What's new

Holi in Quaid-I-Azam University Islamabad

Not only Indian regious but also any and all cultural festivals should be completely banned.

We should completely break free both religiously and culturally from the Indians.
Why such insecurity?

Listen, we can say the above till kingdom come, but there are linkages due to shared backgrounds and where many Pakistanis and their families come from.

Yes, we are a distinctly different country, but we also share a common culture to a significant extent because we and they belong to same/adjacent lands.

While I am not suggesting "adoption" of other's customs, however what is being suggested/recommended above is impractical and counter-productive.

Why such insecurity?

Listen, we can say the above till kingdom come, but there are linkages due to shared backgrounds and where many Pakistanis and their families come from.

Yes, we are a distinctly different country, but we also share a common culture to a significant extent because we and they belong to same/adjacent lands.

While I am not suggesting "adoption" of other's customs, however what is being suggested/recommended above is impractical and counter-productive.

No insecurity but we need clarify of thought.

Our forefathers reverted to Islam as they realized that Islam was superior to the pagan Indian religions being follwed earlier

So why should we confuse the people and our kids by saying it okay to follow Indian religions or culture?

By doing that we are doing disservice to Islam and being disrespectful to our forefathers.

No insecurity but we need clarify of thought.

Our forefathers reverted to Islam as they realized that Islam was superior to the pagan Indian religions being follwed earlier

So why should we confuse the people and our kids by saying it okay to follow Indian religions or culture?

By doing that we are doing disservice to Islam and being disrespectful to our forefathers.
Simply because there are Hindus who are citizens of our country and prior to 1947, our forefathers lived in India.

Islam is what we practice in our lives. Why is there a need to shove this identity in everyone's face i.e. "I am a Muslim"?

Why would I be "disrespectful" in owning up to my roots and links?

Never did our forefathers tell us that we need to dissociate ourselves from our Indian, Afghan, Turkic, or Arab or Persian roots. So why are we doing this now ourselves?

Please keep in mind that I don't even watch Indian movies etc. and like most Pakistanis, I practice Islam regularly or at least try my level best. However, I have never understood the need to have my guard up on all things Indian/Hindu. Yes, there are differences, but is there a need to keep on pounding on the differences all the time only to convince myself "yes, I am different"? I just don't see the need.

Simply because there are Hindus who are citizens of our country and prior to 1947, our forefathers lived in India.

Islam is what we practice in our lives. Why is there a need to shove this identity in everyone's face i.e. "I am a Muslim"?

Never did our forefathers tell us that we need to dissociate ourselves from our Indian, Afghan, Turkic, or Arab or Persian roots. So why are we doing this now ourselves?

Please keep in mind that I don't even watch Indian movies etc. and like most Pakistanis, I practice Islam regularly or at least try my level best. However, I have never understood the need to have my guard up on all things Indian/Hindu. Yes, there are differences, but is there a need to keep on pounding the differences all the time only to convince myself "yes, I am different"? I just don't see the need.

Culture is a broad term.

Continuing to eat daal is one thing but celebrating a pagan festival is on an entirely different level.

It should never be encouraged.

Where do you draw the line? And how do you draw it?
We let the ulema do it who have studied Islam and are more knowledgeable about the deen than us laymen. If the ulema unanimously agree that participating in Holi or any such festival is haram, that is our line. If we have more Islamic knowledge and clear proofs from the Quran and Sunnah then by all means debate the ulema on the topic.
After all, it’s better safe than sorry. I rather avoid throwing colours at people than committing kufr by taking part in a pagan festival.
Does that count as celebration too?
That is for you to ask yourself.
Knowing the Islamic rulings on such holidays, how much do you want to participate in them? After all, you’re gonna answer to Allah for your own actions not me. If you believe what you’re doing is not celebrating and you can answer to Allah for it then go ahead and do what you want . If you want to sin as well then go ahead I can’t physically stop you. If you want to take the risk of maybe accidentally committing kufr then go ahead I can’t stop you.
The job of a Muslim is to warn another Muslim something is haram or not. I have said what the ulema unanimously agree upon. Now it is up to you. Do what you want cuz you’ll be answering for your actions not me. If you wanna throw colours for Holi despite knowing the ulema unanimously agree upon it being haram then that’s up to you.

Buddy, half of our rituals and customs are from the Indian culture.

We are much closer to Indians than to Arabs.

Nothing wrong in owning up to our roots or culture. No one is stopping anyone from participating culture as long as it’s within Islamic limits. Non Muslims can practice their culture in full because they don’t have to worry about Islamic limits. However, every Muslim puts Islam before culture.

Please keep in mind that I don't even watch Indian movies etc. and like most Pakistanis, I practice Islam regularly or at least try my level best. However, I have never understood the need to have my guard up on all things Indian/Hindu. Yes, there are differences, but is there a need to keep on pounding on the differences all the time only to convince myself "yes, I am different"? I just don't see the need.

Another troubling trend these days is Pakistanis saying Namaste especially the Pakistani youtubers and bloggers.

We let the ulema do it who have studied Islam and are more knowledgeable about the deen than us laymen.
Which ulema are qualified to draw the line, and which ones aren't? Who decides which ulema are allowed to draw the line? Can people impose their favourite ulema's interpretations onto others who don't agree with them?

Why shouldn't the ulema simply be bypassed altogether?

Which ulema are qualified to draw the line, and which ones aren't? Who decides which ulema are allowed to draw the line? Can people impose their favourite ulema's interpretations onto others who don't agree with them?

Forget about Ulema.

If one's concious feels okay to continue following these pagan festivals and practices then is he/she really committed to Islam?

This is a disturbing trend.

Forget about Ulema.

If one's concious feels okay to continue following these pagan festivals and practices then is he/she really committed to Islam?

This is a disturbing trend.
The issue here isn't whether holi is allowed or forbidden.

The problem circles back to the question: where do we draw the line?

sometimes I wish islamists beat the f out of our elites, but they cant even take care of pedos within their own ranks how will they fix our sellout elites?

You have to be a literal cuck to be okay with this crap - most people world over will laugh at this, like we are some sort of a big joke, we have no things to celebrate of our own so we steal one from others
hell most Hindus & Indians themselves will probably laugh their a** off to this forget others, Pakistani Hindus will probably think of us as idiots

this is literally the definition of cultural appropriation

One could also just partake in the celebrations, which is just revelry, music, dance, and playing with water and colour.. one need not look at it from a religious angle at all. People all over the world do so, without a care about any religiosity that may be attached to it.. get high on bhaang thandai, listen to music, dance, eat some traditional treats..

Thandai_%28Spiced_Indian_Milk_Drink%29.JPG

gujiya-recipe.jpg

one might even say its a pagan thing... so unless you're hardcore a salafist or something following a super strict code, should be allrite really.

pepperoni pizzas are great too, as is beef chilly fry.

Whichever ulema you follow for your other Islamic rulings. It doesn’t matter which ulema you follow since this is something unanimously agreed upon by all ulema that Holi is haram to celebrate. So even your most favourite will call it haram.
Sure you can bypass the ulema if you spend more years studying Islam than them. If you have Islamic knowledge and clear proofs from Quran and Sunnah for your actions then do them.
All I’m saying is Holi and such holidays are haram. These holidays are shirk. Knowing what Holi is and the religious meaning behind it and still taking part in Holi is kufr.
If you think you’re capable of drawing the line and make some pagan holiday complete fine for you to celebrate then do what you want but remember you’ll have to answer to Allah on your own for it. If you think it’s worth committing kufr just cuz you want to throw colours at people then that’s your choice.
Ulema are there so laymen like me and you can understand the religion more. If you have a problem with ulema then that’s up to you.

All the schools of fiqh for Sunni Islam unanimously agree celebrating Holi is haram. Idk about other sects and their ruling.

There’s no point in even going back and forth on this topic anymore with you. I have quoted Hadith in my original post and other members have as well to show celebrating such holidays is haram. I have said what the scholars all agree upon. You’re just stating your opinion with no proof from Quran or Sunnah to back your claim of Holi being ok to celebrate. If that’s the opinion you hold despite facts being presented to you then I can’t do anything about it.

But just remember Holi is haram to celebrate and knowing what the religious meaning of Holi is and still celebrating it is Kufr.

sometimes I wish islamists beat the f out of our elites, but they cant even take care of pedos within their own ranks how will they fix our sellout elites?
Firstly, the word Islamists doesn’t exist but I’ll assume you’re referring to Muslims when you say that.

Secondly, it is us who calls for public executions of pesos and other criminals. It is us who call for the severest punishment of such criminals. But it’s always the left more concerned about their image to the west and “human rights” which want to end capital punishments all together.

Thirdly, we say to embrace Islam as majority of Pakistan is Muslims. We say to embrace Islam so no mullah can start exploiting the masses because the majority Muslim country remains ignorant on the matters of Islam. The pathetic state of the people in the country is y’all can’t even teach your children the very basics of the religion and need a mullah for that. We warned you guys not to be a generation of ignorant sheep who can be easily exploited by Mullahs but y’all were too busy with secular education to care about religious education and expected the majority Muslim country can survive on just secular education. Even the state exploited the ignorance of Muslims of Pakistan in regards to Islamic matters by supporting dollarkhor Mullahs to basically mentally enslave the masses. The state is actively involved in supporting wrong Mullahs who exploit Islam.
how will they fix our sellout elites?
When they try the whole country labels them as terrorists and the blind sheepish nation blindly follows what elite says and labels them as terrorists. The élite mentally control the masses by making them ignorant about Islam, using jahil Mullahs to exploit them, and by labeling any religious opposition as terrorists.
Even in Panjab there’s many examples of the people who you call “Islamists” and who the state has declared terrorists who fought feudal landlords and ended their feudalism in their areas. But elite run the country and has the states forces to fight for them so at the end of the day it ends up being the poor soldier who has to pay the price.

they just want another opportunity to hook up, that is university thing.

Back
Top Bottom