What's new

3 Members you want to meet , and not want to meet

i want to see champo & kabira, but only to see what khota khor zombies look like

Hon Joe Shearer,

I am humbled by your praise; in all honesty, I am not worthy of it.

Most of my friends are either my school or college buddies or those I grew up with. I do have a few non- Pakistani friends, mainly Hindus, Sikhs, Iranians & one Egyptian. Since the majority of these are chemical engineers and connected with the oil industry; it was the professional acquaintance that grew first into mutual respect and later into genuine friendship.

My European (Gora) friends are also from my student days except a few who are my Bridge & ‘Shoot’ buddies. (I was a regular grouse/pheasant shooter for many years, although not a very good one).

Most of the other people of my age that I come across such as husbands of my wife’s friends and in-laws of my children, nephews & nieces etc., think that I am a dry & boring person because I don’t indulge in idle chit-chat thus without a sense of humor. Perhaps they are right.

I have not posted about who I would like to meet. The main reason being that it is likely that both the parties may not measure up to the respective expectations; familiarity can also breed contempt.

Dear Niaz Sahib,

I am vastly amused by the fact that your post stands as evidence supporting my sincere and respectful admiration for your views and the values you stand for. Well might it be said about you, in relation to your posts, Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice haec lege. Continue to raise the bar in our discussions, Sir; we need it.

No need to meet @Areesh. He is just your average UP/Bihar Muslim - dull and predictable. Once the novelty wears off, he appears to be what he actually - unimaginative and boring.

He is just a hyped and seems larger than life.

I am taken aback by that. Some of my close friends are UP Muslims. Coming to think of it, their predictability translates to integrity, and that is valuable, considering that I am myself so afflicted by the self-doubt and mutability of those who with honesty trust in reason rather than in faith.

I dont want to meet anyone coz whenever i asked anyone to meet in all practicality, i got to know the best excuses one can throw.

Ask me and see.

PS: What does Gunner call himself nowadays? I am completely befuddled about who is who now. There are several others whose identities I am uncertain about. Now that I am losing my earlier robust good health in stages, there is some anxiety to meet those whom I ought to. Let us see what Bangalore brings.

Last edited:
Prepare for some disappointment. Issi tarah kay nazar ayengain.

tenor.gif
Exactly. At least 99% isi tarah ke hote hai. And that's the reason I doubt whether India's space programmes are real or hoax (purchase, assemble and then claim the technology as indeginious).

Honourable Joes Shearer,

Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice.

I do not know much Latin, but I know the above phrase because I live in London and am aware of the dedication to Sir Christopher Wren (Architect of St Paul) by his son. Except that you changed 'Circumspice' meaning look around into 'Read on'. I feel honoured.

I can only reply with the quote from Hamlet " Beggar that I am, I am even poor in thanks".

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom