What's new

The No. 1 figure in Ryukyu (Okinawa) is preparing to visit China, and Chinese FM Qin Gang’s reminder is very clear: Ryukyu is not Japan’s territory

That's is exactly what I asked, who do you target in your "Psyops" campaign?

Do you know at Perfecture level, and Japan don't have union style prefecture government. So, again, who hold power that can decide these type of action China can support?
You target average citizens through proxy groups such as separatists. You promote these groups through social media until it becomes mainstream, you subsidize them so they can be activists full time. You play up their ethnic nationalism and discontent towards their current government. This is the American playbook, you start small and fan it until it becomes a populist movement. This has not been an option for other countries, but with the changing power dynamics in the world that could all change.

You target average citizens through proxy groups such as separatists. You promote these groups through social media until it becomes mainstream, you subsidize them so they can be activists full time. You play up their ethnic nationalism and discontent towards their current government. This is the American playbook, you start small and fan it until it becomes a populist movement. This has not been an option for other countries, but with the changing power dynamics in the world that could all change.
You do know average Japanese are richer than average Chinese, you can't target them all because that would run off your budget.

American playbook is flipping one group of people against the other, ie Kurd against Iraqi, Northern Alliance against Taliban and so on, that only work if you have a civil war already in place so you can take that advantage, either that or you are talking about coup, both of which does not applies in Okinawa as there are no civil war nor even local Okinawan militia fraction. The only remaining option for you is to start a grassroot movement, and that mean you will not only need to offer Okinawan something better than the Japanese government, but also you will need to actively engage in separation. How do you suppose the Chinese to achieve that when A.) Japan is a stable government and Okinawa as a prefecture do not have administration power. B.) Average Japanese are better off than average Chinese?

You do know average Japanese are richer than average Chinese, you can't target them all because that would run off your budget.

American playbook is flipping one group of people against the other, ie Kurd against Iraqi, Northern Alliance against Taliban and so on, that only work if you have a civil war already in place so you can take that advantage, either that or you are talking about coup, both of which does not applies in Okinawa as there are no civil war nor even local Okinawan militia fraction. The only remaining option for you is to start a grassroot movement, and that mean you will not only need to offer Okinawan something better than the Japanese government, but also you will need to actively engage in separation. How do you suppose the Chinese to achieve that when A.) Japan is a stable government and Okinawa as a prefecture do not have administration power. B.) Average Japanese are better off than average Chinese?
The fact that Okinawa had a referendum to begin with means there’s discontent that can be exploited. The beautiful thing about social media is that it costs very little to influence people. Americans are rich are they not? Does it protect them from populism? It doesn’t matter if Japanese live better than Chinese, ideally the Okinawans wouldn’t even know who’s funding them. Phycological warfare is often combined with economic warfare to exacerbate the inherent discontent. What happens if Russia cuts off fuel to Japan? What goes around comes around.

Last edited:

Chinese is now richer than Japanese. In considering meat consumption, China has freedom of meat, meanwhile Japan food industries are controlled by oligarch.

In most metrics China now is living far better than Japanese.

This is just the beginning. 20 yeas down the road, China will be heaven and Japan sht hole. Then Ryukyu will want to spread legs to China.

1682983936205.png

The fact that Okinawa had a referendum to begin with means there’s discontent that can be exploited. The beautiful thing about social media is that it costs very little to influence people. Americans are rich are they not? Does it protect them from populism? It doesn’t matter if Japanese live better than Chinese, ideally the Okinawans wouldn’t even know who’s funding them. Phycological warfare is often combined with economic warfare to exacerbate the inherent discontent. What happens if Russia cuts off fuel to Japan? What goes around comes around.
You can have a referendum, that does not mean anything, unless A.) it's binding, B.) You have the majority.

Again, I don't know if you understand what is "Grass Root" resistance, it's basically moms and pops resistance, which mean you will need to flip almost everyone, well, not everyone but enough to have the majority. This cannot be done even if you have discontent, it can only be done if you have an active grievance to your active government, which evolved around quality of life. Which is absent from the current situation.

And lol, do you really think you can hide the fact that China is the one funding them? Country isn't stupid you know, they always knows who or what funding them, and you are talking about a foreign interference on a domestic issue, it's always stand out like a sore thumb

Again, I have no issue you think this is gonna happen, just good to know the delusion level of some member here.

Chinese is now richer than Japanese. In considering meat consumption, China has freedom of meat,
That is not China is "richer" than Japanese, that's Chinese a "Fatter" than Japanese.

Russia would disagree with you

lol do you even know what you said? Helping Okinawa to regain independence IS making it a Chinese Issue. You are like saying US helping Taiwan defence itself is not making it an US matter.....When you dove into a complete different Sovreign, you are making that matter your issue. Even by saying Okinawan should have its own sovereignty is making this a Chinese issue, because when you are taking side to an issue you don't belong, it's making it your issue......

Also, you still need to flip people into seeking independence whether or not it makes it your issue, because right now only a small percentage of Okinawan people are looking for independence which is less than 15%. How are you going to flip Okinawan into going against Japanese establishment. Again, what's your playbook is on dealing the movement? How to amplify the movement?

No, Taiwan is not a US issue, nor will it ever be as it is Chinese civil war that US is trying to injecting itself into. And in case you have not realize, nationalism is the most powerful ideology of the 20-21 century. The Ryukyu population just needs a reawakening with enough media attention and education to remind them of their own heritage and the rest will follow, not to mention where they, being the victim of Japanese occupation should enjoy the fruits of WWII liberation rather than bear the heaviest burden of Japanese surrender. You really think there is no resentment amongst the population of their current predicament?

Since Ryukyu belongs to Japan has no legal basis, it can always secede with due jurisprudence according to international law. One way Ryukyu can go independence is through plebiscite.

There are many precedence, such as former USSR, for British colonies.

One may argue why not conduct a referendum in Tibet. Unfortunately not. Under international law, Tibet is not colony. the secession of Tibet got to be APPROVED by majority Chinese citizen.

No, Taiwan is not a US issue, nor will it ever be as it is Chinese civil war that US is trying to injecting itself into. And in case you have not realize, nationalism is the most powerful ideology of the 20-21 century. The Ryukyu population just needs a reawakening with enough media attention and education to remind them of their own heritage and the rest will follow, not to mention where they, being the victim of Japanese occupation should enjoy the fruits of WWII liberation rather than bear the heaviest burden of Japanese surrender. You really think there is no resentment amongst the population of their current predicament?
Nationalism only works when there are divides, there aren't in Japan, I mean, there are no rules or law that discriminate Okinawan. This is what you don't know. Especially in unitary society, unless you are talkgin about Japan don't accept Okinawan as part of Japanese culture.

It's not easy at all to have someone to flip on where their own government. Especially in East Asia, it's not at all an easy way, because, there are always balance in the system.

And WW2 is 80 years ago, if there were ANY independence movement, you would already been seeing it. The "resentment" are there, but I would say Chinese resentment over Japanese government is even greater than the Okinawan.

As I said, you can't even tell me what's the play for China, and yet you still think this is going to succeed 50 or 100 years down the road? I can tell you this, in a stable society, resentment goes down over time, even if you are talking about oppression of native population like US did to the Indians and Australian done to aboriginal. In a balanced society, the crack will grow smaller and smaller as time goes by, which mean you would have less chance to get separated as times goes on.

I am talk about that, sure, but actually thinking this is easy, is another matter.

Nationalism only works when there are divides, there aren't in Japan, I mean, there are no rules or law that discriminate Okinawan. This is what you don't know. Especially in unitary society, unless you are talkgin about Japan don't accept Okinawan as part of Japanese culture.

It's not easy at all to have someone to flip on where their own government. Especially in East Asia, it's not at all an easy way, because, there are always balance in the system.

And WW2 is 80 years ago, if there were ANY independence movement, you would already been seeing it. The "resentment" are there, but I would say Chinese resentment over Japanese government is even greater than the Okinawan.

As I said, you can't even tell me what's the play for China, and yet you still think this is going to succeed 50 or 100 years down the road? I can tell you this, in a stable society, resentment goes down over time, even if you are talking about oppression of native population like US did to the Indians and Australian done to aboriginal. In a balanced society, the crack will grow smaller and smaller as time goes by, which mean you would have less chance to get separated as times goes on.

I am talk about that, sure, but actually thinking this is easy, is another matter.

India is biggest aggressor and imperial shthole. Ask manipur, Kashmir and many to vote, sure they want out of India.

The entire India is against International Law, on par with Israel...etc.

Unfortunately everyone keep quiet.

India is biggest aggressor and imperial shthole. Ask manipur, Kashmir and many to vote, sure they want out of India.

The entire India is against International Law, on par with Israel...etc.

Unfortunately everyone keep quiet.
What the hell did I just read??

You aren't aware that the Ryukyuan are the most discriminated against minority in Japan? Yes, for 80 years, no one in the international community has spoken on behalf of the Ryukyuan people and restoring their nation is but a distant dream. It will be a different story when they receive actual support and their dream becomes a possibility. And no, as long as the US bases are still operating there, the resentment will only fester. And on the contrary, I see racial divide in the US only grows bigger and bigger, not from the natives as their population is too small to be relevant but elsewhere.

You aren't aware that the Ryukyuan are the most discriminated against minority in Japan? Yes, for 80 years, no one in the international community has spoken on behalf of the Ryukyuan people and restoring their nation is but a distant dream. It will be a different story when they receive actual support and their dream becomes a possibility. And no, as long as the US bases are still operating there, the resentment will only fester. And on the contrary, I see racial divide in the US only grows bigger and bigger, not from the natives as their population is too small to be relevant but elsewhere.
Well, if you think Okinawan are "THE MOST discriminated" against minority in Japan, that only mean you either don't know Japanese culture or well, you think only minority is Okinawan....

I wonder have you actually ever been to Japan??

Especially the Ainu people.

And lol, your world view is laughable.

You can have a referendum, that does not mean anything, unless A.) it's binding, B.) You have the majority.

Again, I don't know if you understand what is "Grass Root" resistance, it's basically moms and pops resistance, which mean you will need to flip almost everyone, well, not everyone but enough to have the majority. This cannot be done even if you have discontent, it can only be done if you have an active grievance to your active government, which evolved around quality of life. Which is absent from the current situation.

And lol, do you really think you can hide the fact that China is the one funding them? Country isn't stupid you know, they always knows who or what funding them, and you are talking about a foreign interference on a domestic issue, it's always stand out like a sore thumb

Again, I have no issue you think this is gonna happen, just good to know the delusion level of some member here.

That is not China is "richer" than Japanese, that's Chinese a "Fatter" than Japanese.
A referendum means that there’s an underlying issue that caused the referendum in the first place, where there are problems there are opportunities.

You give the average person too much credit. Hide behind enough NGOs the average person will be too lazy to look any of that up. This explains why most Americans either don’t know or don’t care who actually runs their country.

A referendum means that there’s an underlying issue that caused the referendum in the first place, where there are problems there are opportunities.

You give the average person too much credit. Hide behind enough NGOs the average person will be too lazy to look any of that up. This explains why most Americans either don’t know or don’t care who actually runs their country.
Referendum happens more often in Western culture than you think, here in Australia, referendum range from something functional like legalise marijuana or giving a permanent seat to the indigenous people in the Parliament to something symbolic like Australia going Republic or daylight saving time......

Referendum is used to settle stuff with population approval, that does not mean it have an issue to begin with.

On the other hand, even if this is considering an issue, you still need to flip those people into going into your camp, which as I ask, and no one can still answer, as to how or who to flip, and the reason I said you can't flip average person not becuase they are smart, but rather they are useless, I mean, there are over 2 millions okinawan, for you to succeed, your "NGO" need to at least flip half of those people, and on average you pump around $50,000-$100,000 to lobby for a single person in a third world country, where they earn probably 10 times less to show interest, you do the maths on an Okinawan earn an average of $50,000 a year.

I mean, even if you have a "Tucker Carlson" type person you can sway in Okinawa, you still need idiots to buy into what he said, again, it's not that easy.

Well, if you think Okinawan are "THE MOST discriminated" against minority in Japan, that only mean you either don't know Japanese culture or well, you think only minority is Okinawan....

I wonder have you actually ever been to Japan??

Especially the Ainu people.

And lol, your world view is laughable.

Remember it's the perception of Ryukyuan that matters.

Discrimination against Okinawans​

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom