What's new

China hit by surge in Belt and Road bad loans, $78bn renegotiated or written off in past 3 years

Do you know the terms? Since everyone says the terms are secret, how can anyone say for certain that it is 'outrageous'?

The outrageous part is you still need to pay back the loan.

There's an alternative, the IMF.

There's no load as easy as China loan, as long as it's in the form of infrastructure.

Pakistan should work hard.

Pakistan can always borrow money from everywhere whenever they want, whatever it's from IMF, World Bank, BRI, etc.

But that is not a good solution.

Seriously, this is the reality, there's no other good solution except to get serious and work harder.

I also hope Pakistan economy will improve significantly and the people live happily.

LOl, that what western media wants you to believe, come to China and find out what we Chinese people think.
I don't believe in medias. If anything, media will tell you otherwise. No one will tell you that they are preparing for wars. They don't want panic in society. But those who read the signs and learn the history should be better informed about what to expect.

China should really stop lending money to those countries which would never pay China back. 人傻,钱多。

Screen-Shot-2019-04-29-at-8.53.17-AM.png
微信图片_20230912114000.png

China-Africa-Loans-Write-off.jpg

STUPID CHINA

View attachment 952895

I am getting a feeling that China is not defending its reputation well. By not rebuffing all the invented 'facts' about usurious rates, not writing off distressed loans etc., China may be suffering unnecessary loss of goodwill and appearing as a bully. I think China should fight back with some facts.

WW3 is inevitable and that is why the sides are being chosen. For that reason alone, Pakistan and Russia burned with their old animosity and started afresh with each other purely for WW3 - not for economic reasons.

Pakistan economic growth may start after WW3 - not before. All the preparations are set on world war 3 so I doubt there is any room for economic growth at this moment.

If you see the signs of inflations with growing taxes and whatnot, that is usually signs of preparing for the wars but they tell you not. History is there to learn from it and why.

I do see the chain reaction of cause and effect is rolling toward WW3.

Yes, I understand what you are saying.

Inflation and rising taxes are happening, including in Indonesia.

I know it's hard, but don't lose hope, I hope we can fix the world without all the horrors.

I am getting a feeling that China is not defending its reputation well. By not rebuffing all the invented 'facts' about usurious rates, not writing off distressed loans etc., China may be suffering unnecessary loss of goodwill and appearing as a bully. I think China should fight back with some facts.
On Chinese social media the general public appeal the government leaders to stop going to foreign countries to 撒钱 (scatter money), hopefully the government will heed and listen to the public voice.

I do see the chain reaction of cause and effect is rolling toward WW3.

Yes, I understand what you are saying.

Inflation and rising taxes are happening, including in Indonesia.

I know it's hard, but don't lose hope, I hope we can fix the world without all the horrors.
Better worlds are borne after the wars - not before unfortunately. Think of war as reset or default setting. Back to zero.

China-Africa-Loans-Write-off.jpg

STUPID CHINA

View attachment 952895
View attachment 952897
Quite a few years ago, in a high level meeting, the Chinese wanted to know how much the US was providing in AID to Pakistan yearly with the intention to match it. When the figures were shared, our Chinese friends literally could not believe. Suffice to say that they realized they could never match the kind of aid the US provides to other countries. And this was at a time when CSF was negligible.

When the Chinese write of debt in their books, they acquire collateral which much reflect in some other ledger which either you may not have or may not have shared. The Chinese are NEVER at a loss!

On Chinese social media the general public appeal the government leaders to stop going to foreign countries to 撒钱 (scatter money), hopefully the government will heed and listen to the public voice.

Yes, it's better to use the money to build the countryside instead.

But China economy will not be growing if the world is not growing.

That is the mutual benefit of economy and trading.

You will not get enough coffee to drink if the coffee producer country is not producing much coffee, and they will also not able to get enough smartphones if you are not producing that much as well.

Quite a few years ago, in a high level meeting, the Chinese wanted to know how much the US was providing in AID to Pakistan yearly with the intention to match it. When the figures were shared, our Chinese friends literally could not believe. Suffice to say that they realized they could never match the kind of aid the US provides to other countries. And this was at a time when CSF was negligible.

When the Chinese write of debt in their books, they acquire collateral which much reflect in some other ledger which either you may not have or may not have shared. The Chinese are NEVER at a loss!
I don't know where you get this information, but again, China never tries to stop Pakistan from getting aids from US, I don't know what you bring up this story for? China is never in a competition mode with anyone and never has that hegemonic mindset like the western powers.

I don't trust anything Pakistan government says. They take collection and leave debt on the nation.
If you can't trust the government, whom can you trust? Also, when there is a change in government, the new government can expose the lies of previous government. Isn't there an Auditor General of Pakistan?

China should really stop lending money to those countries which would never pay China back. 人傻,钱多。

View attachment 952901View attachment 952902
This is very old data. Since then, Pakistan has also joined the list.

But it is only Chinese loans that keeps BRI running. If Chinese loans stop, then CPEC and other BRI projects are dead.

"Yes Mr president xi sir

I would be happy to loan Angola 21 billion dollars. Great idea sir."

- now deposed banker in china

Back
Top Bottom