What's new

Hindu students attacked for celebrating Holi at Punjab University in Lahore

Aren't a lot of the members Pashtun and Baloch themselves?

Anyway unfortunately a lot of these unions are incredibly low intellect and extremist. Not much intellectual discourse of quality takes place.

Even the Islam that is preached in Pakistan is very misleading and extremist. Overall very low intellect discourse again. They need to teach very basic things of how Muslim should act and behave, treat others, core beliefs. But they simply jump to extreme things and hurting others.
Afaik there's no Baloch or Sindhi presence in islamist parties

I will be honest

They are going to have to pay, partition happened for a reason

There is no space for wishy washy bullshit or being a pussey
I know this behavior angers Muslims of pak for revenge but Pakistani Hindus are Pakistanis they act, look, and culturally are nothing like Indians
Find Indians on borders to kill for revenge not our own people

I will be honest

They are going to have to pay, partition happened for a reason

There is no space for wishy washy bullshit or being a pussey

Yes, let us hurt and discriminate our own Pakistani citizens that have always been loyal citizens and even martyrs in wars against India are found among their ranks because India is a cesspool that is incapable of treating its minorities and Muslim citizens as they should.

The logic is beyond my thought process.

In my view being a weak man/weak human/a coward, is attacking your own peaceful community for no reason and using events abroad (India) as an excuse.

Yes, let us hurt and discriminate our own Pakistani citizens that have always been loyal citizens and even martyrs in wars against India are found among their ranks because India is a cesspool that is incapable of treating its minorities and Muslim citizens as they should.

The logic is beyond my thought process.

In my view being a weak man/weak human/a coward, is attacking your own peaceful community for no reason and using events abroad (India) as an excuse.

Come on man, enough with these Aman ki ASHA tamasha

Ramadan and Eid is coming up,, we have lots of work to use what hindutva extremism will do against Indian Muslims against India

Come on man, enough with these Aman ki ASHA tamasha

Ramadan and Eid is coming up,, we have lots of work to use what hindutva extremism will do against Indian Muslims against India

There is no need for any hope for peace as the Pakistani Hindu community live peacefully within Pakistan and they are loyal citizens by large from what I know of. Maybe I am uninformed and they are a fifth column of India in Pakistan, however I highly doubt that and from what I have seen and know of, nothing points to that. Those communities have been living in Pakistan before India was a thing.

I think that you are misunderstanding what I am writing, I have only been talking about Pakistani Hindus. Quite frankly, it is evident for everyone that Hindutva-ruled India is a communal cesspool but India should not be used as any benchmark here. Pakistan and Pakistanis are much better than this.

apparently they were attacked for harassing girls with holi colours.

In such a case this changes the whole story but the main points remain the same.

There is no need for any hope for peace as the Pakistani Hindu community live peacefully within Pakistan and they are loyal citizens by large from what I know of. Maybe I am uninformed and they are a fifth column of India in Pakistan, however I highly doubt that and from what I have seen and know of, nothing points to that. Those communities have been living in Pakistan before India was a thing.

I think that you are misunderstanding what I am writing, I have only been talking about Pakistani Hindus. Quite frankly, it is evident for everyone that Hindutva-ruled India is a communal cesspool but India should not be used as any benchmark here. Pakistan and Pakistanis are much better than this.

In such a case this changes the whole story but the main points remain the same.
image muslim students celebrating Bakra eid in indian university. They would ve been slaughtered! But compared to what indian muslims are going thru in india on daily basis, this was a cake walk. If true, I do not support it. And its Pakistan's internal matter !

Non Muslims in Pakistan don't blow themselves up. They are patriots. The least you can do is keep them safe.

Holi is a festival of molestation

Shouldn't be allowed in universities
Have you been molested? Large gathering maybe. But if the setting is like universities with limited hindu students it should be safe.

Hindu students at Punjab University were attacked by Islami Jamiat Tulba (IJT) on Tuesday for celebrating their religious festival Holi with the permission of the administration at Punjab University’s new campus.

As a result, at least 15 students of the Hindu community were injured. Videos of the incident uploaded on social media show a group of IJT members thrashing the minority community members.

Other videos showed the security guards carrying batons and beating the students while they were running from the scene.

Sindh Council Secretary General Kashif Brohi said that 15 students from both the Hindu community and Sindh Council suffered injuries and moved away without celebrating the event, reports Dawn.

He said the IJT activists started hurling threats after students had posted invitations [Holi celebration] on their Facebook page.

On the contrary, IJT spokesperson Ibrahim Shahid told Dawn that they did not stop the Hindu community members from celebrating Holi. He said the attackers might have used their name but the IJT would ensure equality for minority community members to hold their religious events.

He claimed they were holding Dars-i-Quran on the campus and were not present there.

However, in the past, IJT was responsible for many attacks on students.

Activist Ammar Ali Jan, condemning the attack, said: “It reflects a deep sense of paranoia that stems from our need to expel impurities” from our own past.

He added that this sickness will continue unless we accept and celebrate the many histories and cultures that shape our country.”

These thugs should be disciplined. Every citizen of Pakistan has a right to practice their religion peacefully. I support the Hindu students over these extremists.

Non Muslims in Pakistan don't blow themselves up. They are patriots. The least you can do is keep them safe.
Good that you didn't call them kaffirs which is used in very derogatory way by your awam.

Holi is a festival of molestation

Shouldn't be allowed in universities

It's a religious festival, so, let's not offend (Pakistani) Hindus.

You are right insofar as you say that such activities (whether religious or not) should not be allowed in universities. But it's for the government/administration to put into place such a ban and enforce it. No group/organization has the right to impose their will by violence. There's absolutely no justification for what these unbridled Jamati goondas have done

It's a religious festival, so, let's not offend (Pakistani) Hindus.

You are right insofar as you say that such activities (whether religious or not) should not be allowed in universities. But it's for the government/administration to put into place such a ban and enforce it. No group/organization has the right to impose their will by violence. There's absolutely no justification for what these unbridled Jamati goondas have done

What exactly do Sindhi Pakistani Hindus have to do with whatever goes on in India? Pakistanis should be greater than the communal cesspool and the widespread caste slavery in India.

Those people are PAKISTANI citizens. What is the point of discriminating citizens based on religion? What is next, sect, ethnicity, region, language etc.?

YES, almost 97% of the population is Muslim and Pakistan is a Muslim country but if Muslim Caliphates, all the way back to the Rashidun, freaking 1400 years ago, were able to respect/protect their religious minorities, why should Pakistan not do the same in the year 2023?

Shameful.

I find many aspects of Hinduism to be absurd but I keep that for myself. According to the Pakistani constitution, educational institutions (universities in this case) cannot discriminate based on religion. There is freedom of religion in Pakistan too.

Students engaged in such practices should be arrested or at least made to stop such behaviors on campus.

Pakistani Hindus are a different breed from Indian ones. They are by large totally peaceful people. At least in Sindh. Don't know any other ones in Pakistan.

There is this stupid idea that every Hindu in the world is loyal/have favorable views/soft spot to India or that every Shia is loyal/have favorable views/soft spot to Iran. Yes, many are but far from everyone.

There have been Pakistani Hindu MARTYRS in conflicts/wars with India. Has Pakistan ever had any problems with its Hindu citizens? Not that I am aware of.

Hindutva hordes in India should not be the benchmark for Pakistan and Pakistanis.

I agree with you. However Muslims shouldn't be allowed to be part of this molestation fest that is called Holi. It is a festival for the molesters and by the molesters. Hindus want to do it. They should be allowed to take part in it

Don't want such kind of sick crap happening in Pakistan which is a norm in India

Back
Top Bottom