What's new

Bangladesh on track to become upper-middle income country: WB envoy

Can you prove it, brother?

What proof do you want? That majority of your poeple don't live in overcrowded slums?

This Water Project claims more than half the population don't have access to safe clean drinking water near

It's a good bet half of them are poor despite what the BD government claims. I also stumbled across a WB report that claimed Bangladesh will become middle income country in 2021.

I'm starting to question the World Bank as a legit source.

1 in 10 people is roughly 10% compared to Bangladesh's nearly 50% if not more.

There is no robust evidence Bangladesh's GDP per capita is higher than Pakistan. But there is robust evidence the stats are fake and sourced to the Bangladeshi government.

Since you mentioned shame, why would you compare yourself to a country you buy products from, where your people went to study, even though not as much anymore. Where your people migrate to illegally rather than stay back and enjoy your economic 'superiority.'

These threads are only full of empty claims, no evidence. Most of these stats are rubbish and usually contradicted.

"GDP is an indicator of a society’s standard of living, but it is only a rough indicator because it does not directly account for leisure, environmental quality, levels of health and education, activities conducted outside the market, changes in inequality of income, increases in variety, increases in technology, or the—positive or negative—value that society may place on certain types of output."

Lol Bangladesh’s GDP is not higher than Pakistan? Dude your PM is moving from one country to another with begging bowl and you are posting these delusional claims?

Bangladesh’s per capita gdp is not only ahead of Pakistan but almost double.

No one can fake PPP data even on that ground Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan:

Bangladesh: $7395
Pakistan: : $6437

If you still believe the data are fake contact World Bank about it with evidence:

Regarding water crisis I have shared same data source for both Pakistan and Bangladesh where it has shown the problem is more acutely in Pakistan.

If you want to compare do it with same source.

Bangladesh:

Pakistan:

If Bangladeshis are going to Europe illegally isn’t it certain as Europe’s per capita gdp is $35000 way higher than Bangladesh?

But we are comparing here Bangladesh with lagged behind Pakistan!

There are no comparison between the two.

Lol Bangladesh’s GDP is not higher than Pakistan? Dude your PM is moving from one country to another with begging bowl and you are posting these delusional claims?

Bangladesh's GDP is higher than Pakistan's. It's higher than Finland's the last time I checked. It's higher than New Zealand's the last time I checked.

The unemployment rate is apparently lower than New Zealand's, but who knows....

The "begging bowl" is the funniest part, considering BD probably got more handouts compared to Pakistan over the decades. Yet in-spite of all that, you lot are living in extreme poverty.

And also probably the most overcrowded, dirtiest country. Forgive me.

Your folks would prefer living in our country, rich or poor. I mean BD women work as housemaids for Pakistanis. We've had a BD employee work for my father's office. Another worked as our housekeeper. They came in the 80s.

Another housekeeper, Kamal, working for my grandmother and uncle came I don't know when, but he was employed by them in 2002. His wife was also Bangladeshi if I'm not mistaken.

My mother's relatives have a Bangladeshi house maid. Her neighborhood friend Rekkhah who is from Thailand had an underage housemaid also in 2002.

She entered the country illegally apparently.

Just because they're not properly documented doesn't mean they don't exist. The sources I posted seem to be accurate in estimating that at least over two million of them are in Karachi.

Last edited:
Also from World Bank https://documents1.worldbank.org/cu...ill-it-take-in-terms-of-poverty-reduction.pdf

Are they serious? I am starting to question WB as a legit source.

What’s wrong with that? Bangladesh is already a middle income country and by 2041 will be a higher middle income country.

Bangladesh's GDP is higher than Pakistan's. It's higher than Finland's the last time I checked. It's higher than New Zealand's the last time I checked.

The unemployment rate is apparently lower than New Zealand's, but who knows....

The "begging bowl" is the funniest part, considering BD probably got more handouts compared to Pakistan over the decades. Yet in-spite of all that, you lot are living in extreme poverty.

And also probably the most overcrowded, dirtiest country. Forgive me.

Your folks would prefer living in our country, rich or poor. I mean BD women work as housemaids for Pakistanis. We've had a BD employee work for my father's office. Another worked as our housekeeper. They came in the 80s.

Another housekeeper, Kamal, working for my grandmother and uncle came I don't know when, but he was employed by them in 2002. His wife was also Bangladeshi if I'm not mistaken.

My mother's relatives have a Bangladeshi house maid. Her neighborhood friend Rekkhah who is from Thailand had an underage housemaid.

She entered the country illegally apparently.

Just because they're not properly documented doesn't mean they don't exist. The sources I posted seem to be accurate in estimating that at least over two million of them are in Karachi.
At least those Bengali not Bangladeshi people are hard working where both male and female works instead of keeping the female at home or use them as child producing machine only.

You should be thankful to your Bengali community for their hard work and not becoming extremist and blow themselves up here and there.

As I said earlier you adjust with the reality and accept all of your own ethnic Bengalis, Biharis etc it will be good for you.

What’s the comparison comes out between Bangladesh and Pakistan it’s there for everyone to see in open day light.

No one even compare now a days Bangladesh with Pakistan as it’s moved way ahead of the later.

No wonder we can see the reason why where there are people like you who prefer to live in their lala land.

Last edited:
What’s wrong with that? Bangladesh is already a middle income country and by 2041 will be a higher middle income country.

No it's not. It's a poor country.

Middle income country would be something like Turkey.

You should be thankful to your Bengali community for their hard work and not becoming extremist and blow themselves up here and there.

Yes I'm so thankful they sell drugs and commit other crimes there. Like the video I linked.

Yes I'm so thankful they sell drugs and commit other crimes there. Like the video I linked.

Educate yourself before posting your nonsense!

The world's Middle Income Countries (MICs) are a diverse group by size, population, and income level. They are defined as lower middle-income economies - those with a GNI per capita between $1,036 and $4,045; and upper middle-income economies - those with a GNI per capita between $4,046 and $12,535 (2021).

https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/mic/overview#:~:text=The%20world's%20Middle%20Income%20Countries,%244%2C046%20and%20%2412%2C535%20(2021).

Turkey falls within upper middle income economy and Bangladesh is now an lower middle income economy.

By 2041 Bangladesh aims to enter into higher income economy bracket with per capita GDP of $16000. Though world bank predicted Bangladesh will be in higher middle income group with around $12000 per capita gdp.

These are something out of your league. So I am not surprised that you have no clue about it.

Yes only 2 million ethnic Bengalis are responsible for all the crimes and other non Bengali Pakistanis are clean as angels.

The following article describes sorry state Pakistan and its youth are in right now.

Back in 2019, it was reported that an enormous quantity of cannabis — 41.95 metric tonnes — was consumed in Karachi annually following the 77.44 metric tons consumed in New York. The numbers have only risen over the years. It’s not only cannabis, but also ‘party or recreational drugs’ such as ecstasy, LSD and methamphetamines that are on the rise.

With a dearth of jobs, dismal future prospects for the youth, bleak laws, and neighborgood smuggling, the widespread drug abuse among the Pakistani youth is an ugly problem for the government. Drug peddlers across Pakistan, and especially Karachi, are an everyday reality.
With 6.7 million drug users, of which 4.25 million are considered to be drug dependent, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has previously claimed that these figures for Pakistan are among the highest for any country in the world.

The Afghanistan route

With urbanisation, migration and a significant surge in Karachi’s population, networks of trafficking of hashish from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan have deepened this ‘endemic.’

Yes only 2 million ethnic Bengalis are responsible for all the crimes and other non Bengali Pakistanis are clean as angels.

The following article describes sorry state Pakistan and its youth are in right now.

I don't see how that makes Bangladeshis a desirable immigrants population.

Even a Pakistani family friend I knew told me he lived in Bengal and told me how criminal cultured Bengalis are.

Whatever drug problems we have, we have to deal with. But allowing Bengali criminals to live in our country only worsens our situation.

Educate yourself before posting your nonsense!

The world's Middle Income Countries (MICs) are a diverse group by size, population, and income level. They are defined as lower middle-income economies - those with a GNI per capita between $1,036 and $4,045; and upper middle-income economies - those with a GNI per capita between $4,046 and $12,535 (2021).

https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/mic/overview#:~:text=The%20world's%20Middle%20Income%20Countries,%244%2C046%20and%20%2412%2C535%20(2021).

Turkey falls within upper middle income economy and Bangladesh is now an lower middle income economy.

By 2041 Bangladesh aims to enter into higher income economy bracket with per capita GDP of $16000. Though world bank predicted Bangladesh will be in higher middle income group with around $12000 per capita gdp.

These are something out of your league. So I am not surprised that you have no clue about it.

Bangladesh is a poor country according to the same World Bank. It actually has one of the largest fraction of the world's total poverty. For it to post contradictory information like that makes me think various people are publishing various info for the WB.

Last edited:
I don't see how that makes Bangladeshis a desirable immigrants population.

Even a Pakistani family friend I knew told me he lived in Bengal and told me how criminal cultured Bengalis are.

Whatever drug problems we have, we have to deal with. But allowing Bengali criminals to live in our country only worsens our situation.

Go ask your Karachi people not to consume drugs as now 7-8 million are drug addict and ask your Afghan brothers not to bring drugs in Karachi.

Why you are bringing Bangladeshi term here? They are Pakistani Bengali not Bangladeshi. Their number and crime is negligible compared to the other Pakistani groups who commit crimes in Pakistan.

Your post is like a toddler is just crying to hold onto his toys despite knowing he won’t be able to without any supporting document.

Bangladesh is a poor country according to the same World Bank. It actually has the largest fraction of world the world's total poverty. For it to post contradictory information like that makes me think various people are publishing various info for the WB.
Bangladesh is no longer considered as poor country rather a developing country. Pakistan is poorer than Bangladesh just for your info. Look at GDP or gdp per capita for example.

What excuses? That these MB terrorists were not given a free pas to murder innocent civilians, including ethnic Bengalis? She's an ethnic Bengali from West Bengal FFS:

Another one of several books refuting the 1971 war myths:

Had Pakistan Army not interfered the elections and these terrorist had taken over, today Bangladesh would not have put the blame squarely on us. The whiskey drinking, womanzing generals of Pakistan sure humiliated us when were suppose to be an Islamic Republic.

Had Pakistan Army not interfered the elections and these terrorist had taken over, today Bangladesh would not have put the blame squarely on us. The whiskey drinking, womanzing generals of Pakistan sure humiliated us when were suppose to be an Islamic Republic.

These terrorists killed civilians unprovoked and shot at Pak Army troops. No sympathy for them from me.

Wow, what an absolute shithole. Like i knew it was bad, but this is way worse than i imagined, This is 10 times worse than Somalia/Chad etc. I dont know how these Lungis are manipulating their GDP figures, but this is a $500 per capita income country, not $3000.

This guy has travelled dozens of countries and i have followed his vlogs not once has he felt more uneasy and out of place than in BD. Usually he just says nice things regardless of how things look. probably to not piss of his subscribers, here he doesn't even bother with the pleasantries, openly complaning about fears of getting cholera/menangities, sheer number of people, pollution, dirt, filth etc. This is the biggest cesspit on the planet, no wonder these Lungis pole vault into India, if i had to live there i would do the same. Real Lungi GDP is closer to 300 than to 3000.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom