What's new

China hit by surge in Belt and Road bad loans, $78bn renegotiated or written off in past 3 years

Ghetto meaning in the international context. Rarely accessible to other countries, even friendlier ones. Like living in an island.

Well the blame for any future wars will not fall on China only, but greatly on the US too. That I'm aware of. I believe that China is trying to avoid such bigger confrontation for obvious reasons. But to say the CCP doesn't percieve a highly probable future war at all, is just hypocritical.

And it doesn't absolve CCP of the bullying of its smaller neighbours for a 2000 years old map too.
What you Indians know about the true history of East Asia let alone you people are ignorant about China-India border history.

Ghetto meaning in the international context. Rarely accessible to other countries, even friendlier ones. Like living in an island.
Living in an island? it's you always living under a rock, China has 170 million people travel around the world each year, the world most by a large margin, how about you Indians?

微信图片_20230912142652.png

Well the blame for any future wars will not fall on China only, but greatly on the US too. That I'm aware of. I believe that China is trying to avoid such bigger confrontation for obvious reasons. But to say the CCP doesn't percieve a highly probable future war at all, is just hypocritical.

And it doesn't absolve CCP of the bullying of its smaller neighbours for a 2000 years old map too.
MTXX_MH20230823_025455059.jpg

China hit by surge in Belt and Road bad loans, $78bn renegotiated or written off in past 3 years

Apr 17, 2023 09:33 AM +05:30 IST

Bad loans worth over $78 billion have hit China's $1 trillion Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) infrastructure finance programme in the past three years.

China's scheme had turned it into the top bilateral creditor, but it seems to have now become a financial burden for Beijing and its largest banks.

Chinese institutions re-negotiated or wrote off about $78.5 billion in loans for infrastructure projects such as roads, railways, ports, and airports globally between 2020 and March 2021, says the research organisation, Rhodium Group.

Rhodium recorded $17 billion in re-negotiations and write-offs in 2017-2019, which is now surpassed as companies' re-negotiated debts worth over $70 billion.

The total scale of BRI lending over the past decade is not officially known. However, AidData's Brad Parks estimates it at around $1 trillion.

Beijing has provided significant "rescue loans" to over 150 countries participating in the BRI, to prevent large borrowers from experiencing sovereign defaults.

A recent study by AidData, World Bank, Harvard Kennedy School, and Kiel Institute for the World Economy has revealed that sovereign bailouts to developing countries amounted to $104 billion between 2019 and end of 2021. For the longer timeframe between 2000 and 2021, the total stands at $240 billion.

BRI borrower countries are facing insolvency due to global growth slowdown, rising interest rates, and high debt levels. China has been accused of blocking debt restructuring negotiations by western creditors of these struggling countries.

BRI re-negotiations and write-offs reduced in 2022 after a surge in 2020-2021 due to the pandemic. Experts, however, suggest that this doesn't imply any enhancement in China's loan book's inherent quality.

The signs were visible early on, as early as 2019, but back then, no one was able to factor in the pandemic and the economic crisis in the small economies, due to the Russia-Ukraine war.

That’s expected for loan sharks. Ccp can write off $500 billion or minimum 50 percent of loans.

That’s expected for loan sharks. Ccp can write off $500 billion or minimum 50 percent of loans.
And you Vietnamese won't get a shit cent of it, I can assure you.

And you Vietnamese won't get a shit cent of it, I can assure you.
Ccp earned enough money with the silkroad scam. Easy for Xi and his comrades to write off the bad loans.
I have sympathy for countries in distress. Laos, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Venezuela. Montenegro, lots of other they can never pay back their debts. Impossible. Not even in 100 years. You can’t demand them to go hungry so they continue to feed fat cows in China.

Living in an island? it's you always living under a rock, China has 170 million people travel around the world each year, the world most by a large margin, how about you Indians?

View attachment 952962

Why do you have to bring India in the thread when the two countries are not economically comparable. India is inferior economically, I agree. You open another thread to discuss India's fallacies, I'll gladly join in. But avoid these whataboutisms.

If you do want to compare, compare your inbound travellers with that of even a miniscule countries like Spain, Hungary, Mexico etc and you will see what was I implying.

Ccp earned enough money with the silkroad scam. Easy for Xi and his comrades to write off the bad loans.
I have sympathy for countries in distress. Laos, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Venezuela. Montenegro, lots of other they can never pay back their debts. Impossible. Not even in 100 years. You can’t demand them to go hungry so they continue to feed fat cows in China.
You sleazy jealousy Vietnamese can come up all the BS and slandering of BRI you want, but you Viets' opinions as Indians' don't count a shit. China doesn't owe you lazy and greedy people in foreign countries a shit, don't expect China to be a Santa Claus.

Last edited:
What you Indians know about the true history of East Asia let alone you people are ignorant about China-India border history.

That was the exact response I was hoping for. "I know it all and the rest all are jackshit" attitude! Adios....

@Viet bro

Ccp can write off $500 billion or minimum 50 percent of loans.

Lets hope it is 100%, Inshallah! Not that Comrade Eleven will be bearing the cost. It will be confiscated from the savings accounts of slave labourers like etylo and beijingwalker

Regards

Why do you have to bring India in the thread when the two countries are not economically comparable. India is inferior economically, I agree. You open another thread to discuss India's fallacies, I'll gladly join in. But avoid these whataboutisms.

If you do want to compare, compare your inbound travellers with that of even a miniscule countries like Spain, Hungary, Mexico etc and you will see what was I implying.
Why you Indians never look yourself in a mirror before trolling others?

@Viet bro

Lets hope it is 100%, Inshallah! Not that Comrade Eleven will be bearing the cost. It will be confiscated from the savings accounts of slave labourers like etylo and beijingwalker

Regards
Not all but for some countries yes
standard practice between lenders, borrowers when the latter unable to pay back under reasonable circumstances.
I think China can write off all Pakistan debts.

@Viet bro

Regards
You Indian fools will be made slaves to work to pay for the loans.

OK, I will bite. List me 10 (duplicitous policies of CCP).

You don't have to bite, if it's that hard for you.

It's like you haven't even heard about cultural revolution, Great leap forward, one child policies and its way of implementation, South China Sea hegemony, intellectual property theft, loan sharkism, economics coercion, violation of WTO norms, Illegal trimming of its own corporations, Xi's undoing of institutional reforms, putting CCP thugs in every corporate boardrooms, their role in current predicament of China. Leave it, I don't want to move this discussion ahead any more.

Back
Top Bottom