What's new

The No. 1 figure in Ryukyu (Okinawa) is preparing to visit China, and Chinese FM Qin Gang’s reminder is very clear: Ryukyu is not Japan’s territory

Remember it's the perception of Ryukyuan that matters.

Discrimination against Okinawans​

The problem is acceptance, I mean as I said, they don't just do that to Okinawans.......

Referendum happens more often in Western culture than you think, here in Australia, referendum range from something functional like legalise marijuana or giving a permanent seat to the indigenous people in the Parliament to something symbolic like Australia going Republic or daylight saving time......

Referendum is used to settle stuff with population approval, that does not mean it have an issue to begin with.

On the other hand, even if this is considering an issue, you still need to flip those people into going into your camp, which as I ask, and no one can still answer, as to how or who to flip, and the reason I said you can't flip average person not becuase they are smart, but rather they are useless, I mean, there are over 2 millions okinawan, for you to succeed, your "NGO" need to at least flip half of those people, and on average you pump around $50,000-$100,000 to lobby for a single person in a third world country, where they earn probably 10 times less to show interest, you do the maths on an Okinawan earn an average of $50,000 a year.

I mean, even if you have a "Tucker Carlson" type person you can sway in Okinawa, you still need idiots to buy into what he said, again, it's not that easy.
We’re not talking about referendums on trivial matters but on independence, that’s grounds for civil war in some cases.

If you have ideals that resonate with the people you don’t need as much money as you think. Ideas spread like a virus, in the age of social media that virus is very easy to spread. How much money did the communist have to flip a country? They were poor peasants with no money. All you need is an opportunity and an idea that people can latch on to. Money is the grease that keeps society running, you’re not guaranteed to have it forever. There are many ways of destroying an economy.

We’re not talking about referendums on trivial matters but on independence, that’s grounds for civil war in some cases.

If you have ideals that resonate with the people you don’t need as much money as you think. Ideas spread like a virus, in the age of social media that virus is very easy to spread. How much money did the communist have to flip a country? They were poor peasants with no money. All you need is an opportunity and an idea that people can latch on to. Money is the grease that keeps society running, you’re not guaranteed to have it forever. There are many ways of destroying an economy.
That is the problem, the "Idea" of independence DOES NOT resonate with people of Okinawa (ie why only 12 or 17% of Okinawan support that idea) You will need considerable resources to flip this trend especially when you are talking about a stable government (eg they will not go execute Okinawan on the street) and a developed society with no local government. It's not like you start with more than 50% want to leave but Japanese government is saying nj.

All these factors are going to play into any grass root movement, which is THE ONLY way you can start a separatist movement, and it's not just about money, that's exactly what I said, because you can't flip EVERYONE, that would have been too resource and money intense. it's about who you apply that resource to, what you devoted those resource with, hence I have been asking you what Chinese is the "Chinese play" or do China even has a playbook. Becuase you don't just go around Okinawan street corner and ask people "Do you support independence?" and if they say yes you give them a bunch of money....

When I was working Human Intel in Afghanistan, I grease local Iman, local businessman, the sort of people that may have connection with Taliban so I can flip or get info from them, I can't tell you what kind of play or ploy I use because I don't want to spend 20 years in Leavenworth, but you don't just go around and apply your resource to just anyone, because some may not flip, some is pointless to flip, and that was easy because you are talking about an active war zone with a minority fraction, you are talking about a developed countries with basically nothing to exploit.

That is the problem, the "Idea" of independence DOES NOT resonate with people of Okinawa (ie why only 12 or 17% of Okinawan support that idea) You will need considerable resources to flip this trend especially when you are talking about a stable government (eg they will not go execute Okinawan on the street) and a developed society with no local government. It's not like you start with more than 50% want to leave but Japanese government is saying nj.

All these factors are going to play into any grass root movement, which is THE ONLY way you can start a separatist movement, and it's not just about money, that's exactly what I said, because you can't flip EVERYONE, that would have been too resource and money intense. it's about who you apply that resource to, what you devoted those resource with, hence I have been asking you what Chinese is the "Chinese play" or do China even has a playbook. Becuase you don't just go around Okinawan street corner and ask people "Do you support independence?" and if they say yes you give them a bunch of money....

When I was working Human Intel in Afghanistan, I grease local Iman, local businessman, the sort of people that may have connection with Taliban so I can flip or get info from them, I can't tell you what kind of play or ploy I use because I don't want to spend 20 years in Leavenworth, but you don't just go around and apply your resource to just anyone, because some may not flip, some is pointless to flip, and that was easy because you are talking about an active war zone with a minority fraction, you are talking about a developed countries with basically nothing to exploit.

Even Scotland is leaning towards independence.

There was a time when the breakup of British empire seems improbable.

Even Scotland is leaning towards independence.

There was a time when the breakup of British empire seems improbable.
Dude, Scotland is a different story, it was NEVER a complete Union with the UK, i.e., they were never technically an UK sovereignty, they are unionized, read up Acts of Union 1707. And to think that you probably have no idea how the union of United Kingdom works.....Just because one state want to seek independence does not mean the circumstances are the same.

There is a reason why Scotland have its own "National" sport team and they were recognized by international body and also their own "national" parliament which was again recognized by the world. Neither of them happened to Okinawan

Back
Top Bottom