What's new

Indian hacker group, hack into Pakistan's state institution reports.

Yes corruption still exists, but it has gotten smarter now lol.

Digitization is taking over everywhere, so under the table payments are done using UPI too haha. The only difference I see since the time I was younger to now, is that Govt employees are no longer demanding stuff. With so much media expose, it's all subtle. Govt work is getting done faster compared to back then though, but am a middle class person.

This will change slightly when it's someone from a more poorer background attempts to get work done. Overall it's still not great, but far better than before from my experience.

With courts the problem is staffing, they are under staffed and over worked. A lot has to be done, when it comes to legal system in India to call it even good. So it's still 'bhagwaan ke ghar me der hai, andher nahi' haha.
real story suno meri

couple years ago I broke a batti, + my license plate was.. illegal/didn't meet criteria or something

tried bribing the thulla (had a superior around), got offended, took my licence, and I had a subsequent court date (massive headache) to get my license back.. court gaya toh got accosted by an army of touts "kya kaam hai sirji, hum karva denge.. aap aaram kro" :laugh:

I said fukit, lo paise bc, license do.. mai ne ni dhakkay khaney

"majistrate saab shaukeen hai"

apart from the bribe, raat ko I went and handed over a scotch ki botal to majistrate saab ke police crew.. and it was all instantly good.. unki good books me aa gya "kabhi koi problam ho, phone maar dena ;)"

its tragicomic, but yahan to hisaab aisa hi chalta hai.. best people just adapt to the jungle... varna bori bistar le k nikal jao civilized west ko

Here in Hyderabad lol, saale cops are given targets. No more vasooli, each one has a camera (phone or govt issued). No helmet click, three people riding click etc etc.

Fine is paid online.
haan, "Targets" is another thing.. basically vasooli/aamdani itni honi chahiye ... probably why they sometimes refuse under the table monies...

IPS waaley babus also gotta show "Results" to the sarkar.. unki bhi promotions us pe depend hai :D

hopeless desh.. but ki kran

real story suno meri

couple years ago I broke a batti, + my license plate was.. illegal/didn't meet criteria or something

tried bribing the thulla (had a superior around), got offended, took my licence, and I had a subsequent court date (massive headache) to get my license back.. court gaya toh got accosted by an army of touts "kya kaam hai sirji, hum karva denge.. aap aaram kro" :laugh:

apart from the bribe, raat ko I went and handed over a scotch ki botal to majistrate saab ke police crew.. and it was all instantly good.. unki good books me aa gya "kabhi koi problam ho, phone maar dena ;)"

its tragicomic, but yahan to hisaab aisa hi chalta hai.. best people just adapt to the jungle... varna bori bistar le k nikal jao civilized west ko
Kahe ka civilized West sir ji? Ye jo West hai, isko aise banne me kitne sadiya lage? Humto as a nation state sirf 75yr old hai, these have existed as countries for far longer than us.

Kaisa bhi hai apna hai ye, bas apne ko kaise move karna seekhna hai ab ke liye. Jaise waqt beetega, haalaat badlenge.

real story suno meri

haan, "Targets" is another thing.. basically vasooli/aamdani itni honi chahiye ... probably why they sometimes refuse under the table monies...

IPS waaley babus also gotta show "Results" to the sarkar.. unki bhi promotions us pe depend hai :D

hopeless desh.. but ki kran
Yaha pe mai disagree karta hu

Targets are actually good, apne yaha pe saale seedhi bhasha me bole to sunte kya? Helmet safety ke liye pehno, bolge BC mai dekh lunga. Wrong side pe mat jao, mai jaunga.. aisa hai yaha ka. So these targets actually help in curbing vasooli and also bring about rule of law. Best thing is you can pay online lol, without getting late for anything.

Meanwhile we have old boomer babbus who don't have a clue what they're talking about most of the time

It's like they were dragged from the street
I was working in a department which was looking after police systems (not in Pakistan). A call was received from police and it was told that some FB page has come up with anti-police content few minutes back. Never knew a staff Sarge of police would be deputed to look after such reports and inform the team. We thought he was using filters to scan and bring up such content, turned out he was checking manually as routine work. After a few more incidents, the system got upgraded for automatic reporting.

In Pakistan, the military system is much more comprehensive than Federal system for cyber security since military system has Sigs intel, Elint, EW and other related mission related systems that are in place.

This is what the war will come up to eventually. Cyber warfare and hacking l, rendering useless many military formations in physical form.

I had mentioned a few days back that India is behind a cyber war with Pakistan.
Pakistan need massive prep for this war because this war has no limit, no truce, or no laws.

That is why I have started studying Cyber Security :)
The reason i mentioned cyber physical security system is because I was part of a team working on such a cyber security system for drone communication between each other. We proposed a system with OFDM in downlink and TDMA in uplink due to high PAPR in uplink of OFDM.
Had to go through DO-326A / ED-202A Aviation cyber security standards. It was surprising to see that ED-201 Aeronautical Information System Security (AISS) Framework Guidance did not contain specific cyber security information.

Kahe ka civilized West sir ji? Ye jo West hai, isko aise banne me kitne sadiya lage? Humto as a nation state sirf 75yr old hai, these have existed as countries for far longer than us.

Kaisa bhi hai apna hai ye, bas apne ko kaise move karna seekhna hai ab ke liye. Jaise waqt beetega, haalaat badlenge.
haan, yeh bhi hai

in fact highest of the highest level corruption to government bureaucracy me hoti hai, and basically none of which we ever even get wind of.. I don't even see it as a bad thing, ki kabbhi traffic thullay ko khila dia kuch.. that money helps his situation more than being a moralist upholder of whatever bc

slowly changing but, this babu raj.. very very slowly

badal raha hai scene, but, slowly, apnay organic natural way me.. small time rishwat-khori is on its way out mostly but power misuse bhi bhot karte ab tak.. spl if you're kinda not very high on the whole economic ladder thing.. scooty walon ko pareshaan karenge.. but aap agar 25 lakh type ki Harley whatever chala rahe, ya fancy German car something.. unki khud ki fat jaati hai even doing a legally correct thing and issuing a challan.

Pakistan need massive prep for this war because this war has no limit, no truce, or no laws.
And this war is over with in minutes, if not seconds.

Its expected that enemy will jam or hack into all communication systems which are used to command and control military formations, even hack into computers of aircrafts, tanks etc and jam/hack UAVs. Not just that but also shut down all online systems which are databases and then power gridlines and so on.

It started from Enigma decrypt machine in WW2 but has come a long way since then.

Yaha pe mai disagree karta hu

Targets are actually good, apne yaha pe saale seedhi bhasha me bole to sunte kya? Helmet safety ke liye pehno, bolge BC mai dekh lunga. Wrong side pe mat jao, mai jaunga.. aisa hai yaha ka. So these targets actually help in curbing vasooli and also bring about rule of law. Best thing is you can pay online lol, without getting late for anything.
haan, sahi baat 100%

digitization has reduced it, and they are incentivized to get a real parchi (ki aapnay kaam kara hai) than a few gandhis handed under the table.

overall improvement chal ri solid

For our military Nothing is dangerous and harmful for the country other then Imran khan and PTI

I was working in a department which was looking after police systems (not in Pakistan). A call was received from police and it was told that some FB page has come up with anti-police content few minutes back. Never knew a staff Sarge of police would be deputed to look after such reports and inform the team. We thought he was using filters to scan and bring up such content, turned out he was checking manually as routine work. After a few more incidents, the system got upgraded for automatic reporting.

In Pakistan, the military system is much more comprehensive than Federal system for cyber security since military system has Sigs intel, Elint, EW and other related mission related systems that are in place.
Maybe I'm just a perfectionist and I like seeing every detail be perfect but then again the track records of our institutions don't uphold this theory either nor the common experience of others. It's a general problem with the entire nation.

I'm just confused why no one sees the very obvious problem of incompetent and incapable institutions, there is a night and day difference between ours and then China's, etc, their work is generally just a lot more high quality and it's clear they know what they're doing and putting in effort.

If you look through different projects and Pakistan's government sites, defence company websites (NASTP), the general standard of quality is really low and seems to be poor effort. Unclear information, poor English used, low quality or irrelevant images/media, poor site templates. Some of them sort of look like it's made by low-level scammers or something lol.

On the topic about military system, is it off the shelf software and hardware bought from friendly countries like China? There's probably not much funding for police units to get similar security and there's not much of an expectation probably

In its Telegram channel, SideWinder APT Group🇮🇳 has shared screenshots of what appears to be a Working Paper on Cyber Security for Pakistan's🇵🇰 Ministry of Planning, Development and Special Initiatives sponsored by NTISB (dated 02 Feb 2023).

The Group claims it will continue intrusions in Pakistan's networks to retain their professed ingress.

The Group might be demonstrating the capability to monitor measures proposed by Pakistan to secure its critical information systems and networks.

Severe incompetency and ineptness of our state institutions on display again. The fruits of institutional nepotism and corruption keep on giving, while GHQ plays golf without a care in the world.

@villageidiot @Areesh @Olympus81 @SaadH @N.Siddiqui @Signalian @PanzerKiel @Sifar zero @Maula Jatt @_NOBODY_
Hi Security Computers should be categorically off the network and internet and no exceptions.

Hi Security Computers should be categorically off the network and internet and no exceptions.
I think they are falling for simple phishing and social engineering tricks

Need an effective cyber safety course for government employees

I think they are falling for simple phishing and social engineering tricks

Need an effective cyber safety course for government employees
Secret stuff should be off the network , don't need training courses for that.

Maybe I'm just a perfectionist and I like seeing every detail be perfect but then again the track records of our institutions don't uphold this theory either nor the common experience of others. It's a general problem with the entire nation.

I'm just confused why no one sees the very obvious problem of incompetent and incapable institutions, there is a night and day difference between ours and then China's, etc, their work is generally just a lot more high quality and it's clear they know what they're doing and putting in effort.

If you look through different projects and Pakistan's government sites, defence company websites (NASTP), the general standard of quality is really low and seems to be poor effort. Unclear information, poor English used, low quality or irrelevant images/media, poor site templates. Some of them sort of look like it's made by low-level scammers or something lol.

On the topic about military system, is it off the shelf software and hardware bought from friendly countries like China? There's probably not much funding for police units to get similar security and there's not much of an expectation probably
Actual experts are leaving Pakistan in droves or trying to survive in the private sector so most that remains in the state institutions are the hand raising tea break types.

And this war is over with in minutes, if not seconds.

Its expected that enemy will jam or hack into all communication systems which are used to command and control military formations, even hack into computers of aircrafts, tanks etc and jam/hack UAVs. Not just that but also shut down all online systems which are databases and then power gridlines and so on.

It started from Enigma decrypt machine in WW2 but has come a long way since then.
Unfortunately - while the eastern neighbor has realized that it cannot win anything kinetically - it now dominates all other fronts and the result is clear to see. The war may already be lost.

Back
Top Bottom