What's new

Featured COAS is on official visit to Ukraine - ISPR

Pakistan Ka Beta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) visited a Military Test Site in Kharkiv region of Ukraine and witnessed field tests of various weapons and equipment, today.

COAS took keen interest in the tests and appreciated the performance of all ranks associated with the projects. COAS said that defence cooperation between both countries has always been traditionally an important component of our bilateral relations. Pakistan is keen to enhance defence cooperation with Ukraine on the basis of Transfer of Technology (ToT) and Joint Ventures (JVs) in future as both sides can benefit from each other's experience

Last edited:
It was oplot m in the first slide 😯
Why are we still viewing Oplots after VT4s?
Also the terms TOT and JV are interesting here..🤔
TOT and Joint venture for what?
UAV/UCAVs are also interesting to see

Last edited:
Why are we still viewing T80UDs after VT4s?
Yes I am stunned to see OPLOT. Although our prime focus should be on getting Engine Technology from them

Why are we still viewing T80UDs after VT4s?
Yes I am stunned to see OPLOT. Although our prime focus should be on getting Engine Technology from them
Dates almost coincides with visit of COAS to Russia as well ( 24 April 2018 ) . May be COAS will visit Russia after this . Soon .

My bet is that Ukrainians might be still pushing for Oplot and by TOT they would mean upgradation of our T80UDs in HIT, this would not only reduce its cost but may also help in its further sales in Pakistan. A win win for both sides. Or we might be interested in 1500 engines, although according to most sources PA is more than happy with the Chinese 1500 HP engine.
While Joint venture may be focused on UCAVs or wheeled IFVs/MRAPs. Who knows.

Last edited:
My bet is that Ukrainians might be still pushing for Oplot and by TOT they would mean upgradation of our T80UDs in HIT, this would not only reduce its cost but may also help in its further sales in Pakistan. A win win for both sides. Or we might be interested in 1500 engines, although according to most sources PA is more than happy with the Chinese 1500 HP engine.
While Joint venture may be focused on UCAVs or IFVs/MRAPs. Who knows.
Engine is the key. Although from video it looks like OPLOT M is one of the system they are marketing but if they are ready to give engine technology with it. Then it would be game changer for us.

First thing I could recall is quoted below
"DS The first contracts in the military-technical sphere between Pakistan and Ukraine were signed back in 1996, in particular, a tank contract. Does cooperation with Ukraine continue now?

A.A. The defense sector was one of the main areas of cooperation between Pakistan and Ukraine. This involved the purchase of heavy equipment and its maintenance (in particular, the tanks "Al Khalid"). Recently, mutual visits of the defense ministers of Pakistan and Ukraine were held. A few months ago, an agreement was signed on the joint production of engines for the Al-Kalhid tank and military helicopters. All production will be carried out on the Pakistani territory. Today at the final stage of testing and evaluation is an agreement on the purchase of the Ukrainian battle tank "Oplot". And in case of its signing, Pakistan will purchase more than one hundred units of this equipment at the Kharkov plant "Malyshev Plant".

[LINK: CLICK HERE]

If I remember correctly there was also an agreement or just MOU signed last year year before last years related to ATGMs and other munitions

I wish we had done this years ago!
First thing I could recall is quoted below
"DS The first contracts in the military-technical sphere between Pakistan and Ukraine were signed back in 1996, in particular, a tank contract. Does cooperation with Ukraine continue now?

A.A. The defense sector was one of the main areas of cooperation between Pakistan and Ukraine. This involved the purchase of heavy equipment and its maintenance (in particular, the tanks "Al Khalid"). Recently, mutual visits of the defense ministers of Pakistan and Ukraine were held. A few months ago, an agreement was signed on the joint production of engines for the Al-Kalhid tank and military helicopters. All production will be carried out on the Pakistani territory. Today at the final stage of testing and evaluation is an agreement on the purchase of the Ukrainian battle tank "Oplot". And in case of its signing, Pakistan will purchase more than one hundred units of this equipment at the Kharkov plant "Malyshev Plant".

[LINK: CLICK HERE]

If I remember correctly there was also an agreement or just MOU signed last year year before last years related to ATGMs and other munitions
=============

There was armored vehicles, already tested Tanks. There were ATGM's and drones. But if military Helo Engines is being discussed then I assume we are doing it as in partnership with Turkey? Beecausee Turkey is going to work on Helo engines for their helicopters and we need those helos!

There was armored vehicles, already tested Tanks. There were ATGM's and drones. But if military Helo Engines is being discussed then I assume we are doing it as in partnership with Turkey? Beecausee Turkey is going to work on Helo engines for their helicopters and we need those helos!
As far as I know

- This is the only (Official) source who commented about negotiation for TOT of Helicopter engines, no further detail about any development related to this project in in my knowledge

- Turkey enter in negotiation with Ukraine for JV of helicopter engine separately Pakistan is not a party in their negotiation.

The Oplot stuff might be related to upgrading our existing T-80UD tanks to this standard (or perhaps applying only some of the oplot upgrades to T-80UD ) rather than buying new tanks.

What's the new upgrade expecting for the T80 series ... Equipment field test been shown to him ... what's new expected from Ukraine ..

What do oplots run on? Martian tech or engines?
Let say if you buy OPOLOT M with TOT. Will they allowed you to completely manufacture engines in Pakistan. No they won't. What I am trying to say if you somehow can only get engine technology that is worth it.

The uncles are at it again 🙄
Why not get Turkish subsystems?
They offered a package for Al Khalid II.
Or start making key susbsystems at home? And get engines from Ukraine?

Let say if you buy OPOLOT M with TOT. Will they allowed you to completely manufacture engines in Pakistan. No they won't. What I am trying to say if you somehow can only get engine technology that is worth it.

it is a possibility, it probably is engine. hard to say Pak Army will go for another new tank when VT4 is just inducted besides Al-Khalid series.
if something is related to tanks, it may new systems for Al-Khalid 2.

Back
Top Bottom