What's new

A question to pakistani punjabi's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killeragent

Reaction score
Being proud punjabi, could you guys write, read punjabi?

f3.gif

Some members from pakistan rubby team visited my college few years back, i asked same question to two guys, one said yes other said no?

So in west punjab , punjabi is considered mother tongue or urdu?

Being proud punjabi, could you guys write, read punjabi?

f3.gif

Some members from pakistan rubby team visited my college few years back, i asked same question to two guys, one said yes other said no?

So in west punjab , punjabi is considered mother tongue or urdu?
The Mother tongue of ours is Punjabi but not in the Gumukhi script but in the Perso Arabic script, commonly known as Shahmukhi in Punjabi. However, Urdu mixed with Punjabi is widely spoken in Punjab cities and even in other cities of Pakistan.
Please note that for us Punjabis we have no regret accepting Urdu as the National language of Pakistan. Though it will be great that if Punjabi along with Baluchi Kashmiri Sindhi and Pushtu also be made National language of Pakistan and Urdu being the National and Official language of Pakistan

The Mother tongue of ours is Punjab but not in the Gumukhi script but in the Perso Arabic script, commonly known as Shahmukhi in Punjabi. However, Urdu mixed with Punjabi is widely spoken in Punjab cities and even in other cities of Pakistan.
Please note that for us Punjabis we have no regret accepting Urdu as the National language of Pakistan. Though it will be great that if Punjabi along with Baluchi Kashmiri Sindhi and Pushtu also be made National language of Pakistan and Urdu being the National and Official language of Pakistan

Correction sir, punjab is state, punjabi is language.

Secondly. why you want Punjabi, Baluchi, Kashmiri and Sindhi as National language. It would add great amount of confusion.

Like in india we have Hindi as National Language. Punjabi, Marathi, orya ...so on as regional language..

Please post alphabets of Punjabi in Shahmukhi script.
thanks

I already corrected that. The reason i want them all to be national languages coz they should be taught at the school in Pakistan which unfortunately they are not. I want Urdu to be official language coz in office i have felt we spend alot of time writing letters in flowery English. So i do not think there will be any confussion

I already corrected that. The reason i want them all to be national languages coz they should be taught at the school in Pakistan which unfortunately they are not. I want Urdu to be official language coz in office i have felt we spend alot of time writing letters in flowery English. So i do not think there will be any confussion

keep urdo as your national and official language and leave the other four languges in their place as they are. if you touch those languages, it create alot of problems for pakistan on the basis of language. if none of those languages get attention, nobody will have the chance to complain against each other.

keep urdo as your national and official language and leave the other four languges in their place as they are. if you touch those languages, it create alot of problems for pakistan on the basis of language. if none of those languages get attention, nobody will have the chance to complain against each other.

Actually Ahmed Agha its the other way around. We tried to force Urdu only on Bengalis and they revolted. Tolerance to every other culture is the key

Correction sir, punjab is state, punjabi is language.

Secondly. why you want Punjabi, Baluchi, Kashmiri and Sindhi as National language. It would add great amount of confusion.

Like in india we have Hindi as National Language. Punjabi, Marathi, orya ...so on as regional language..

Please post alphabets of Punjabi in Shahmukhi script.
thanks

You need to know more about your country before advising others. Hindi ISN'T India's national language. India has no national language as such. Hindi with Devnagari script and English are GoI's official language in which it communicates and do official works. There's no such thing as regional language is recognized in constitution. All the languages you mention are officially recognized languages of India and can be official language of any state.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Actually Ahmed Agha its the other way around. We tried to force Urdu only on Bengalis and they revolted. Tolerance to every other culture is the key

:tup::tup:

Somebdy didnt attend college i guess:lol:

In college there are options for studyin languages all of em .. even in undergraduate classes.

Somebdy didnt attend college i guess:lol:

In college there are options for studyin languages all of em .. even in undergraduate classes.

Somebody was not taught manners btw in Punjab university they even offer Hebrew as an optional subject in BA. That does not mean anything. I was talking about Punjabi as a subject in Primary, middle and high school

but i can see a great deal of difference between today pakistan and east pakistan(bangladesh), bengalis were probably sensitive against Urdo, but today's pakistan love Urdo, dont they? I hyavent seen any pakistani who is opposing Urdo, as a matter of fact they respect and love it no matter what ethnicity they got. If you have this attitude, why do you want to bring something you dont want.

but i can see a great deal of difference between today pakistan and east pakistan(bangladesh), bengalis were probably sensitive against Urdo, but today's pakistan love Urdo, dont they? I hyavent seen any pakistani who is opposing Urdo, as a matter of fact they respect and love it no matter what ethnicity they got. If you have this attitude, why do you want to bring something you dont want.

even afghanis want to learn urdu :agree:

bengalis made a huge mistake before, all their nationalistic revolt just because of few things, they are paying in the shape of small weak republic.. many bengalis know urdu, an un ignorable fact
europeans learn many languages at school, that doesnt make their nationalistic view any low

You are right usually Pakistanis are not against Urdu. But nationalism suppressed can be dangerous. Plus all these languages are our own so why take chance

You are right usually Pakistanis are not against Urdu. But nationalism suppressed can be dangerous. Plus all these languages are our own so why take chance

absolutely not!! suppression doesnt work, it is always against national unity and it is wrong. But if you leave all the four languages as they are, then nobody will have a point to criticize the central gov of favouring one group over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom