also the direction and distance...) so it autonomously decide the best counter against it. It also measures that if its radar directed rocket or Infrared or something else.
Or it has the camera that first time in the world it has HD quality thermal Camera which they showed in IDEF 2013. ill add all those links i said but i hope you can find someone who can translate them for you.

@cabatli_53 help me pls if you have any addition info.

I dont know how to translate the technologies on Turkish Atak helicopter to counter against rockets. But it has the detector that see the rocket targetted on helicoter and it see the rocket from the hit out of it(also the direction and distance...) so it autonomously decide the best counter against it. It also measures that if its radar directed rocket or Infrared or something else.
Or it has the camera that first time in the world it has HD quality thermal Camera which they showed in IDEF 2013. ill add all those links i said but i hope you can find someone who can translate them for you.

@cabatli_53 help me pls if you have any addition info.

Missile Approach Warning Systems (MAWS), Laser Warning Receivers (LWR), Radar Warning Receivers (RWR),
Counter-Measures Dispensing Systems (CMDS) are present on almost all modern helicopters.

Even LCH will have them (although only the Dhruv Mk-4 has been actively tested with them so far). The
ones on LCH will be of Swedish design, from SAAB.

I'm interested to know about the HD Thermal imaging equipment, however it is not safe to say Turkey
has access to technologies that wouldn't be there on US/European product portfolios.

Missile Approach Warning Systems (MAWS), Laser Warning Receivers (LWR), Radar Warning Receivers (RWR),
Counter-Measures Dispensing Systems (CMDS) are present on almost all modern helicopters.

Even LCH will have them (although only the Dhruv Mk-4 has been actively tested with them so far). The
ones on LCH will be of Swedish design, from SAAB.

I'm interested to know about the HD Thermal imaging equipment, however it is not safe to say Turkey
has access to technologies that wouldn't be there on US/European product portfolios.
Thank you)
Turkey is far developed in army FLIRS and i added the latest one called flir 235 cats for UAV and T129 yo update Flir300 that they have it nowadays. They also are going to have SAR(its ready) and Millimeter radar(such as apache longbow). I dont think LCH have these. WHich is just way important to track moving targets from far away even on bad weather and be able to attack them, I hope you know why those technologies are so important.

Attachments

• flir 235 cats.jpg
    flir 235 cats.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 70

Back
Top Bottom