What's new

Indigenous Shahed-216 attack Helicopter Project revealed for first time

2017-07-15_221914.jpg

Good find! Really narrow fuselage. If not the 216 then what else can it be?

what Babak is writing on twitter:

"they really wanted to do something back in 2010, but they failed. IRGC fans are hopelessly attempting to say the project is alive."

"It failed because of lack of technological capabilities in this small research center. They can not design transmission system domestically."

Last edited:
what Babak is writing on twitter:

"they really wanted to do something back in 2010, but they failed. IRGC fans are hopelessly attempting to say the project is alive."

"It failed because of lack of technological capabilities in this small research center. They can not design transmission system domestically."

LOL

Shahed 216 will only be used by the IRGC? Not the Army? Does the army plan to buy some attack helicopters?

Shahed 216 will only be used by the IRGC? Not the Army? Does the army plan to buy some attack helicopters?
Attack helicopters are a critical part of Army Aviation and the Cobras are used to this day in COIN operations. I am certain the Army will get them.

Attack helicopters are a critical part of Army Aviation and the Cobras are used to this day in COIN operations. I am certain the Army will get them.
Hope so! Heard in an Iran Defence group last year that Iran was thinking about buying some KA52 from Russia.. Any news about it?

Another project that won't see light of day in mass production. While Babak spreads misinformation and properganda. The fact remains Iran has yet to mass produce any developed helicopter or fighter jet in significant numbers.

What the reason behind this is? I don't know could be funding, could be performance, could be lack of faith in mass production capability.

With all the Russian civilian helicopter news in Iran, I wouldn't be surprised if they default to Russian helicopters.

از روز پذیرش یا روز اجرا؟
till the end of current world order ....
do you think Russian will sell us any offensive weapons !?

Nothing will be mass produce , just like other projects ... another Budget consuming project to fill some guys useless but profitable resume ...

Another project that won't see light of day in mass production. While Babak spreads misinformation and properganda. The fact remains Iran has yet to mass produce any developed helicopter or fighter jet in significant numbers.

What the reason behind this is? I don't know could be funding, could be performance, could be lack of faith in mass production capability.

With all the Russian civilian helicopter news in Iran, I wouldn't be surprised if they default to Russian helicopters.
problem is engines, which if lucky will be solved in about two years.

از روز پذیرش یا روز اجرا؟
اجرا

Back
Top Bottom