What's new

A question to pakistani punjabi's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
even afghanis want to learn urdu :agree:

bengalis made a huge mistake before, all their nationalistic revolt just because of few things, they are paying in the shape of small weak republic.. many bengalis know urdu, an un ignorable fact
europeans learn many languages at school, that doesnt make their nationalistic view any low

They dont want to learn, but since they have been in pakistan, some of them have learned Urdo. by the way, it is good to learn each others' langauge and RESPECT each other at the same time, that will be good for inter relations. there is no harm in learing urdo.

absolutely not!! suppression doesnt work, it is always against national unity and it is wrong. But if you leave all the four languages as they are, then nobody will have a point to criticize the central gov of favouring one group over the other.

I think we are both thinking the same thing. That is why i say they should be declared as National too. So all use their language in their province and then Urdu being the official therefore they can all communicate to each other in Urdu.

They dont want to learn, but since they have been in pakistan, some of them have learned Urdo. by the way, it is good to learn each others' langauge and RESPECT each other at the same time, that will be good for inter relations. there is no harm in learing urdo.

I agree to that I think Afganistanis and Pakistanis should learn each other languages and i think it is not even difficult to both. All you have to do is replace Haai with Ast. Mera Naam Kamran Hai. Naam Man Kamran Ast :)

bengalis made a huge mistake before, all their nationalistic revolt just because of few things, they are paying in the shape of small weak republic.. many bengalis know urdu, an un ignorable fact
europeans learn many languages at school, that doesnt make their nationalistic view any low

I'm only replying as the term Bengali being used. Well no harm in learning languages, I'm fluent in 3 languages most other Indians has to learn 2,3 languages for the diversity in our country. But problem starts when you impose your language on others, for that matter kill people. As your countryman rightly said, tolerance is the key.

declaring all the provincial language as national has one problem, nobody would chose to speak punabi, pushto, sindhi to communicate with another community, the only language that can serve this purpose is urdu, its better to keep these language regional, other wise, it will cause confusion..

i dont understand why you want to become national

i also dont understand why indians label the languages national languages, as they are just used by common people the official language is just hindi

I think we are both thinking the same thing. That is why i say they should be declared as National too. So all use their language in their province and then Urdu being the official therefore they can all communicate to each other in Urdu.

Yes, if you give all languages the same status, same value, treat equally, give equal amount of money/resources for their promotion, then that is fine. if favouritism is in place then that will create a big mess, experience say that.

declaring all the provincial language as national has one problem, nobody would chose to speak punabi, pushto, sindhi to communicate with another community, the only language that can serve this purpose is urdu, its better to keep these language regional, other wise, it will cause confusion..

i dont understand why you want to become national

i also dont understand why indians label the languages national languages, as they are just used by common people the official language is just hindi
That is why I said make Urdu the official language. All will use it to communicate. However in present day Pakistan Urdu will in any way will be considered as the major official and national language as every one is comfortable with it

I'm only replying as the term Bengali being used. Well no harm in learning languages, I'm fluent in 3 languages most other Indians has to learn 2,3 languages for the diversity in our country. But problem starts when you impose your language on others, for that matter kill people. As your countryman rightly said, tolerance is the key.

we didnt impose any language, we just wanted urdu to be the sole national language, bengalis could speak bengali in east pakistan but urdu should have been used solely for pakistan as a whole, bengalis said, no we want separation, bengali should be the state language too, and when all other communities have agreed to have urdu, bengalis tried to disintegrate the whole country.. what if this happens in india??

Yes, if you give all languages the same status, same value, treat equally, give equal amount of money/resources for their promotion, then that is fine. if favouritism is in place then that will create a big mess, experience say that.

شما درست می گویید

what is bangladesh's population?

Nearly same as that of Pakistan. And it was wrong of us to impose Urdu on them. Jinnah made a mistake declaring Urdu the national language in front of Bengalis in Dacca Uuniversity. It was like insulting 50% of the population

we didnt impose any language, we just wanted urdu to be the sole national language, bengalis could speak bengali in east pakistan but urdu should have been used solely for pakistan as a whole, bengalis said, no we want separation, bengali should be the state language too, and when all other communities have agreed to have urdu, bengalis tried to disintegrate the whole country.. what if this happens in india??

Atleast after 40 years we should accept we f***ed up

Nearly same as that of Pakistan. And it was wrong of us to impose Urdu on them. Jinnah made a mistake declaring Urdu the national language in front of Bengalis in Dacca Uuniversity. It was like insulting 50% of the population

if 50% got insulted, what about other 50% werent they insulted, come on man..

Atleast after 40 years we should accept we f***ed up

it was bengali ego, after that killing and revolt, playing in hindu hands, what have they achieved so far??? begging protection from hindus and at the same time talking to them like they r incharge hahaha lol

looks like they have no chance to stand against the puppet govt so far

if 50% got insulted, what about other 50% werent they insulted, come on man..

I agree but it would have been great that none should have been disrespected and 7 national recognized languages would have been a great idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom