What's new

Holi in Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad

Pakistan should request border open so all Pakisatni who want to travel to India for Holi can happen so they can live happily ever after

Along side Bhakats

They are already living with Fauji Bhakats

Whichever ulema you follow for your other Islamic rulings. It doesn’t matter which ulema you follow since this is something unanimously agreed upon by all ulema that Holi is haram to celebrate. So even your most favourite will call it haram.
Sure you can bypass the ulema if you spend more years studying Islam than them. If you have Islamic knowledge and clear proofs from Quran and Sunnah for your actions then do them.
All I’m saying is Holi and such holidays are haram. These holidays are shirk. Knowing what Holi is and the religious meaning behind it and still taking part in Holi is kufr.
If you think you’re capable of drawing the line and make some pagan holiday complete fine for you to celebrate then do what you want but remember you’ll have to answer to Allah on your own for it. If you think it’s worth committing kufr just cuz you want to throw colours at people then that’s your choice.
Ulema are there so laymen like me and you can understand the religion more. If you have a problem with ulema then that’s up to you.

All the schools of fiqh for Sunni Islam unanimously agree celebrating Holi is haram. Idk about other sects and their ruling.

There’s no point in even going back and forth on this topic anymore with you. I have quoted Hadith in my original post and other members have as well to show celebrating such holidays is haram. I have said what the scholars all agree upon. You’re just stating your opinion with no proof from Quran or Sunnah to back your claim of Holi being ok to celebrate. If that’s the opinion you hold despite facts being presented to you then I can’t do anything about it.

But just remember Holi is haram to celebrate and knowing what the religious meaning of Holi is and still celebrating it is Kufr.
I see a whole lot of strawman and not a whole lot of addressing the issue at hand. Whether holi is haram or not isn't the issue at all.

You also assumed, with no proof, that I'm arguing the technicalities of jurisprudence sans Quran and Sunnah or otherwise.

Let me remind you of the question again: who draws the line?

Also, why do we have members on this forum discussing halal and haram?

I see a whole lot of strawman and not a whole lot of addressing the issue at hand. Whether holi is haram or not isn't the issue at all.

You also assumed, with no proof, that I'm arguing the technicalities of jurisprudence sans Quran and Sunnah or otherwise.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allah (sa) (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood (4031); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

It is not permissible to take part in festivals originated or influenced by polytheism. Muslims should revive the sunna of the Prophet and celebrate Islamic festivals that have been sanctioned for the Umma like Eid al-Adha and Eid al-Fitr and understanding their scope without going beyond it. It has also been said that the Holi festival could be considered a "neutral" festival in relation to the coming of the spring like the Persian Nowruz. This is not something proven; rather what is proven is the fact that such festivals are not part of the established sunna but often mixed with polytheistic/pagan elements and therefore should be avoided by Muslims.

You are welcome to share any "sawaab" associated with celebrating holi.

Pakistan should request border open so all Pakisatni who want to travel to India for Holi can happen so they can live happily ever after

Along side Bhakats

They are already living with Fauji Bhakats
What's a bhakat?

Shameful scum bags

Pressure should be placed on the university to immediately stop this beghairati

These idiots might be thinking it's just a bit of fun,, but this kind of Haram is slippery slope

And NO Muslim would justify it or tolerate it

This thread is on Holi.
The person who I replied to originally had quoted me because of the thread being on Holi.
So the topic is Holi.
Your bringing in the discussion of halal and haram by asking who draws the line.

Holi is haram. Knowing it’s religious meaning and taking part in it is Kufr.

The rest you can figure out on your own.

You can draw as many lines as you want but haram will stay haram.

Nothing wrong in owning up to our roots or culture. No one is stopping anyone from participating culture as long as it’s within Islamic limits. Non Muslims can practice their culture in full because they don’t have to worry about Islamic limits. However, every Muslim puts Islam before culture.

That doesn't make any sense. Islam is Arabic culture so how are you putting anything above culture? You are literally practising another culture :lol: An Arab won't even say this because by practising Islam, he is practicing his culture.

Its better to integrate culture with Islam than make people pick one or the other or make them decide which one is superior. That's how you raise a generation of confused people and us as a civilization don't have our own religion. Iranians own Shiaism and by practising it they are practising Iranian culture. Even they integrated it.

That doesn't make any sense. Islam is Arabic culture so how are you putting anything above culture? You are literally practising another culture :lol: An Arab won't even say this because by practising Islam, he is practicing his culture.

Its better to integrate culture with Islam than make people pick one or the other or make them decide which one is superior. That's how you raise a generation of confused people and us as a civilization don't have our own religion. Iranians own Shiaism and by practising it they are practising Iranian culture. Even they integrated it.
yeah we need our own new sect

Whichever ulema you follow for your other Islamic rulings. It doesn’t matter which ulema you follow since this is something unanimously agreed upon by all ulema that Holi is haram to celebrate. So even your most favourite will call it haram.
Sure you can bypass the ulema if you spend more years studying Islam than them. If you have Islamic knowledge and clear proofs from Quran and Sunnah for your actions then do them.
All I’m saying is Holi and such holidays are haram. These holidays are shirk. Knowing what Holi is and the religious meaning behind it and still taking part in Holi is kufr.
If you think you’re capable of drawing the line and make some pagan holiday complete fine for you to celebrate then do what you want but remember you’ll have to answer to Allah on your own for it. If you think it’s worth committing kufr just cuz you want to throw colours at people then that’s your choice.
Ulema are there so laymen like me and you can understand the religion more. If you have a problem with ulema then that’s up to you.

All the schools of fiqh for Sunni Islam unanimously agree celebrating Holi is haram. Idk about other sects and their ruling.

There’s no point in even going back and forth on this topic anymore with you. I have quoted Hadith in my original post and other members have as well to show celebrating such holidays is haram. I have said what the scholars all agree upon. You’re just stating your opinion with no proof from Quran or Sunnah to back your claim of Holi being ok to celebrate. If that’s the opinion you hold despite facts being presented to you then I can’t do anything about it.

But just remember Holi is haram to celebrate and knowing what the religious meaning of Holi is and still celebrating it is Kufr.
Why should Muslims celebrate religious holidays of other religions, when in Islam we are only allowed to strictly celebrate Eid-ul-Adha and Eid-ul-Fitr?

What the hell is wrong with these people?
Hili is Hindu religious ritual . Muslims cannot perform other religions rituals. Shame

I don't know what's funnier.
The fact that "Pakistani Patriots" are criticizing University students for celebrating Holi, while aboard (Dar Ul Harb)
or the fact that their prepubescent identity crisis is making them create this useless thread. WHEN RELIGIOUS DICUSSIONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED

What Allah and his Messenger (pbuh) told us about celebrating the festivals of non Muslims is clear as day.

If you wish to adhere to it, do so. If you don't want to - that is between you and your Creator.

To those who's festival it is - I wish them every happiness on the special day.

I don't know what's funnier.
The fact that "Pakistani Patriots" are criticizing University students for celebrating Holi, while aboard (Dar Ul Harb)
or the fact that their prepubescent identity crisis is making them create this useless thread. WHEN RELIGIOUS DICUSSIONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED

Step foot in Dar ul Harb - you'll find it more Islamic than your own country.

1686869103746.jpeg

All those defending it. I do dua that May ALLAH raise you with Hindus on day of judgement. Ameen.

The biggest Holi celebration in Pakistan was at Quaid-I-Azam university.
Holi is a holiday originating from Hinduism and celebrated by non Muslims particularly Hindus and Sikhs.
In the video a large crowd of presumably non Muslims is seen celebrating Holi.

Muslims are not allowed to celebrate festivals of other religions especially a festival like Holi because it is considered Haram and considered Shirk. Willingly taking part in such festivals also constitutes to Kufr so Muslims refrain from celebrating it.
This is because our religious scriptures mentions:
Ibn ’Umar (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
He who imitates any people (in their actions) is considered to be one of them.”
-Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3512

However, non Muslims are free to practice their beliefs and do their religious festivals in accordance to state laws.

@Areesh @Mujahid Memon @TNT @Dalit @lastofthepatriots @kingQamaR @Olympus81 @Genghis khan1 @Great Janjua @Goenitz @AA_ @SaadH @villageidiot @PakAlp @Tamerlane @Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai @AlKardai @Bleek @Ikbal @hussain0216 @Mirzali Khan

A bunch of Cucked Shameless Liberal Gandus. No better way to describe them. Country has no hope when our Universities are getting huge foreign funding to drive their libtard agenda. Soon well be seeing LGBTQ bollocks in these Universities too. Country is well and truly going down the shythole unless the masses fight for their country back. But unfortunately they've been asleep since the countries supposed independence. Quaid would be turning in his grave at the state of the country.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom