What's new

Holi in Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad

He is ofcourse very hard core but let's be honest this has nothing to with us or our society
It looks cringe AF for university students to be doing such things
Next you’ll see the same students have cow dung battles to mark the end of Diwali or start drinking cow piss cuz apparently it’ll be “cultural” only. Probably the same guys who cry animal rights on Eid ul Adha.

They banned our cultural festivals like Basant, despite the fact that Lahore city alone used to generate billions of PKR in a single day due to Basant.

However, they seem to have no issue embracing foreign impositions in our land. Although I'm supportive of Hindus in Sindh celebrating their festivals freely in thier country,
it's quite baffling that university students from Islamabad would engage in such celebrations. It's like university students in Stockholm celebrating St. Patrick's Day, which comes across as cringe and disconnected from our own cultural heritage

In short I don't like it, this should be discouraged
Although there's tons of other problems in our country and this wouldn't be at the top of my priority list
No, it should not be discouraged and in any case, who are we as Muslims to discourage the religious/cultural practices of another religious denomination in Pakistan. Additionally, this event at QAU is indicative of population migration because Hindus etc. cannot be expected to remain cornered in rural Sind.

If Pakistan is to be a multi-cultural and multi-religious country (by nature it is), then these practices should be accommodated and tolerated because these are Pakistani citizens.

You can't be a hypocrite by saying Pakistan is for ALL Pakistanis and then discouraging others from practicing their religion. As long as there is no indecency and immoral activities (these can be managed properly), we should have absolutely no problem.

Last edited:
I’m glad you’ve learned that I stay firm on my beliefs and won’t bend my religion to fit in or get acceptance from anyone.

Be careful bro. They might label you a salafi and follower of Arab culture too.

The guy you quoted is pretty confused him self. His a murtad who loves Jesus (probably converting to Christianity) and thinks British occupation of Indian subcontinent was a good thing. Apparently to him that’s what civilized us. He has no problem with pride month like he showed in the thread about pride month and instead wants Muslims to participate in it.
Apparently to him I’m a follower of outsider (Arab) culture. Oh the irony.
The Ahle-E-Hadith/Salafists are the closest to the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

Deobandis are also close to the Qur'an and Sunnah, but they have some wrong opinions and practices as well.

So how do you define celebrating? Where do you draw the line?

Is taking a day off and going out to the park celebrating? Meeting your relatives? Having friends over and a BBQ? Where does the buck stop?

Shouldn't we be rather focusing on the niyyat?
You don’t celebrate it by not participating in the festival. For Holi throwing colours has religious significance to Hindus. For Christmas setting up a Christmas tree has religious significance to Christians. For Easter doing the Easter rituals has religious significance to Christian. For Halloween wearing a mask and going trick or treat had religious significance to the religion which Halloween originated from. For Eid going Eid namaaz and taking part in any other Eid particles like Qurbani has religious significance to us Muslims.
You won’t find a Hindu going to slaughter a goat on Eid ul Adha.
If a complete stranger with no sense of time seen you with your relatives would be thin you’re celebrating a holiday? No. If he seen you throwing colours at your friends would he think you’re celebrating a holiday? Yes.
I think it’s very easy to draw the line between celebrating and not.
Ok during Christmas you will set up a Christmas tree, sing Christmas carols, dress up as Santa, and hand out Christmas gifts but with the niyyat of not celebrating Christmas rather just having fun with your family and relatives?

So how do you define celebrating? Where do you draw the line?

Is taking a day off and going out to the park celebrating? Meeting your relatives? Having friends over and a BBQ? Where does the buck stop?

You don’t celebrate it by not participating in the festival. For Holi throwing colours has religious significance to Hindus. For Christmas setting up a Christmas tree has religious significance to Christians. For Easter doing the Easter rituals has religious significance to Christian. For Halloween wearing a mask and going trick or treat had religious significance to the religion which Halloween originated from. For Eid going Eid namaaz and taking part in any other Eid particles like Qurbani has religious significance to us Muslims.
If a complete stranger with no sense of time seen you with your relatives would be thin you’re celebrating a holiday? No. If he seen you throwing colours at your friends would he think you’re celebrating a holiday? Yes.
Ok during Christmas you will set up a Christmas tree, sing Christmas carols, dress up as Santa, and hand out Christmas gifts but with the niyyat of not celebrating Christmas rather just having fun with your family and relatives?

Deobandis are also close to the Qur'an and Sunnah, but they have some wrong opinions and practices as well.

That's your opinion .

On topic they can celebrate their own festival for sure. Muslims don't and this is universally known.

That's your opinion .

On topic they can celebrate their own festival for sure. Muslims don't and this is universally known.
Well, I am just saying those who are closest to the Qur'an and Sunnah.

I did not mean to offend anyone, Sir.

Why should we celebrate the holidays of other religions, when the Kaafirs don't celebrate the holidays of Muslims?

Well, I am just saying those who are closes to the Qur'an and Sunnah.

I did not mean to offend anyone, Sir.

Of course but it is still an opinion. I don't want to open up the debates of anthropomorphism etc.
If Muslims have beliefs in the five tenants they are Muslims and all the rest of the debates I leave to the learned.

Of course but it is still an opinion. I don't want to open up the debates of anthropomorphism etc.
If Muslims have beliefs in the five tenants they are Muslims and all the rest of the debates I leave to the learned.
Correct, Sir.

The biggest Holi celebration in Pakistan was at Quaid-I-Azam university.
Holi is a holiday originating from Hinduism and celebrated by non Muslims particularly Hindus and Sikhs.
In the video a large crowd of presumably non Muslims is seen celebrating Holi.

Muslims are not allowed to celebrate festivals of other religions especially a festival like Holi because it is considered Haram and considered Shirk. Willingly taking part in such festivals also constitutes to Kufr so Muslims refrain from celebrating it.
This is because our religious scriptures mentions:
Ibn ’Umar (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
He who imitates any people (in their actions) is considered to be one of them.”
-Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3512

However, non Muslims are free to practice their beliefs and do their religious festivals in accordance to state laws.

@Areesh @Mujahid Memon @TNT @Dalit @lastofthepatriots @kingQamaR @Olympus81 @Genghis khan1 @Great Janjua @Goenitz @AA_ @SaadH @villageidiot @PakAlp @Tamerlane @Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai @AlKardai @Bleek @Ikbal @hussain0216 @Mirzali Khan

Not only Indian regious but also any and all cultural festivals should be completely banned.

We should completely break free both religiously and culturally from the Indians.

The biggest Holi celebration in Pakistan was at Quaid-I-Azam university.
Holi is a holiday originating from Hinduism and celebrated by non Muslims particularly Hindus and Sikhs.
In the video a large crowd of presumably non Muslims is seen celebrating Holi.

Muslims are not allowed to celebrate festivals of other religions especially a festival like Holi because it is considered Haram and considered Shirk. Willingly taking part in such festivals also constitutes to Kufr so Muslims refrain from celebrating it.
This is because our religious scriptures mentions:
Ibn ’Umar (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
He who imitates any people (in their actions) is considered to be one of them.”
-Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3512

However, non Muslims are free to practice their beliefs and do their religious festivals in accordance to state laws.

@Areesh @Mujahid Memon @TNT @Dalit @lastofthepatriots @kingQamaR @Olympus81 @Genghis khan1 @Great Janjua @Goenitz @AA_ @SaadH @villageidiot @PakAlp @Tamerlane @Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai @AlKardai @Bleek @Ikbal @hussain0216 @Mirzali Khan

"2 Nation Theory"

Well for starters, I do not 'celebrate' or take part in these festivities, it just seems pointless to me. Even in university my friends etc took part in holi etc., but their choice.

My argument is a larger one. Where do you draw the line? And how do you draw it? If I am dressing up as santa, singing carols, having everything like a Christian, sure, I might be celebrating.

But what if I just got up on Christmas day, went out to a few Christmas dinners or lunches invited by my friends, or went out to a mall or whatever? Does that count as celebration too?

I agree with that. We are not Indians.

Buddy, half of our rituals and customs are from the Indian culture.

We are much closer to Indians than to Arabs.

Dr. Israr Ahmed was deobandi

Dr. Israr Ahmed was deobandi
I believe Dr. Israr Ahmed has the same views as Ahmed Deedat.

deedat21.jpg

Well for starters, I do not 'celebrate' or take part in these festivities, it just seems pointless to me. Even in university my friends etc took part in holi etc., but their choice.

My argument is a larger one. Where do you draw the line? And how do you draw it? If I am dressing up as santa, singing carols, having everything like a Christian, sure, I might be celebrating.

But what if I just got up on Christmas day, went out to a few Christmas dinners or lunches invited by my friends, or went out to a mall or whatever? Does that count as celebration too?

Buddy, half of our rituals and customs are from the Indian culture.

We are much closer to Indians than to Arabs.
I never said we are closer to Arabs.

Secondly why should we adopt festivals from other religions.

Back
Top Bottom