What's new

China hit by surge in Belt and Road bad loans, $78bn renegotiated or written off in past 3 years

@Finer

I have already proposed a solution for very long. Pak and all other countries affected by PRCs predatory practises must confiscate all assets built under the various scams (BRI, CPEC etc) and repudiate all debt and capacity payments. That by itself will take care of Pak's current liquidity mess.

Regards
Yeah, all those countries should gather to invade India and then occupy the la la land for the better end, you fools deserve to be kicked out, lol.

LOl, that what western media wants you to believe, come to China and find out what we Chinese people think.

In China's context, what the general Chinese populace thinks, means jackshit! Why are the huge defence capabilities being built by Dictator Xi? For air shows and parades? I like general Chinese people. They're hard working and tenacious. It's the CCP's policies that is making China a ghetto.

If you can't trust the government, whom can you trust? Also, when there is a change in government, the new government can expose the lies of previous government. Isn't there an Auditor General of Pakistan?

You are either acting or being really naive. In context of Pakistan, the military establishment is involved with these secret deals from get go. And you think they'll allow any political party to expose these secrets? Look what they did to Imran Khan.

There is a reason why higher than Himalayas friend Pakistanis have also started to speak against these loans. Don't get fooled by these 2% nonsense. Why do you think the electricity bills have suddenly done a pole volt?

Last edited:
I did not say that the Chinese wanted Pakistan to stop taking aid from the US. I merely explained that the Chinese wanted to 'match' the amount of aid.

Actually, not just Pakistan.

If you look at most countries' debt, a big percentage of it is to Western countries.

And China is not among the biggest as well.

It's the media propaganda that China is drowning these countries with debt.

If China is no longer giving a loan, the West will.

But the media will be silent about it.

I don't think that China is ever thinking they are in direct competition and will match up against US in Pakistan or any other countries. Where you get this kind story. It's not Chinese mindset to match US. Seriously, when was the last time US give any significant aid to Pakistan ?

True!

It's USA that created the narrative USA bloc vs China bloc... the Cold War 2.0.

While no one is actually thinking about it, not even China.

Yes, USA and China decoupling is in motion, just prepare for Cold War 2.0.

And maybe WW3.

@Finer

I have already proposed a solution for very long. Pak and all other countries affected by PRCs predatory practises must confiscate all assets built under the various scams (BRI, CPEC etc) and repudiate all debt and capacity payments. That by itself will take care of Pak's current liquidity mess.

Regards

Lol

According to math...

I prefer not to pay the Western loan, as it's the biggest.

It solves more than tiny loan of China.

Last edited:
The surge in bad loans within China's Belt and Road Initiative is indicative of the complexities involved in such ambitious global infrastructure projects. It underscores the importance of thorough risk assessment and due diligence when engaging in large-scale lending and investment on an international scale.

While the BRI has the potential to bring about significant economic development and connectivity, it also exposes China and its partner countries to financial risks. The renegotiation and write-off of loans, especially at the scale mentioned in the article, can strain economic relations between China and the participating countries.

The article's mention of China providing "rescue loans" to prevent sovereign defaults raises questions about the long-term sustainability of these projects and their impact on the borrowing countries' economies. It highlights the need for transparency and clear terms in lending agreements.

Additionally, the accusation of China blocking debt restructuring negotiations is concerning, as it can further complicate the resolution of financial challenges faced by borrowing countries.

Ultimately, the BRI represents a significant geopolitical and economic endeavor with both opportunities and risks. It serves as a reminder of the importance of responsible lending, risk management, and international cooperation in ensuring the success and sustainability of large-scale infrastructure projects on a global scale.

In China's context, what the general Chinese populace thinks, means jackshit! Why are the huge defence capabilities being built by Dictator Xi? For air shows and parades? I like general Chinese people. They're hard working and tenacious. It's the CCP's policies that is making China a ghetto.
And Chinese hate you Indians including your Modi mafia gov for being haters and enemies of China. And your mafia Modi gov ever cares or gives a shit for the many large protests happening all the time or the thinking of you slave Indians.

Last edited:
You are either acting or being really naive. In context of Pakistan, the military establishment is involved with these secret deals from get go. And you think they'll allow any political party to expose these secrets? Look what they did to Imran Khan.
Pakistan military is not made of 12-foot men. Someone will find it beneficial to leak some bad stuff, write a tell all book and retire somewhere with his Pizza franchise. if power plant contracts are so top secret, how does all the details of the nukes get out?

Anyone who thinks US giving free monies these days are crazy. US goes everywhere to talk about securities, meanwhile China is talking about massive investiments.

G20 has became a security summit and club for war mongers. While Chinese influenced BRICS, Shanghai Cooperation is becoming a summit for investment.

China has been giving lots of stealth aids to Pakistan. So why you think Pak align to China? -- for free?

Western media fears to report it, but instead twisting the fact to:

Investment == debt trap, economic and political control

Securities == prosperity (despite it doesn't say when it will happen)

But if the opposite is happening...

USA investment == prosperity and world peace

China securities == warmonger!!!

The danger of Chinese investment... but it says none toward USA investment in stock market that will bubbling the market price, take profit, and then the bubble brush

The danger of Chinese products... but it says nothing toward USA and Japanese products who monopolize the entire market.

The danger of Chinese workers... but it's silent over many expats who live lavishly like princes.

Mind control over public opinion is super awesome!

And Chinese hate you Indians including your Modi mafia gov for being haters and enemies of China.

Doesn't contain any substance demanding a response. However, I will put up a disclaimer here:

I don't hate the Chinese for any reason whatsoever. In fact, I have always admired their tenacity and applauded many of their achievements and some of their domestic policies (including Xinjiang). But that will not deter me from saying what I've observed in CCP's duplicitous policies.

The surge in bad loans within China's Belt and Road Initiative is indicative of the complexities involved in such ambitious global infrastructure projects. It underscores the importance of thorough risk assessment and due diligence when engaging in large-scale lending and investment on an international scale.

While the BRI has the potential to bring about significant economic development and connectivity, it also exposes China and its partner countries to financial risks. The renegotiation and write-off of loans, especially at the scale mentioned in the article, can strain economic relations between China and the participating countries.

The article's mention of China providing "rescue loans" to prevent sovereign defaults raises questions about the long-term sustainability of these projects and their impact on the borrowing countries' economies. It highlights the need for transparency and clear terms in lending agreements.

Additionally, the accusation of China blocking debt restructuring negotiations is concerning, as it can further complicate the resolution of financial challenges faced by borrowing countries.

Ultimately, the BRI represents a significant geopolitical and economic endeavor with both opportunities and risks. It serves as a reminder of the importance of responsible lending, risk management, and international cooperation in ensuring the success and sustainability of large-scale infrastructure projects on a global scale.
Most likely that is what has happened. A series of poorly thought-out prestige projects without serious economic analysis were built and are unable to earn enough revenue to pay back the loans. So, recriminations start, and China becomes the immediate villain.

But that will not deter me from saying what I've observed in CCP's duplicitous policies.
OK, I will bite. List me 10 (duplicitous policies of CCP).

Pakistan military is not made of 12-foot men. Someone will find it beneficial to leak some bad stuff, write a tell all book and retire somewhere with his Pizza franchise. if power plant contracts are so top secret, how does all the details of the nukes get out?

Someone may find it beneficial. Well, that's a shot in the dark and one shall have to wait till it hits some target, if at all.

Then why China hasn't fired a single shot to a foreign country for 4 decades while US has always been busy fighting wars around the world? US population are all trigger happy?
turning China into a ghetto? come to China and check out how China infras comparing to India and US and say which countries are more like a ghetto.

There is a reason why higher than Himalayas friend Pakistanis have also started to speak against these loans. Don't get fooled by these 2% nonsense. Why do you think the electricity bills have suddenly done a pole volt?
MTXX_MH20230823_025044499.jpg

It's the easy loan that makes BRI very attractive, as most developing countries need it.

BRI loan is just a small portion of the total debt by most developing countries.

But yes, when it's time to pay back... That is always the problem for any debt.

Doesn't contain any substance demanding a response. However, I will put up a disclaimer here:

I don't hate the Chinese for any reason whatsoever. In fact, I have always admired their tenacity and applauded many of their achievements and some of their domestic policies (including Xinjiang). But that will not deter me from saying what I've observed in CCP's duplicitous policies.

I don't know why so many people hate so much about CCP, the emperor Xi.

It's the best government in the world right now, far above the world average.

Just look at the people's satisfaction rating.

In my opinion it's among the most competent and responsible governments in the world right now, far above the-soon-will-be-kicked-out-and-replaced-government-in-the-next-public-election.

But I guess you probably don't know anything about CCP except from rumors and gossip.

Last edited:
Then why China hasn't fired a single shot to a foreign country for 4 decades while US has always been busy fighting wars around the world? US population are all trigger happy?
turning China into a ghetto? come to China and check out how China infras comparing to India and US and say which countries are more like a ghetto.
because world policeman america thats why

why do u chinese think ur azn neighbors all align with america, incl pakistan

Ghetto meaning in the international context. Rarely accessible to other countries, even friendlier ones. Like living in an island.

Well the blame for any future wars will not fall on China only, but greatly on the US too. That I'm aware of. I believe that China is trying to avoid such bigger confrontation for obvious reasons. But to say the CCP doesn't percieve a highly probable future war at all, is just hypocritical.

And it doesn't absolve CCP of the bullying of its smaller neighbours for a 2000 years old map too.

Back
Top Bottom