What's new

Bangladesh on track to become upper-middle income country: WB envoy

There is no way BD GDP per capita is higher than Pakistan, they are massively manipulating their figures. However, the terms water crsis and BD are mutually exclusive, the country is literally a swamp, they have more water than they can handle. Look at the satellite images of the country, its just a patch of dense green, its the last country on Earth that will run out of water.

When I meant water crisis, I meant by quality of water, despite having huge quantity. Yeah they do get lots of water, but how much of that can remain clean? Given the high population density, I highly doubt much of it can remain clean.

That's exactly what he and other Bangladeshis did. Even my mother's Thai neighbor in Karachi told me the adolescent maid she hired was brought in illegally.

You people commence by the thousands from the Middle East to Europe, but somehow can't commence from BD to Pakistan? Wow.

Pakistan is not Europe but a poor third world country. Europe is most close to Middle East or North Africa than Bangladesh to Pakistan.

In 1970s, 1980s applying for visa to Pakistan or air travel was minimal. I am not sure if any direct air route was even exist. That was something beyond the means for ordinary citizen at that time.

Plus Pakistan high commission was not dumb enough to give visa to a random guy without income or link with Pakistan unless someone from Pakistan sponsor them.

If you believe they overstayed the visa what’s the Pakistan government record says about the number? I am certain there are none. All these illegal migration story are nonsense.

Pakistan is not Europe but a poor third world country. Europe is most close to Middle East or North Africa than Bangladesh to Pakistan.

In 1970s, 1980s applying for visa to Pakistan or air travel was minimal. I am not sure if any direct air route was even exist. That was something beyond the means for ordinary citizen at that time.

Plus Pakistan high commission was not dumb enough to give visa to a random guy without income or link with Pakistan unless someone from Pakistan sponsor them.

If you believe they overstayed the visa what’s the Pakistan government record says about the number? I am certain there are none. All these illegal migration story are nonsense.

They're well documented stories. Traveling on forged documents is not as hard as you think. I never claimed Pakistan is akin to Europe, we all know Bangladeshis would prefer it to Pakistan anytime, but compared to their own country, Pakistan is like a relief getaway the slum infested country.

Even the 2021 source indicated they are happy to work for lower wages than local Pakistanis. That's very telling.

Last edited:
They're well documented stories. Traveling on forged documents is not as hard as you think. I never claimed Pakistan is akin to Europe, we all know Bangladeshis would prefer it to Pakistan anytime, but compared to their own country, Pakistan is like a relief getaway the slum invested country.

Even the 2021 source indicated they are happy to work for lower wages than locals. That's very telling.

What your Bengali community prefer has nothing to do with Bangladesh.

Bangladeshis enjoy higher living standard than Pakistan. So doesn’t make sense for anyone to go there.

Population graph also indicate they are living in Pakistan for decades and not any recent immigrant in recent decades.

Forged passport, air travel all possible but not in huge number from 1970s or 1980s perspective.

Get back to reality and focus on how you lot can come out of the mess you are in right now.

Per capita gdp is almost half and it won’t take much time to become 1/3 in a decade if current trend continues.

What your Bengali community prefer has nothing to do with Bangladesh.

Bangladeshis enjoy higher living standard than Pakistan. So doesn’t make sense for anyone to go there.

Population graph also indicate they are living in Pakistan for decades and not any recent immigrant in recent decades.

Forged passport, air travel all possible but not in huge number from 1970s or 1980s perspective.

Get back to reality and focus on how you lot can come out of the mess you are in right now.

Per capita gdp is almost half and it won’t take much time to become 1/3 in a decade if current trend continues.

It has everything to do with it. Bangladeshis have higher income per capita, yet they're working as housemaids and other low income jobs rather enjoying a higher per capita in BD?

You can't expect anybody to buy that story.

Last edited:
It has everything to do with it. Bangladeshis have higher income per capita, yet they're working as housemaids and other low income jobs rather enjoying a higher per capita in BD?

You can't expect anybody to buy that story.
We also have half a million stranded Pakistanis in Bangladesh. They do all sorts of menial jobs for money. I think Bangladesh and Pakistan should not fight with each other as our common adversary is India. Bangladesh is doing good in recent time but still a poor country. We have a long way to go to be regarded as a rich country.

We also have half a million stranded Pakistanis in Bangladesh. They do all sorts of menial jobs for money. I think Bangladesh and Pakistan should not fight with each other as our common adversary is India. Bangladesh is doing good in recent time but still a poor country. We have a long way to go to be regarded as a rich country.

Ignore him. He’s a fool.

:lol: They are not Pakistanis. They are Biharis. They've never been to Pakistan and never came from there.

Unfortunately, weather we like it or not, the relationship between India, Bangladesh & Pakistan is trilaterally hostile.

It's similar to how Japanese, Koreans and Chinese dislike each other.

There are traits about Bangladesh which are better like how it's not radicalized to the same extreme as Pakistan is.

Back
Top Bottom