What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RiasatKhan @kalu_miah
What do you say on this. Isnt it true that African migrants are only allowed in most of the countries after proper examine. They hold many of worst diseases. So why BD shouldnt strict on this. So many African ppl are entering ppl everyday, purpose of education and living. In addition their criminal activities are also getting higher.

I don't know whether they are checked for STDs before they come here.But I have never heard of any criminal activities by Africans in Bangladesh.Most of those who come here are either students or sportsmen or work for the UN or some other NGOs.I have met a couple of them and they are pretty decent people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether they are checked for STDs before they come here.But I have never heard of any criminal activities by Africans in Bangladesh.Most of those who come here are either students or sportsmen or work for the UN or some other NGOs.I have met a couple of them and they are pretty decent people.

Ya they are decent ppl. Im not accusing ppl at large. But I go through some of the newses where some of them detained for drug dealing and currency trafficking.
It seems to me Africans are choosing BD as better destination. So in the future they will overflow here.If there is any problem its high time to take action.

I was born and bred in Dhaka. I have never been to India. I know that a huge number of Bengali people live in India. I am curious about How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh & Bangladeshi?

I would like to ask Indian Bengali members to answer the question.

I would like to invite u in Bengal, India. There are very beautiful places in West Bengal like your Bangladesh. You can view the vibrant city life in Kolkata, the majestic Himalayas in Darjeeling and a lot more. And I am certain that u'll feel like being home here. Same type of people, same language, same type of food. Come and witness for yourself. And the most imp thing is no one will question u here about your Nationality and look at you as foreigners.

Sorry cant help it. Invaders are not wellcome here. Bihari, rohingya all should be kicked out.

Read more about Nazi Hitler. You talk more like him. If this is AL philosophy, then BD should get rid of this racist parasite group of people who believe in Hitler's way of solving problems. You have no right to talk against people who came to today's Bangladesh when it was east Pakistan. These Biharis lost their properties and lives when they had to leave India in 1947. These Biharis lost lives again when the Bangla speakers started killing them in our NW in the 1st week of March, 1971.

Neither should we ever hate any one because of his language nor should we do so because of his religion. All are our people.

I like this thread.....other than few trolls out here ... :coffee: .... it's nice!! :)

I have always wondered how it is....

It's good. There's no animosity as such between Bengalis of India and Bangladesh. You shouldn't go by the PDF posts else u'll develop a misconception because of some pathetic trolls out here.

Bdw I have followed quite a few posts of yours and found you to be a very sensible poster. I'll praise you for that.

from what i know indian bengalis are comfortable with bangals. no problem. bengalis are not as rabid and mentally unstable as people in the north-west.

from what i know indian bengalis are comfortable with bangals. no problem. bengalis are not as rabid and mentally unstable as people in the north-west.

India had a lot of problems with Pakistan than with Bangladesh. Major things were Border disputes like Sir Creek, dispute on Junagadh, disputes of Kashmir etc. That's why India and Pakistan had 3-4 wars till date.

But India and Bangladesh never had that many issues if compared. In fact India jointly fought with BD against Pak during 1971 war. That's one of the reason why till date Ind-BD borders were very loosely guarded, which has been made strict recently due to illegal immigration.Diplomatic relations of India and BD are much better. This is one reason, getting a Bangladeshi visa is much easier for an Indian than getting a Pakistani visa and vice versa. In fact Sheikh Hasinas son did all his schooling and college from India.

Other than that there are cultural similarities, same Language, similarity in food and festivals.

I feel Pakistan (Islamic Republic) is much more radical than Bangladesh (People's Republic). Hindu Muslim ratio in the respective countries says so.

Pakistan - Muslim 97%; Hindu 1.6%
Bangladesh - Muslim 89.5%; Hindu 9.6%

Though the number of Hindus have decreased much these days in BD due to regular migrations of Hindus to India. Many Hindus still migrate to India from Bangladesh even after 30-40 years of partition. This scenario is not at all common in the West as the rules are stricter.

Many of my Bengali friends from India have been to Bangladesh to visit their ancestral home. My cousins husband is a Businessman in Dhaka, though his home is in Kolkata. Many people from Bangladesh came to India (Kolkata) during their marriage.
My friends parents have their Business in Dhaka and they have temporarily moved there, though my friend and his wife stays in India.
Number of Bangladeshis are staying in Kolkata in fact in other parts of India as well for their Businesses.Number of people from BD come to Kolkata for their Medical treatment. I know this because many patients from BD come to our Hospital in Kolkata. My brother in fact has a number of Bangladeshi patients who are friends with him now and they come with so many gifts.
One of my friend is getting married this year and his would be wife is from Dhaka.

These examples doesn't mean I support unification or something like that stuff. Explicitly mentioning as some people might deduce that. But it's really good to have neighbors with so many similarities.It'll even be better if relationships between India and Bangladesh grows further.

Kolkata dada. Thats good.
I was saying when you guys will do something incredible that will be named as Indian.
So ultimately you will not bring any glory to bengle or Bangla. Only Indians will treat you as Bengle.
To the outside world you are only Indian.
But when we will do something that will go after the name of Bengle. Its our responsiblity to fame the Bengle.
Its a pity you couldnt join us.

They will be known as Indian Bengali.

India had a lot of problems with Pakistan than with Bangladesh. Major things were Border disputes like Sir Creek, dispute on Junagadh, disputes of Kashmir etc. That's why India and Pakistan had 3-4 wars till date.

But In

untries says so.

Pakistan - Muslim 97%; Hindu 1.6%
Bangladesh - Muslim 89.5%; Hindu 9.6%

Though the number of Hindus have decreased much these days in BD due to regular migrations of Hindus to India. Many Hindus still migrate to India from Bangladesh even after 30-40 years of partition. This scenario is not at all common in the West as the rules are stricter.

really good to have neighbors with so many similarities.It'll even be better if relationships between India and Bangladesh grows further.

That 9.60% is not Hindu only, it's the total non-Muslim population. Only half of that is Hindu. Within the Hindu element only a marginal amount is High Cast / Brahmin. The total non-Muslim population has reduced to half of that figure which is a decade old.

That 9.60% is not Hindu only, it's the total non-Muslim population. Only half of that is Hindu. Within the Hindu element only a marginal amount is High Cast / Brahmin. The total non-Muslim population has reduced to half of that figure which is a decade old.

9.6 + 89.5. Add this and then subtract that from 100. The difference is (.9%) what you are saying as non Muslims + non Hindus in BD. Well u might be correct in saying that the most recent stats of non Muslims have reduced more due to regular migrations in India and other countries.
Can u plz post the most recent fig, I didn't find that in the net?

Look, the logic is simple here. No offense, it's the truth. In the world sphere, Pakistan and Bangladesh is taken as nobody. The former is even considered extremist. With India, you will be somebody. The Chinese and the west are plotting against us because we are divided now. They have used the same principle of divide and rule from ages past. If we are united, they will think twice before messing with us or never mess with us for that matter. What is stopping you from reunification? If religion is the problem, we Indians treat everyone equally. We have Hindu, Muslim and other religion brothers and sisters. If we are living happily, why can't you? Bangladesh, even if you consider not a part of us, we would still protect you. You are surrounded by us, so no fear of foreign invasion. You would have known the pain if you had a Chinese border. United we stand, Divided we fall. Vande Mataram, the slogan we used when the pink pigs occupied our unified country then.

P.S. Stupid people here who doesn't think of long term benefits, don't bother replying.

Look, the logic is simple here. No offense, it's the truth. In the world sphere, Pakistan and Bangladesh is taken as nobody. The former is even considered extremist. With India, you will be somebody. The Chinese and the west are plotting against us because we are divided now. They have used the same principle of divide and rule from ages past. If we are united, they will think twice before messing with us or never mess with us for that matter. What is stopping you from reunification? If religion is the problem, we Indians treat everyone equally. We have Hindu, Muslim and other religion brothers and sisters. If we are living happily, why can't you? Bangladesh, even if you consider not a part of us, we would still protect you. You are surrounded by us, so no fear of foreign invasion. You would have known the pain if you had a Chinese border. United we stand, Divided we fall. Vande Mataram, the slogan we used when the pink pigs occupied our unified country then.

P.S. Stupid people here who doesn't think of long term benefits, don't bother replying.

No it can't happen as simple as that. There's no point in reunification. You can't change the past. Whatever has happened has happened. Once a person dies, you can't ask him to be alive again simple logic.
Rather than chanting re unification, try to do something useful for India. That will help the country much more.

My view is let India, Pakistan and Bangladesh be friendly neighbors. This reunification thing is a complete nonsense hypothesis and I am sure you won't get any support in this from neither Indians nor Pakistanis nor Bangladeshis. So please keep this suggestion of you to yourself.

First see your user name. Then quote. When I mentioned you kid. Its disgusting everytime I post and you
come from no where. Without no logic and meaning you just troll. That extraordinary animal brain of your
is no match with my normal human brain. So why dont you spare me with your ultraordinary brain which
is infested by chapati.
1) going by that logic, you are a mad retard however, i won't argue with that as you are one indeed :lol:
2)isn't it more embarrassing that a kid has more knowledge than you? heck my 10 year old brother has better brain than yours.
3) its your fault that you suck so bad in English. I'm giving free lessons so feel free to drop by
4)Its about time you realize that humans are animals as well or did you not attend to school, chapati?
5)I think we are having a misunderstanding here, it is you who seems to have the tiny brain of a chapati

Only the Re-carnation of the True inherent Dravidian Nationhood of West Bengal People could help them to feel the Real Nationhood. We are the Bangladeshi Race, the True Continua-tor of the Dravidian Blood Flow. We are a Race. The Bangladeshi Race, the Seventh Largest Nation of the World. This is a True Family. None can stop us. None can destroy us. None can divide our Race. We are the Pure One. We know all the Aryan agents and their allies. We kicked some Aryans in 1947 and some Aryans in 1971. Now we are free from them. I think West Bengal is still to be freed. Ya, Pala Empire Buddhist Dravidian are now Presenting Present Bangladeshi Race, which is free from the Aryans. Bangladesh is the last hope of the real Free Dravidian Race & that is the final point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom