What's new

Deadly blasts hit Turkey border town of Reyhanli

Antakya Residents Angry over Turkish Government's support to Gunmen

Following the bloody bombings which hit al-Rihaniya in Turkey, residents of Antakya take to the streets everyday to express their rage and condemn Ankara support to the fighters of the Syrian opposition, shouting "we don’t want Jihadist killers in our city."

"All what we want now from the Turkish government is to abandon it support to the gunmen," AFP quoted Maher Mansouroglu, Spokesman of the Group Center for Hatay as saying.

The Group Center of Hatay brings together followers of Christians, Muslims, Left and the Nationalists.

"People here simply say they don’t want to see jihadists of long beards walk in our streets," Mansouroglu added.

"Those mass demonstrations are natural outcome of the Government policy... each time a real opportunity comes for dialogue, this kind of event takes place," an official in the Popular People's Party, one of the opposition parties in Turkey said.

"Erdogan is satisfied with just observing while a heinous attack has caused big losses for Turkey," one demonstrator said.

I think many around here can't relate to a pragmatic attitude. AKP is being pragmatic. However The current ministers have been there for too long and are beginning to foam around their mouths. It's time to replace them with fresh blood.

On the other hand I don't see any of the other political parties having the same drive as AKP, which is disheartening. Especially because more and more politicians seems to overstep themselves. Racist remarks and such.

One out of many reason for doing this is regime did this in order for the AKP to get bad reputation in Turkey
CHP or MHP never agreed on AKP's Syria policy. AKP acted alone and they didn't give a sh.t about others' opinions as usual.

Let me tell you what hypocrisy is; it starts where you're afraid to fight your own war, you negotiate with terrorists for that. But you aren't afraid at all to fight a proxy war without the people's consensus right other side of your border.

Supporting FSA was an honourless act, as was negotiating with PKK. We are suffering the consequences of pacifizing our own army and trusting in a bunch of killers.

CHP or MHP never agreed on AKP's Syria policy. AKP acted alone and they didn't give a sh.t about others' opinions as usual.

Let me tell you what hypocrisy is; it starts where you're afraid to fight your own war, you negotiate with terrorists for that. But you aren't afraid at all to fight a proxy war without the people's consensus right other side of your border.

Supporting FSA was an honourless act, as was negotiating with PKK. We are suffering the consequences of pacifizing our own army and trusting in a bunch of killers.

Just to point out Attacks also occured in Lebanon and Jordan even though the 2 countries did not support the opposition in any shape .

Erodogan was quite for more than a year and tried to help Assad at the start but after all the guy is a moron , there is not much anyone can do about it .

The worst part of all is that Assad for 8 years supported AlQauda against American forces in Iraq where he allowed thousands of foreign fighters to train in Syria and launch off to Iraq , Now these fighters are the majority of " Gubhet Al Nasra " group whom are fighting Assad regime Today.

Al Malki himself accused Assad regime of harbouring armed groups in 2009

Robert Fisk: Saddam revisited as Iraq accuses Syria of sheltering Baathist bombers - Robert Fisk - Commentators - The Independent

Nation & World | Iraq accuses Syria of harboring armed groups | Seattle Times Newspaper

Most of the weapons in the hands of Al-Nusra today were those supplied by Syrian regime before revolution and from bases they took over in Dier el Zor province , this is a large province bordering Iraq which Assad lost control over 7 month ago.

Rehyanli bombings would have taken place even if Erodogan sides with Assad or remained neutral .

The problem we have in Syria now is that there is no government now , its a war between Various warlords and Assad is just one of them , most of his forces today are composed of militia soldiers supplied by hizbullah and Iran .

Anyway its good Turkish Army did not get involved in the war and their intervension should be limited to creating a safe buffer zone in Syria once the regime falls or a solution is reached to move syrian refugees from Turkey into a zone inside Syria.

Just to point out Attacks also occured in Lebanon and Jordan even though the 2 countries did not support the opposition in any shape.

Rehyanli bombings would have taken place even if Erodogan sides with Assad or remained neutral.
We can't know that. Even if it was so, it doesn't make Erdo's actions any more right. He shouldn't support FSA, he shouldn't open our borders to them. It's a first in Turkish history. A "Turkish" leader pacifizes Turkish Armed Forces(which is an elite fighting force) by imprisoning key people in it and relies on common middle east rabble. He's the only one who's responsible for where we are now and the people of Reyhanlı have every damn right to be angry.

Al-nusra, who the fvck are they ulan? We've been fighting over one of the most mountainous areas in the region. Syria is just a desert, there's nowhere for them to hide. We could pick them up one by one from the air, burn the whole fvcking place if necessary.

In the aftermath of killing of protesters by Assad forces, remaining neutral was not the choice with Erdogan and AKP. They have to take side after Tunisia, Egypt and Libya and they made the right decision of supporting the anti Al-Assad forces.

The miscalculation Erdogan made was trusting US/UN/NATO in the wake of all out assault by Assad forces. USA& Israel would always prefer weaken Assad or any other secularist/Bathist who will accommodate Israeli interests in the region.

Keeping in mind the political turmoil in the region any future government in Syria would be more anti Israeli than the Bathist regime of Al-Assad so US would not take any decision until it fully safeguards the Israeli interest in the wake of regime change in Syria.

We can't know that. Even if it was so, it doesn't make Erdo's actions any more right. He shouldn't support FSA, he shouldn't open our borders to them. It's a first in Turkish history. A "Turkish" leader pacifizes Turkish Armed Forces(which is an elite fighting force) by imprisoning key people in it and relies on common middle east rabble. He's the only one who's responsible for where we are now and the people of Reyhanlı have every damn right to be angry.

Al-nusra, who the fvck are they ulan? We've been fighting over one of the most mountainous areas in the region. Syria is just a desert, there's nowhere for them to hide. We could pick them up one by one from the air, burn the whole fvcking place if necessary.

The problem in Syria you will not know who to exactly fight , this country is screwed up in sectarian division and multiple groups are fighting for various goals.

Al Nusra is a group related to Alqauda and currently occupy major Syrian army bases in various provinces.

If the American/Russian summit on Syria next month does not work then the country will be partitioned as neither Assad with Iranian support or the opposition capable to taking over the whole country .

This is not Just about toppling Assad , but how to deal with various ethnic groups now armed to the teeth .

If the Turkish Army was capable of handling Syrian Issue then they would have done it long ago , but again before entering Syria you need to have specific goals and an exit strategy , this is something neither Turkey or any other country has .

The best thing would be to set up a buffer zone and send Syria refugees there , the only good thing about this civil war is that Terorrists are killing each other. For the first Time Alqauda and Hizbullah are taking each other out and Iran wasting its limited resources on a country like Syria.

Anyway All your Foes right now are killing each other , that is another reason why you should grap some pop corn and watch them taking each other out .

@mahatir
My policy is, kill everyone with an AK. Because If armed groups survive they'll be a greater threat to Syria than Asad ever was. See the Libyan example you'll get my meaning. Extreme groups must be terminated in order to keep the common folk safe and functioning.
If the Turkish Army was capable of handling Syrian Issue then they would have done it long ago , but again before entering Syria you need to have specific goals and an exit strategy, this is something neither Turkey or any other country has.
This is a stupid assumption. What could Turkish army do with a prime minister who trusts FSA more than them? We don't run out of strategies. What we NEED is a leader who has balls to do whatever it takes to protect this country, who knows the armed forces and who doesn't have a stick up his azz from previous coups and who doesn't have a sectarian mindset. Finally we need a leader who's loyalties lie only with the Turkish Republic.
osman_pamukoglu43.jpg

Hint: you're looking at him.

The best thing would be to set up a buffer zone and send Syria refugees there , the only good thing about this civil war is that Terorrists are killing each other. For the first Time Alqauda and Hizbullah are taking each other out and Iran wasting its limited resources on a country like Syria.
The time to watch and do nothing has passed. Syrians aren't the only ones that are caught in the crossfire of these baboons. We were somehow dragged into this war, we might aswell fvcking win!

Last edited by a moderator:
@mahatir
My policy is, kill everyone with an AK. Because If armed groups survive they'll be a greater threat to Syria than Asad ever was. See the Libyan example you'll get my meaning. Extreme groups must be terminated in order to keep the common folk safe and functioning.
This is a stupid assumption. What could Turkish army do with a prime minister who trusts FSA more than them? We don't run out of strategies. What we NEED is a leader who has balls to do whatever it takes to protect this country, who knows the armed forces and who doesn't have a stick up his azz from previous coups and who doesn't have a sectarian mindset. Finally we need a leader who's loyalties lie only with the Turkish Republic.
osman_pamukoglu43.jpg

The time to watch and do nothing has passed. Syrians aren't the only ones that are caught in the crossfire of these baboons. We were somehow dragged into this war, we might aswell fvcking win!

We Just have to wait and see how the Russian/American summit will turn out , if it fails then simply syria will be partitioned .

@mahatir
osman_pamukoglu43.jpg

This guys party got 0.3% of the votes in 2011 , your serious he could change anything ?

No one can defeat AKP unless MHP and CHP unite and support one charismatic leader for 2014 presidential election .

This guys party got 0.3% of the votes in 2011 , your serious he could change anything ?

No one can defeat AKP unless MHP and CHP unite and support one charismatic leader for 2014 presidential election .
He can change everything. Kılıçtaroğlu isn't that charismatic leader, neither is Devlet Bahçeli. This man is the best choice we got.

I don't care if they got 0.3%, At the last elections, i voted for CHP and before that to MHP, forget ruling they are not even capable of being an opposition party.

We think like "If a gave my vote to a small party, my vote will be wasted because they well remain outside of the parliment"

But now i think like, i wasted my vote on non-capable parties before. They were in the parliment yet they were ineffective.

For this time i wil vote for HEPAR because they are true patriots, if they get 1 one vote that vote will be mine.

He can change everything. Kılıçtaroğlu isn't that charismatic leader, neither is Devlet Bahçeli. This man is the best choice we got.

Does he have enough coverage to be known to all Turkish people ? this is problem with politics without media coverage no one hears about you enough , although facebook and social media broke this trend , but still .

Anyway I agree with you nothing is better than having someone loyal to his nation before any other religion or ideology.

Does he have enough coverage to be known to all Turkish people ?

They don't give him media coverage at all :/ Only on small channels they cover him but most people don't watch those smaller channels.

Back
Top Bottom