What's new

Unironically: Could declaring Sharia Law in Pakistan solve it's insurgency problem?

Can you provide the full narration? Not disputing, just find that interesting. Is the average wage something the state determines, or rather, is it the market sets based on the value of the work and supply/demand of available labour?

I could not find the book reference but it is well known tradition.

The Salary Of Abu Bakr As-Sadeeq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) As The First Khaleefah Of The Muslims
It Is Said That When أبو بكر الصديق - Abu Bakr AlSiddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Became The First Khaleefah After The Death Of Rasool-Allaah (Sall-Allaahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam), The Issue Of Fixing The Salary Of The Newly Elected Khaleefah Arose.
Sayyidna Abū Bakr as-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Said, "I Will Take As Much Money As My Salary, As The Poorest Labour Of Medina Munawara Takes As His Minimum Daily Wage.
People Asked Abu Bakr as-Siddiq رضي الله عنه, Ya Ameer-ul-Mo'mineen, Don't You Think Taking A Salary As Low As That Of The Minimum Daily Wage Of The Poorest Labour Of Madina, Will Make It Difficult For You To Support Your Family? Surely, You Will Not Be Able To Support Your Family In Such Meager Salary?
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Replied, I Will Support My Family In This Small Amount Of Money, Just Like The Way The Poorest Labour Of Medinah Supports His Family With That Deficient Salary.
People Asked, What If You Could Not Support Your Family In That Small Salary? Will You Increase Your Salary Then, In Order To Support Your Family?
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Replied, No, I Will Then Increase The Minimum Daily Wage Of The Poorest Labour Of Medinah (In Order To Enable Him To Support His Family).
This Was Not The End, As Afterwards, Ameer-ul-Mo’mineen Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Returned All Money Which He Drew As His Salary, To The Bait-ul-Maal, While Breathing His Last.

I could not find the book reference but it is well known tradition.

The Salary Of Abu Bakr As-Sadeeq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) As The First Khaleefah Of The Muslims
It Is Said That When أبو بكر الصديق - Abu Bakr AlSiddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Became The First Khaleefah After The Death Of Rasool-Allaah (Sall-Allaahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam), The Issue Of Fixing The Salary Of The Newly Elected Khaleefah Arose.
Sayyidna Abū Bakr as-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Said, "I Will Take As Much Money As My Salary, As The Poorest Labour Of Medina Munawara Takes As His Minimum Daily Wage.
People Asked Abu Bakr as-Siddiq رضي الله عنه, Ya Ameer-ul-Mo'mineen, Don't You Think Taking A Salary As Low As That Of The Minimum Daily Wage Of The Poorest Labour Of Madina, Will Make It Difficult For You To Support Your Family? Surely, You Will Not Be Able To Support Your Family In Such Meager Salary?
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Replied, I Will Support My Family In This Small Amount Of Money, Just Like The Way The Poorest Labour Of Medinah Supports His Family With That Deficient Salary.
People Asked, What If You Could Not Support Your Family In That Small Salary? Will You Increase Your Salary Then, In Order To Support Your Family?
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Replied, No, I Will Then Increase The Minimum Daily Wage Of The Poorest Labour Of Medinah (In Order To Enable Him To Support His Family).
This Was Not The End, As Afterwards, Ameer-ul-Mo’mineen Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (Radhi Allaahu ‘Anhu) Returned All Money Which He Drew As His Salary, To The Bait-ul-Maal, While Breathing His Last.
In my understanding Islamic economic system is like the Scandinavian economic system. Threatened by Communism they gave many social benefits to the people to stem the ideas of revolution. Here is an example of pure Capitalism like in the US and its comparison with Denmark.

Attachments

• 5135244c-a6a0-4a16-b3db-95121613148e.jpg
    5135244c-a6a0-4a16-b3db-95121613148e.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
In Liberal economy/free markets, state has no intervention in deciding the average wage. It is always the supply and demand that determines the average wage. At least all the economists of liberal economy say the same.
there is a set minimum of £9.50 per hour in the UK to prevent exploitation, no upper limit

£9.50 for employees aged 23 years and over. £9.18 for employees aged 21 to 22 years. £6.83 for employees aged 18 to 20 years. £4.81 for employees aged 16 to 17 years.

Last edited:
It is possible to have a profitable business at a low profit margin in the Islamic Economic System as there are no interest payments. Like in Pakistan you have to pay 17% to the bank loan and then anything above that is your profit. The Bank or State Bank becomes a partner in the business. It can audit the accounts anytime it wishes. There is no collateral. If the business fails, the bank takes the loss.

Of course. Why impose your views on them?

LOL. Please read my posts above. If the people of Pakistan want sharia, they should have it, AS I SAID ABOVE. When they are able to decide on one day to celebrate Eid, it will be a good first step towards that goal. :D
Not when it is to the detriment of others. True equality isnt by majority vote.

State shouldnt be able to influence religion and vice versa.

If you feel that Kashmir is the same issue, then you've fallen for your state's propaganda.

Kashmir's resources are a matter of survival for Pakistan, namely water access.

Also, Pakistan's side of Kashmir is quite developed compared to the rest of Pakistan, and they also have the right to free movement and protest which India does not give to Kashmiris.

The groups operating in Kashmir has no other criminal enterprises, they have no links to drug smuggling, human trafficking, prostitution, gambling...etc, most of which the TTP is linked to. So your feelings are irrelevant compared to reality.
Drugs are rampant in Kashmir and lot of Kashmiri youth have succumbed to it. There are criminal elements that get weapons, money, training from Pakistan. Just today they caught a teacher with improvised ied who was involved in bombing earlier.

Sharia law is only way forward but applicable from president to common man equally no one above it

For an understanding of Islamic political system there are books by Taqiuddin An Nabhani The system of Islam, The economic system in Islam and the Social system. The Islamic Constitution is given in the System of Islam.
in ISLAM there is only Khilafat system that is a complete social economic system. I am talking about the term sharia law. there is no such term in ISLAM. this term was coined by the west.

If Pakistan wants to do this then it has to create its own religion. You can't use a foreign religion, all it would take is a bunch of Afghans and Uzbeks claiming number 1 Muslim and taking over. Also this Islamic state idea is a failed experiment, it doesn't even work like communism.
My cousin is Shia and I am not. One night while talking about the differences of sects and its effect on Pakistan we both agreed on one thing.

Pakistan needs to leave both the Sunni and Shia camp, establish its own sect for Pakistani Muslims. In our little thought experiment we settled on which different sect would make the most sense. Maybe this deserves its own post. 😂

Pakistan cannot solve its TTP-related problems (and indeed all other problems) by further "Islamizing" it. You've been repeating same mistake since the 40's and you only get more problems.

First of all, you have to start by admitting that you have a problem with Pashtuns because of the Durand line, and it's not a religious issue, but an ethnic one.

The Durand line problem is also solved in only one way at the end of the day. By taking all the Pashtuns to one side of the border!

In order to implement this policy, you will either leave the Pashtuns in Pakistan to Afghanistan and redraw the border further back. Or you will transfer the Pashtuns in Pakistan to the other side of the Durand line.

You cannot come to permanent results the TTP, actually Afghanistan, without facing this reality.

Last edited:
Please hear out my explanation below and then give your opinion.

The main insurgent groups in Pakistan are the TTP, followed by minor ethnonationalist groups like the BLA network. The TTP especially finds a lot of sympathy and support within Pakistani society, and is the most powerful destabilising element.

The reason for this can be linked back to Pakistan sitting on the fence with it's Islamic identity, it claims itself to be an Islamic state while having a practising Muslim majority population > 96%, but doesn't have have an integral governance structure of Islam. The Sharia Law.

So when a militant group comes along claiming to want to implement Sharia Law, people are subconsciously sympathetic towards them, because that's what an Islamic state inherently requires, and they don't see it present in Pakistan, no matter how much they are pro-state.

(A lot of the time this militant group has covert goals unrelated to Islam, for example the TTP is more of a Pashtun tribal insurgency hence it focuses on the FATA merger reversal, and is also labelled as a criminal organisation which extorts locals for money. The Sharia Law aspect is only used a selling point in society to gain support, but many people don't realise this)

So my question is, if Pakistan fully embraces it's Islamic identity without sitting on the fence, and makes Sharia Law official, it could fully gain back control and the state narrative would reign supreme.

Instantly any group that picks up arms against the state can confidently be labelled as Khawarijs, it will have the full support and trust of the people and their sympathies towards any militant groups will disappear immediately.

The state will have regained full control and the narrative will completely be on it's side against any group, including ethnonationalist groups.

Should Pakistan implement Sharia Law to get rid of all these destabilising elements and have the ability to crush down on them hard with a powerful narrative? Any insurgent group would become powerless in it's narrative.

If you're a Muslim, which the majority of Pakistan is, this should not be as a problem to you should it? If you believe in Islam then surely you believe in your God's governance system.

@Sayfullah @Mirzali Khan @villageidiot @Menace2Society @SaadH @kingQamaR @Areesh @Signalian @epebble @_NOBODY_ @PanzerKiel @hussain0216 @R2D2 @Al_Muhannad @akramishaqkhan @AZMwi @Great Janjua @Olympus81 @COOKie LOOkie....
Hi,

Having the courage and guts to impose A LAW will solve the problem---.

The Sharia law is no mythical creature---it is just the old biblical law----then roman law---and then sharia law---.

Pakistanis are cowards by nature---. They never took responsibility to act like a nation---.

It was alwys someone's else's problem to impose the rule of law---.

They never fought for their rights---or against injustice---.

If put in a situation when we have to choose one every Muslim will choose Shariah. Islam goes before anything.
Better to not make such comparisons. One is a human. Other is the Law of God.
We are grateful to Jinnah for playing a key role in the establishment of Pakistan and being the founder father; but we can't stick rigidly to his opinions which were of the world view of 1947.

We are in 2023, the world is ever-changing and the global dynamics, geopolitics and security situation is constantly evolving.

Our policies be dynamic and change with it accordingly. We must have a solution for the current time's.

Jinnah may have been right in his time, but it doesn't mean he is right in today's time. Policies are dynamic and dependent on the current unique circumstances.

And also nothing sits above Allah's word.

Pakistan cannot solve its TTP-related problems (and indeed all other problems) by further "Islamizing" it. You've been repeating same mistake since the 40's and you only get more problems.

First of all, you have to start by admitting that you have a problem with Pashtuns because of the Durand line, and it's not a religious issue, but an ethnic one.

The Durand line problem is also solved in only one way at the end of the day. By taking all the Pashtuns to one side of the border!

In order to implement this policy, you will either leave the Pashtuns in Pakistan to Afghanistan and redraw the border further back. Or you will transfer the Pashtuns in Pakistan to the other side of the Durand line.

You cannot come to permanent results the TTP, actually Afghanistan, without facing this reality.

Pakistan shot itself in the foot by arming and supporting Afghan Pashtuns during the soviet invasion. They are the most psychopathic and dark triad ethnicity in Afghanistan and will look to dominate and control at every opportunity. Pakistan are retards for doing this and TTP war has ironically turned out worse than the threat of Soviets attacking Pakistan.

As soon as the Soviets entered Afghanistan, should have armed and sealed the border and looked the other way.

Pakistan shot itself in the foot by arming and supporting Afghan Pashtuns during the soviet invasion. They are the most psychopathic and dark triad ethnicity in Afghanistan and will look to dominate and control at every opportunity. Pakistan are retards for doing this and TTP war has ironically turned out worse than the threat of Soviets attacking Pakistan.

As soon as the Soviets entered Afghanistan, should have armed and sealed the border and looked the other way.
Afghan Pashtuns have always been armed

They make their own weaponry and IEDs etc

Soviet L was a W for us I maintain this opinion, TTP would have been strong regardless of the Soviets.

Back
Top Bottom