What's new

Bangladesh goes one step forward

Lol! They say success has a million fathers, while defeat is an orphan.

I wonder where you were during the bad times?:-)

Everything Bd is, is credit to our own hard work buddy. Our forex reserves, remittances, garments industry and general work ethic have been around for years.

AND most importantly, as a nation we value education and development.

We get you guys out of your worse time. DO you forget.

You will remember me if by chance BD becomes a Islamic country like pakistan.

I think now BD should invest heavily into its security other than Education & Research and Health Care. I have heard from some member that BAF is interested in getting all of the 80+ MiG-29s which are at present in the IAF at a cheaper rates; as there is a good possibility that IAF might going to procure MiG-35s in near future.

Although more MiG-29s with upgrades are in plan to arrive from Russia or other operators to BAF.

I think now BD should invest heavily into its security other than Education & Research and Health Care. I have heard from some member that BAF is interested in getting all of the 80+ MiG-29s which are at present in the IAF at a cheaper rates; as there is a good possibility that IAF might going to procure MiG-35s in near future.

Although more MiG-29s with upgrades are in plan to arrive from Russia or other operators to BAF.

Good call but If memory serves right - the local Mig-29's were sent to Ukraine for mid-life engine overhaul and upgrade to Mig-29 SMT standard and most have been upgraded.

It would be baffling to me if the Bangladesh Airforce is indeed planning to take up these vintage Indian Mig-29's because they would need to be upgraded and overhauled anyway.

Good call but If memory serves right - the local Mig-29's were sent to Ukraine for mid-life engine overhaul and upgrade to Mig-29 SMT standard and most have been upgraded.

It would be baffling to me if the Bangladesh Airforce is indeed planning to take up these vintage Indian Mig-29's because they would need to be upgraded and overhauled anyway.
All of them have been upgraded in Russia.

Bangladesh doesn't even have BVR capabilities

Maintaining an airforce specially the missiles come with them are very expensive. It is still a long way to go before we could decide on some decent squadron filled with 4++ fighters.

Every country in Asia has massive infrastructure projects on paper, you clown. The difference is ours are actually breaking ground. Yours are not even finalised conceptually. And what is the deal with this bridge? It's just a bridge.

What I see is despite your slave labour econony, the FDI and foreign expertise is not there to take you towards the next step. I don't blame them either with all those islamist nut jobs waiting for their chance.

It's telling that being classed with the likes of us and Tajikistan is cause for celebration.

Haha BD tosses construction monkeys, plantation coolies and housemaids to all corners of the world like turds on a wall. You even pay Burmese to smuggle you to Malaysia. We have a few million expats at most living abroad. 100 million?:rofl: Silly little coolie.
its sounds cocky when you have to sell your resource for living...bye the way, how you guys achieved gdp growth over 7, whats industrial progress going on there in your over developed country? just asking

and to all Bangladeshi friends, why you guys are arguing with a juvenile soul over bd economic development ! even my hometown Sonargaon thana is more industrialized than that myanmar or burma or whatever they called it...

My friend, no one does any favours in geo politics, you gained as much as we did at that time. Nonetheless, personally I have a positive outlook towards India from it. But to take credit for our efforts to this day is laughable.

Bangladeshis from all over the world send money to Bd - a major source of our income - will India take credit for that too?

Ps. I am the no 1 critic of mullahs - please don't jinx us. I pray that day never arrives, where mullahs will trample over our good nature.

Interesting!

So how are the Thais and Singaporeans doing business with them? There are a large number of Myanmarese expats and businessmen in Singapore from what I have seen.

Majority of our trade business are done with greenbacks.

This simply applies to any USD transaction that goes through New York. Doing otherwise becomes as a case of money laundering.
US Fines German Bank US$1Bn for Doing Business with Cuba | News | teleSUR English
Japanese bank fined for violating US sanctions on Iran and Myanmar - Australia Network News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

They can technically conduct such trade transactions in other currencies like SGD or INR.

Another thing they can do is just regular buying and selling of the merchandise they'd like to sell overseas. But, that doesn't enable much growth. Trade financing is a big thing for a reason.

No Bangladeshi bank would risk business with a Burmese bank until the Americans remove that regulatory barrier.

They should have.....

The latest versions of F-7 supplied to the BAF has capability of integrating SD-10 (Chinese AMRAAM) using latest Chinese radar supplied with it (I forget the number but it is equivalent to the latest GRIFO model PAC Kamra makes). We all know that SD-10 is a BVR missile (JF-17 has capability to use it as a primary weapon).

Theoretically Bangladeshi F-7's can carry and fire the SD-10's in inboard pylons. Whether they actually have it remains open to question and is closely guarded in secrecy. SD-10's can't be _that_ expensive to buy and maintain...

Majority of our trade business are done with greenbacks.

This simply applies to any USD transaction that goes through New York. Doing otherwise becomes as a case of money laundering.
US Fines German Bank US$1Bn for Doing Business with Cuba | News | teleSUR English
Japanese bank fined for violating US sanctions on Iran and Myanmar - Australia Network News - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

They can technically conduct such trade transactions in other currencies like SGD or INR.

Another thing they can do is just regular buying and selling of the merchandise they'd like to sell overseas. But, that doesn't enable much growth. Trade financing is a big thing for a reason.

No Bangladeshi bank would risk business with a Burmese bank until the Americans remove that regulatory barrier.

Very true. Those silly sanctions on our banks in turn with our crazy capital controls are a real hindrance. That we are powering through regardless is a testament our potential.

Indians were a force of convenience . In return Indians stole everything that wasn't attached to a foundation on the ground.

Giving gene is not found in the Indians.

Last edited:
The latest versions of F-7 supplied to the BAF has capability of integrating SD-10 (Chinese AMRAAM) using latest Chinese radar supplied with it (I forget the number but it is equivalent to the latest GRIFO model PAC Kamra makes). We all know that SD-10 is a BVR missile (JF-17 has capability to use it as a primary weapon).

Theoretically Bangladeshi F-7's can carry and fire the SD-10's in inboard pylons. Whether they actually have it remains open to question and is closely guarded in secrecy. SD-10's can't be _that_ expensive to buy and maintain...

The F-7BGI models made for Bangladesh (the last of the F-7's off the production line until it ceased in 2013) use the most advanced avionics suite ever offered on an F-7 (and much better than F-7PG/BG), such as,
  • Full Glass Cockpit with 3 Multi functional HUD displays and HOTAS.
Possible-cockpit-of-F-7-BGI-aircraft.jpg

• Chinese Helmet Mounted Sights (probably TK-11).
20131222-111243.jpg

• F-7 BGI can reportedly launch the 70–75 km range near-BVR PL-12, PL-11 and also WVR missiles like PL-2, PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550 and AIM-9.
  • The SD-10 and PL-12 are the same missile, and are China's equivalent to the AMRAAM. This weapon is in sizing and configuration very similar to the AIM-120A, but employs a unique tail planform. Equipped with an active radar seeker and datalink aided inertial midcourse guidance, this missile is a credible player against the AMRAAM and R-77 series. The indigenous AMR-1 active seeker is identified with the PL-12, and numerous reports exist claiming that it is a derivative of the Russian Agat 9B-1348E seeker package used in the R-77 series (themselves copies of the AMRAAM - jokingly called AMRAAMski). The SD-10/PL-12 missile is widely credited with superior range performance to the AIM-120A-C variants. As we all know the SD-10 is a standard weapon for the JF-17. But whether Bangladesh equips its F-7BGI with it is not yet confirmed.
  • F-7 is equipped with KLJ-6F Fire control Radar that has 86 km+ Range and is a near-BVR radar that can track 6 and engage 2 enemy aircraft simultaneously. Made by 14th Institute (NRIET). This is supposedly 'developed' from the Italian FIAR license-built version of the Israeli-designed Elta EL/M-2001B radar.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom