What's new

Hindu students attacked for celebrating Holi at Punjab University in Lahore

It occurred to me that -jeet (trans. "victory") style surnames are most popular among Punjabi Hindus and Sikhs. Even the slurs for Gangadeshis are Punjabi derived. They really stole everything from the mighty Indus, didn't they :/

what a truly disgusting culture man- most normal men don't even curse in the presence of women
but they are literally talking about such disgusting things for thier family members ffs that I dont even want to repeat - wtf kinda rotten behavior is this? its like Jungle folks with no sense of civility, dignity nor respect

ANd that shows one thing- Hindus from Pakistan would rather die than act like this, it shows a totally different culture, mindset, and thinking, they shouldn't be judged for these jungle junkie neanthrathols

What about it.
First comprehend the difference between Mob violence and individual acts of taking laws into own hand.
Like the Brahmain who killed a pregnant Dalit woman for touching a Garbage bin.
Voilence is volience and should be condemned in strongest terms whether it is individual or mob violence. Are u trying to say mob violence is OK and individual violence is wrong, whether it is pelting of stones against Hindu students for celebrating Holi by a fascist party Jammait or Brahmin killing a pregnant lady both should be equally condemned.

Are you suggesting that if there are large gatherings of Hindus in Holi, it's a given that someone will be molested?

You seem to be even more hardcore in your hindu hatred than anyone on the thread.
It is likely and I have heard cases of groping. In Holi some people are intoxicated, so you have to use your judgment.

It is likely and I have heard cases of groping. In Holi some people are intoxicated, so you have to use your judgment.

Most religious gatherings involve the use of alcohol across many religions. However this groping phenomenon is somewhat India specific.

Most religious gatherings involve the use of alcohol across many religions. However this groping phenomenon is somewhat India specific.
I have no idea about other countries because it is mostly unreported. But the scale of our religious gathering is huge which makes it conducive for some miscreants to take advantage.

I have no idea about other countries because it is mostly unreported. But the scale of our religious gathering is huge which makes it conducive for some miscreants to take advantage.
why not just try segregation? it seems to be applied across communal lines quite efficiently in India already.

why not just try segregation? it seems to be applied across communal lines quite efficiently in India already.
It has to be ingrained like in Muslim community. I have been to a muslim friend son's wedding and all I see is groom and male folks. No women in sight including the bride. They all are in separate tent. I was little disappointed because of strict segregation that is followed in muslim weddings.

It has to be ingrained like in Muslim community. I have been to a muslim friend son's wedding and all I see is groom and male folks. No women in sight including the bride. They all are in separate tent. I was little disappointed because of strict segregation that is followed in muslim weddings.

Did they grope you?

Dalits and Muslims do live in segregated bubbles not of their own making.

Did they grope you?

Dalits and Muslims do live in segregated bubbles not of their own making.
The reason I was disappointed was because of expectations, of women and children with colorful dresses and an atmosphere of comradery between men and women folks that I see in our Hindu weddings. Muslims and Dalits tend to live in isolated bubbles of their own making. Only solution is education and upliftment. As an example, out of 30 or odd commercial tenants our family have, only one is Muslim. Even though my cousins are reluctant to give their properties to Muslim, I did not discriminate. My muslim tenant turned out to be the best tenant one can hope for. He pays on time and is very progressive and religious at the same time. Only has two kids, one daughter is doing phd and the other son is in Australia doing MS.

The reason I was disappointed was because of expectations, of women and children with colorful dresses and an atmosphere of comradery between men and women folks that I see in our Hindu weddings. Muslims and Dalits tend to live in isolated bubbles of their own making. Only solution is education and upliftment. As an example, out of 30 or odd commercial tenants our family have, only one is Muslim. Even though my cousins are reluctant to give their properties to Muslim, I did not discriminate. My muslim tenant turned out to be the best tenant one can hope for. He pays on time and is very progressive and religious at the same time. Only has two kids, one daughter is doing phd and the other son is in Australia doing MS.

Dalits and Muslims do not have the financial freedom to afford such a bubble. Their segregation is not their own making. Case in point the 30:1 disadvantage at commercial scale.

Dalits and Muslims do not have the financial freedom to afford such a bubble. Their segregation is not their own making. Case in point the 30:1 disadvantage at commercial scale.
If Dalits and Muslims don't seek out opportunities that are out there, then who do you blame.

Back
Top Bottom