What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Salman Khan of Khan academy has his parentage linked to Kolkata as well.

Do you want to say WB people are burning with desire to break knots with north India and join BD, which they or their Sharat Bose discarded in 1947 in a misguided perception that Kolkata would give them all the dignities a people can desire. But, now, after 67 years, WB has become the poorest Province of India, whereas BD is going to become a regional rich.
That's what it seems from the looks of it. I think the ill-treatment from other ethnicities is the prime reason of their frustration. They envy BD for most of the part and all the time suffers from a dilemma whether to be loyal to India(which obviously failed them and cant protect them from racism of the northerners) or should join their ethnic brothers.

And I dont think their economic mishap is the reason for missing BD. Guys from WB are one of the best in the business when it comes to miserliness :agree: I heard about it from one of my friends. He and along with family(consisting total of 4 members) visited Kolkata a year back. They visited a house of a relative of one of his father's colleagues. Believe it or not 4 of them were give 2 sweets to eat :cheesy: And the house owner said "সবটুকু খেয়ে যাবেন কিন্তু দাদা"। :omghaha::omghaha:
Also you shouldn't forget what typically a W.Bengali says whenever a guest comes to his house. "দাদা খেয়ে এসেছেন না যেয়ে খাবেন" :rofl::rofl:

We are not a myth... Pity for WB people... Those were our same co-warrior for thousand years. We lost them.
I agree with you on the pity part. Too bad they are not with us. I like their nekami-filled bangla accent. "kolikatar dada ra arr dure chole jashne.. fire ai .. fire ai ... amader kache.."":omghaha::omghaha:

I agree with you on the pity part. Too bad they are not with us. I like their nekami-filled bangla accent. "kolikatar dada'r arr dure chole jashne.. fire ai .. fire ai ... amader kache.."":omghaha::omghaha:

Bagher Mashi holo Biral. Biral Meo Meo vashai kotha bole. Mashi nikot attio holeo prithok barir shodosho. Bagher Mashi Biral holeo, Biral kintu Bagher shomo gotrio na. Bangladesh holo Bagher onchol. Kotha koi Bagher moto. Kolkata r Meo meo biral rupi Bangla Vashi na... Bagh ar Biral mele kono din ak jati hoi na... 1947 e amra ta hare hare ter peasi...Banglar Bagh kokhono Banglar Biral der onushoron korbe na jodio Biral Bagher Mashi. Biral surrendered hoye meo meo training pease abong tader meo meo korar odhikar deoa hok.... We are not a myth...None can stop us...

so in essence bangladeshis and wb people pity each other... for different reasons. I guess we should close the thread now, it just repeatation of same things. :)

That's what it seems from the looks of it. I think the ill-treatment from other ethnicities is the prime reason of their frustration. They envy BD for most of the part and all the time suffers from a dilemma whether to be loyal to India(which obviously failed them and cant protect them from racism of the northerners) or should join their ethnic brothers.

And I dont think their economic mishap is the reason for missing BD. Guys from WB are one of the best in the business when it comes to misery :agree: I heard about it from one of my friends. He and along with family(consisting total of 4 members) visited Kolkata a year back. They visited a house of a relative of one of his father's colleagues. Believe it or not 4 of them were give 2 sweets to eat :cheesy: And the house owner said "সবটুকু খেয়ে যাবেন কিন্তু দাদা"। :omghaha::omghaha:
Also you shouldn't forget what typically a W.Bengali says whenever a guest comes to his house. "দাদা খেয়ে এসেছেন না যেয়ে খাবেন" :rofl::rofl:

It seems all you guys are free luncher, i mean I heard this story from so many people that it's not even funny anymore. Why do you guys come here and try to sneak your way in others house, it's not good manners. Can't you afford good hotels.

I agree with you on the pity part. Too bad they are not with us. I like their nekami-filled bangla accent. "kolikatar dada ra arr dure chole jashne.. fire ai .. fire ai ... amader kache.."":omghaha::omghaha:

Yet you guys die to imitate that accent. Why don't your newspapers, anchors and film stars use regional dialect of khaise, jaishe, halar po hala instead of the standard bengali dialect of kolkata.

Anyway as hinduguy said, this thread is getting repetitive, I'm off until someone posts something worth rebuttal.

By the way, talking about contribution, just this year a Bengali teenager solved a three hundred years old equation coined by newton. A Bengali theoretical physicist won the highest paid prize dedicated to science for his work on string theory. A Bengali doctor won pulitzer for writing a biography of cancer and just yesterday a brave Bengali lady won green Oscar for helping to conserve to rare species of horn bill in arunachal.

all of them were Indian Bengalis, what did Bangladeshis contribute?

Our home minister made the great theory of taking a building down with some narachara. The west are now impressed and will halt the use of explosives to take down buildings. I guess that counts :cheesy:

It seems all you guys are free luncher, i mean I heard this story from so many people that it's not even funny anymore. Why do you guys come here and try to sneak your way in others house, it's not good manners. Can't you afford good hotels.

Dada apne khepen ken? Apner origin to Noakhali, apni to ar original Kolikatar keo na!

And I dont think their economic mishap is the reason for missing BD. Guys from WB are one of the best in the business when it comes to misery :agree: I heard about it from one of my friends. He and along with family(consisting total of 4 members) visited Kolkata a year back. They visited a house of a relative of one of his father's colleagues. Believe it or not 4 of them were give 2 sweets to eat :cheesy: And the house owner said "সবটুকু খেয়ে যাবেন কিন্তু দাদা"। :omghaha::omghaha:

A culture of not even entertaining a house guest is a part of WB culture. Do not deny it, Mr. Refugees from our great East Bengal. Ask your parents or grand parents. How they dislike this Ghoti miser culture. Ask them how well they themselves lived in their Sonar Bangla. Alas, they are now suffering mentally in the Ghoti land because of this miser minds of the Ghotis.

However, these Bangals of ours from BD are much more successful in WB if one considers the way they were mistreated by the Central Govt of India after partition. Know also how well the Punjabi Sikhs were treated by the same govt.

A culture of not even entertaining a house guest is a part of WB culture. Do not deny it, Mr. Refugees from our great East Bengal. Ask your parents or grand parents. How they dislike this Ghoti miser culture. Ask them how well they themselves lived in their Sonar Bangla. Alas, they are now suffering mentally in the Ghoti land because of this miser minds of the Ghotis.

However, these Bangals of ours from BD are much more successful in WB if one considers the way they were mistreated by the Central Govt of India after partition. Know also how well the Punjabi Sikhs were treated by the same govt.

Note how almost all of the pole vaulter's parent love Bangladesh. Pity the children never got to experience the Sonar Bangla

The Ghoti-Bangal phenomena is from a bygone era having very little relevance for today's generation ... Indian bengalis of our generation today , whether from Ghoti ( WB ) or Bangal ( EB ) ancestory , do not dwell on such irrelevant facts anymore ....

Yeah right.that's why all the hotels in Kolkata is always full of Bangladeshis.

Hey we get invited by our kolikata dada's in their houses :angry: Why do you guys provide so less food to your guests? What is the point in inviting someone if you dont really feel like feeding him properly?:pissed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom