What's new

Zulfiqar - IRAN MADE MBT

What?
Kid, all of that is fake
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boehner
Its easy to click on Inspect element, and change that shit.
cya later, kid.

I said that the Zulqifar or what ever is based on the M-60
I said that the Z3 has a bad gun, looks like an M60 HULL with minimized toy Abrams turret, T72 gun, poor power to weight ratio, no protection, poor armor and more.

:lol::lol::lol:

You think that just because the articles don't have that on there NOW doesn't mean they didn't have at one point?

Well how do you explain this then?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/612403163

Face it, wikipedia is a shit source for technical knowledge and you fvcked up.

Desperate attempts to link the Zulfiqar-3 to the M60 are futile attempts by Hasbara types like yourself. They have no similarities.

Look at the rear of this Zulfiqar-3

zmbt-jpg.308770

And this M60

m60_07_of_46.jpg

And the small fact that the Zulfiqar-3 has 7 wheels, whereas ALL M60 variants have just 6.

NO SIMILARITIES

"Toy Abrams turret"?

lol

What, like the Challenger 2?

maxresdefault.jpg

Or the Leopard?

Upgraded_Leopard_2A4_SG_NDP_2010.JPG

Next you'll be telling us the Shahed-129 is a copy of the F-22 because they both have wings.

Lets see... you said it can't fire ATGMs... can you provide a source for that? With citations from credible authors? Without referring to Wikipedia?

And can you do the same for your claim of the turret having little armour?

I'm going to hazard a guess that you can't.

Damn you are retarded

The Merkava that crashed... the tank doesn't defend itself from stupidity.
The first Merkava destroyed- its a Mk1, not a modern tank, just a second generation tank, what do you think will happen?
Second picture is an Abrams
Third- the ATGM didn't even penetrate the armor fully, the tank was repaired and its fully functional now.
BS.. That's your shotty merkava IV getting Kornets & RPG-29s from Hezbullah.. You pathetic Israeli turd.

By flat I meant NOT ANGLED
the armor is angled at about 60 degrees, and the armor itself doesn't look that thick, not maximizing its thickness.

What? Does your dumbness even know what your typing?

Making retarded claims asusual.
It sucks because it costs more than a Merkava, while it have poor power to weight ratio, T64's gun, no APS, thin armor, bad sloping of armor, using old suspension, cannot fire ATGM's and such.
:rofl:

Your too damn stupid aren't you?

It has a HP/ton ratio of 26:1 that's more than your "merkava" shit.

It's gun is based on the KBA-3 used on the Oplot M !
image.jpeg

It uses SESM 500 transmission also used on Lecrec MBT.

It can fire Pak modified Kombat ATGMs with a larger warhead & Sniper Missiles.

It uses modified Varta I APS ..
image.jpeg

You must be blind not to see the APS system.

How do you calculate its armour thickness or its protection level was you dumb troll?

First tank in the first video, the Magach 7, retired, based on an M60, not Merkava.

Its a fact that 1000 ATGMs were launched against the Merkavas, destroying only 3

Oh, and second video- It didn't even hit, the Trophy APS destroyed it before it did anything
That's why Hamas didn't upload the second after the explosion.

What a piece of ... So much nonsense ..

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

You think that just because the articles don't have that on there NOW doesn't mean they didn't have at one point?

Well how do you explain this then?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/612403163

Face it, wikipedia is a shit source for technical knowledge and you fvcked up.

Desperate attempts to link the Zulfiqar-3 to the M60 are futile attempts by Hasbara types like yourself. They have no similarities.

Look at the rear of this Zulfiqar-3

zmbt-jpg.308770

And this M60

m60_07_of_46.jpg

And the small fact that the Zulfiqar-3 has 7 wheels, whereas ALL M60 variants have just 6.

NO SIMILARITIES

"Toy Abrams turret"?

lol

What, like the Challenger 2?

maxresdefault.jpg

Or the Leopard?

Upgraded_Leopard_2A4_SG_NDP_2010.JPG

Next you'll be telling us the Shahed-129 is a copy of the F-22 because they both have wings.

Lets see... you said it can't fire ATGMs... can you provide a source for that? With citations from credible authors? Without referring to Wikipedia?

And can you do the same for your claim of the turret having little armour?

I'm going to hazard a guess that you can't.

Wow, you made me think, maybe I didn't understand retards, but now I know they are in a whole other level
I said that the Z3 has COMPONENTS of the M60, and a MINIMIZED turret of an Abrams, idiot, can't you fucking read?
Neither challenger or the Leopard look in any way like the Abrams

BS.. That's your shotty merkava IV getting Kornets & RPG-29s from Hezbullah.. You pathetic Israeli turd.

What? Does your dumbness even know what your typing?

Making retarded claims asusual.

:rofl:

Your too damn stupid aren't you?

It has a HP/ton ratio of 26:1 that's more than your "merkava" shit.

It's gun is based on the KBA-3 used on the Oplot M !
View attachment 308862

It uses SESM 500 transmission also used on Lecrec MBT.

It can fire Pak modified Kombat ATGMs with a larger warhead & Sniper Missiles.

It uses modified Varta I APS ..
View attachment 308863

You must be blind not to see the APS system.

How do you calculate its armour thickness or its protection level was you dumb troll?

What a piece of ... So much nonsense ..

Ahahaha, not even one Merkava Mk4 was destroyed, so suck on it

Take a fucking look, take a fucking protractor, and see!

I was talking about the Zulqifar's HP/ton, and the Merkava has way over enough for the terrain its on.

and the gun I was talking about was of the Zulqifar,and hahahaha, the OpoltM's cannon is based on the 2A46 gun, exactly the gun that is used in T55M6, T64, T72 and more!
Israel have a modern MG253 from 2003, not the 90s

Again, the suspension I was talking about was the Zulqifar.

Kombat and Sniper missiles? ahahaha, from the 80s, with just 5000 meters range?
funny, our tank can fire LAHAT ATGM, that can also top attack, from the ground it can have a range of 8000 meters, much better than the Sniper and Kombat

the Varta system consists of four laser warning systems.The coarse sensors are almost certain to warn the crew of being lased, but the precision sensors have a 12 in 20 chance of revealing the position of a laser designator.The system then sprays an aerosol screen in the direction of the designator or rangefinder; this device has a total of 20 sprays available.The detection arc, however, is only 45 degrees to either side and upwards of the bore axis of the main gun
So, it only have it for the front, only up to 45 degrees from the turret.

Again, I was talking about the Zulfiqar, I didn't calculate its armor, I said its thin, because its VERY SMALL.

I corrected it, its the T72, the T62 uses a 115mm gun
But there is a version of the T62 with the same gun, called the T67.

Go get some mental help retard. Z-3 looks nothing like a M-60, nor is its hull based on it. The only source you have for any of your claims is wikipedia :rofl:
SUSPENSION
Idiot, SUSPENSION

Idiot, you know what? here-
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/zulfiqar.htm#prof
"In February 2013, Iran unveiled what was said to be a new version of the Zulfiqar tank, with an improved fire control system and gun stabilization system. The suggestion from the reports was that the tank was not yet in mass production, still awaiting approval from the office of the chief of the general staff of the Armed Forces. At the same time, Iran displayed a tank referred to as Samsam, which appeared to be based on American M48 and/or M60 tanks, suggesting that the Zulfiqar might be limited to components from the T-72 series instead of both series as initially believed."
What Iranian tank was unveiled in 2013? THE Z3
Suck on it.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/zulfiqar.htm#prof
"In February 2013, Iran unveiled what was said to be a new version of the Zulfiqar tank, with an improved fire control system and gun stabilization system. The suggestion from the reports was that the tank was not yet in mass production, still awaiting approval from the office of the chief of the general staff of the Armed Forces. At the same time, Iran displayed a tank referred to as Samsam, which appeared to be based on American M48 and/or M60 tanks, suggesting that the Zulfiqar might be limited to components from the T-72 series instead of both series as initially believed."
What Iranian tank was unveiled in 2013? THE Z3
Suck on it.

So you went from claiming Z-3 was based on M-60, then you said its hull is based on M-60 to now talking about its suspension is based on it. What's next? It has a few screws similar to M-60?:lol:

You're obviously mentally retarded. There is no other reason to explain as to why you're flip flopping so much.

So you went from claiming Z-3 was based on M-60, then you said its hull is based on M-60 to now talking about its suspension is based on it. What's next? It has a few screws similar to M-60?:lol:

You're obviously mentally retarded. There is no other reason to explain as to why you're flip flopping so much.
Wow, you are idiotic?
I never said the hull is based on the M60, I said that the Z3 has COMPONENTS of the M60

Such amazing discussion going on !

Suck on this ... Suck on that ... Suck on main gun !!!

What else!?

o_O
Oh and ? ?
Is a fucking discussion?
I owned him, shown him a source other than Wikipedia.

Wow, you are idiotic?
I never said the hull is based on the M60, I said that the Z3 has COMPONENTS of the M60

Oh and ? ?
Is a fucking discussion?
I owned him, shown him a source other than Wikipedia.

As I said, you are mentally retarded. This is what you said in comment 58:

I said that the Z3 has a bad gun, looks like an M60 HULL with minimized toy Abrams turret, T72 gun, poor power to weight ratio, no protection, poor armor and more.

Why else would you state it looks like an M-60 hull?

And from your original comment, you said:

"Iranian made"
Its based of an old M60, a cannon of a T62, power to weight ratio is poor (17.85hp/t)
no protection other than its armor, and useless against modern tanks.

You take the meaning of retarded to the next level. I mean seriously, how can someone be this brain-dead?

Z3 has COMPONENTS of the M60, anda MINIMIZED turret of an Abrams, idiot, can't you fucking read?

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/zulfiqar-iran-made-mbt.205191/page-5#ixzz4AheqpdLJ

Can't YOU fucking read your OWN FUCKING POSTS? Or are you trying some clumsy Hasbara on us?

Face it wanker, you have no fucking clue about the Zulfiqar-3's armour, design or anything.

And the fact that you say it's a minimized toy Abrams turret is meaningless because the Abrams' turret is FUCKING HUGE.

I never said the hull is based on the M60

"Iranian made"
Its based of an old M60

@Faravahar this retard can't even agree with himself!

@Serpentine please get rid of this creature, he is contributing nothing intelligible.

As I said, you are mentally retarded. This is what you said in comment 58:

Why else would you state it looks like an M-60 hull?

And from your original comment, you said:

You take the meaning of retarded to the next level. I mean seriously, how can someone be this brain-dead?
I said LOOKS like, I didn't say IT IS

Can't YOU fucking read your OWN FUCKING POSTS? Or are you trying some clumsy Hasbara on us?

Face it wanker, you have no fucking clue about the Zulfiqar-3's armour, design or anything.

And the fact that you say it's a minimized toy Abrams turret is meaningless because the Abrams' turret is FUCKING HUGE.

@Faravahar this retard can't even agree with himself!

@Serpentine please get rid of this creature, he is contributing nothing intelligible.

Ok, I want you to read this- http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/zulfiqar.htm#prof

The Abrams turret is huge, and its frontal turret armor is very thick, THUS, it have a lot of armor
UNLIKE THE ZULFIQAR 3, with POOR power to weight ratio, BAD gun, NO APS, BAD ARMOR, and worse in every fucking way than any modern tank.
DONE

I said LOOKS like, I didn't say IT IS

Ok, I want you to read this- http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iran/zulfiqar.htm#prof

The Abrams turret is huge, and its frontal turret armor is very thick, THUS, it have a lot of armor
UNLIKE THE ZULFIQAR 3, with POOR power to weight ratio, BAD gun, NO APS, BAD ARMOR, and worse in every fucking way than any modern tank.
DONE

The globalsecurity article you posted said there was a tank called the Samsam that was based on the M48/M60, NOT the Zulfiqar.

In case you need anymore proof that you were wrong, here, THIS is a Samsam.

Secondly, as I already said, you have NO IDEA of the armour on the Zulfiqar 3. The size of the Abrams turret isn't because of its armour. It's because the Abrams carries a LOT of ammunition, all inside the turret.

main-qimg-90484fffc996c0c8e7e6bfbb4758d375

And you are unaware of Iran's developments in counter top attack armour.

d9rj_dly1apr.jpg

As for the power/weight, your hallowed Wikipedia "source" gives a 1000 hp engine figure, from an engine used in the M60. More of your "based on the M60" bullshit.

Bad gun? The 2A46M is not a bad gun. It's poor record with Iraq against the Abrams was largely because of a lack of good, modern fire control system and ammunition, both of which Iran has and will develop.

The lack of visible APS is largely because this is a prototype designed over 5 years ago. As more alterations are made, it will probably be fitted with an APS, and Iranian defence officials have alluded to the development of such systems.

Face it Beny boy, you know nothing. You are just guessing capabilities based on uninformed comparisons and useless Wikipedia information.

The globalsecurity article you posted said there was a tank called the Samsam that was based on the M48/M60, NOT the Zulfiqar.

In case you need anymore proof that you were wrong, here, THIS is a Samsam.

Secondly, as I already said, you have NO IDEA of the armour on the Zulfiqar 3. The size of the Abrams turret isn't because of its armour. It's because the Abrams carries a LOT of ammunition, all inside the turret.

main-qimg-90484fffc996c0c8e7e6bfbb4758d375

And you are unaware of Iran's developments in counter top attack armour.

d9rj_dly1apr.jpg

As for the power/weight, your hallowed Wikipedia "source" gives a 1000 hp engine figure, from an engine used in the M60. More of your "based on the M60" bullshit.

Bad gun? The 2A46M is not a bad gun. It's poor record with Iraq against the Abrams was largely because of a lack of good, modern fire control system and ammunition, both of which Iran has and will develop.

The lack of visible APS is largely because this is a prototype designed over 5 years ago. As more alterations are made, it will probably be fitted with an APS, and Iranian defence officials have alluded to the development of such systems.

Face it Beny boy, you know nothing. You are just guessing capabilities based on uninformed comparisons and useless Wikipedia information.

You know what? Lets say it wasn't based on the M60, or had any component from the T72.
Why wont you give me its engine? suspension? HP?

Yes, 2A46M is a bad gun, it cannot penetrate an Abrams from the front, not even talking about the Merkava
With or without an FCS

No.
Iran doesn't even have plans about APS
Why wont you give it to me?

You know what? Lets say it wasn't based on the M60, or had any component from the T72.
Why wont you give me its engine? suspension? HP?

Yes, 2A46M is a bad gun, it cannot penetrate an Abrams from the front, not even talking about the Merkava
With or without an FCS

No.
Iran doesn't even have plans about APS
Why wont you give it to me?

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/zulfiqar-iran-made-mbt.205191/page-5#ixzz4AjHyaAnt

Because neither me, you, or anyone on this forum or on fucking Wikipedia can have any solid information on the engine of the Zulfiqar-3. It's a prototype of an extremely secretive military that barely publishes any information, there is no way we can know anything. Even the claims about the suspension are rubbish since we have not seen the Z3's suspension close up. Just because it uses torsion bar suspension (probably the most common suspension type in human history) doesn't mean that suspension is taken from an M60.

As for penetrating an Abrams from the front - what blithering idiot tries to penetrate an Abrams from the front with ANYTHING? Even if you use a Leapord 2 or an ATGM you are making your job unnecessarily difficult. A military commander who makes it his aim to attack tanks from the front is leading his men to suicide. Any skilled tank crew will aim to get different types of shots on an enemy.

There are 4 different ways to get kills in tank warfare.

Smart crews will get a mobility kill by disabling the tank's tracks or engine. You do this in modern tank warfare, and the tank is dead. This can also be a mission kill if the enemy is advancing on a position.

Firepower kills destroy the tank's gun, in a variety of ways. You can hit the side or rear of the turret with most tank guns - including the 2A46M - and disable the enemy tank's gun, especially if you are using advanced ammunition. ATGMs (which CAN be fired from the 2A46M https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M119 ) can also do the job.

A catastrophic kill is when you get a really good hit, or after already disabling the tank in other ways. These are the blowing off turrets, smoking out the crew you see on TV/YT. You do these by hitting the ammo or fuel storage. The Americans and their DU shells got a lot of these kills against the Iraqi's Soviet tanks, who employed bad tactics, and didn't even have ERA.

Iran's APS is of the more well established "soft kill" type, jamming or blinding enemy ATGMs. Look at the below T-72 equipment on the turret, especially the tall emitter, and the 2 black boxes on either side of the gun barrel in the second photo (they look very Shtora-y to me).

13.jpg

30js5zm.jpg

And Iran has said it has equipped M60s with anti-TOW jamming system. Early TOWs are prone to IR jamming (technical discussion here) and modern TOWs are wireless and therefore prone to jamming.

In any case, I doubt the usefulness of a Trophy-like APS. Tanks MUST be accompanied by infantry (especially to weed out ATGM teams), and firing shotguns in the presence is opening you up to friendly fire. And I don't care what Rafael says, you wouldn't say your own products flaws if you're trying to sell it.

Last edited:
Because neither me, you, or anyone on this forum or on fucking Wikipedia can have any solid information on the engine of the Zulfiqar-3. It's a prototype of an extremely secretive military that barely publishes any information, there is no way we can know anything. Even the claims about the suspension are rubbish since we have not seen the Z3's suspension close up. Just because it uses torsion bar suspension (probably the most common suspension type in human history) doesn't mean that suspension is taken from an M60.

As for penetrating an Abrams from the front - what blithering idiot tries to penetrate an Abrams from the front with ANYTHING? Even if you use a Leapord 2 or an ATGM you are making your job unnecessarily difficult. A military commander who makes it his aim to attack tanks from the front is leading his men to suicide. Any skilled tank crew will aim to get different types of shots on an enemy.

There are 4 different ways to get kills in tank warfare.

Smart crews will get a mobility kill by disabling the tank's tracks or engine. You do this in modern tank warfare, and the tank is dead. This can also be a mission kill if the enemy is advancing on a position.

Firepower kills destroy the tank's gun, in a variety of ways. You can hit the side or rear of the turret with most tank guns - including the 2A46M - and disable the enemy tank's gun, especially if you are using advanced ammunition. ATGMs (which CAN be fired from the 2A46M https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M119 ) can also do the job.

A catastrophic kill is when you get a really good hit, or after already disabling the tank in other ways. These are the blowing off turrets, smoking out the crew you see on TV/YT. You do these by hitting the ammo or fuel storage. The Americans and their DU shells got a lot of these kills against the Iraqi's Soviet tanks, who employed bad tactics, and didn't even have ERA.

Iran's APS is of the more well established "soft kill" type, jamming or blinding enemy ATGMs. Look at the below T-72 equipment on the turret, especially the tall emitter, and the 2 black boxes on either side of the gun barrel in the second photo (they look very Shtora-y to me).

13.jpg

30js5zm.jpg

And Iran has said it has equipped M60s with anti-TOW jamming system. Early TOWs are prone to IR jamming (technical discussion here) and modern TOWs are wireless and therefore prone to jamming.

In any case, I doubt the usefulness of a Trophy-like APS. Tanks MUST be accompanied by infantry (especially to weed out ATGM teams), and firing shotguns in the presence is opening you up to friendly fire. And I don't care what Rafael says, you wouldn't say your own products flaws if you're trying to sell it.

Of course you can penetrate an Abrams from the front, a LAHAT ATGM will be good enough
Also, IMI (Israel) and Ordnance Enterprise (Switzerland) developed a 140mm cannon, its sabot shell can penetrate 1 meter of RHA, over enough to penetrate an Abrams, which will be implemented on the Mk4, and maybe the FMCV series in the next few years.

"Smart crews will get a mobility kill by disabling the tank's tracks or engine. You do this in modern tank warfare, and the tank is dead. This can also be a mission kill if the enemy is advancing on a position."
Tracks on the Merkava? maybe
Engine? no.
First of all, there is a lot of armor in the front, even though the Engine is in the front.
Second of all, there are 2 more armor plates before anything could reach the engine
Tracks can be easily fixed, matter of a hour or so.

I know missiles can be fired from the 2A46M, but are useless against the Merkava, armor wise and APS wise.

"A catastrophic kill is when you get a really good hit, or after already disabling the tank in other ways. These are the blowing off turrets, smoking out the crew you see on TV/YT. You do these by hitting the ammo or fuel storage. The Americans and their DU shells got a lot of these kills against the Iraqi's Soviet tanks, who employed bad tactics, and didn't even have ERA."
Again, the Merkava is already confirmed the most protected tank in the world, armor and APS wise.
Hell, Hezbollah fired a lot of ATGMs against the Israelis in 2006, destroying only 3 Merkavas, none of them were Mk4, before the Trophy.

"Iran's APS is of the more well established "soft kill" type, jamming or blinding enemy ATGMs. Look at the below T-72 equipment on the turret, especially the tall emitter, and the 2 black boxes on either side of the gun barrel in the second photo (they look very Shtora-y to me)."
This might be just a radar, I cannot find anything about Iranian APS in the internet.

"And Iran has said it has equipped M60s with anti-TOW jamming system. Early TOWs are prone to IR jamming (technical discussion here) and modern TOWs are wireless and therefore prone to jamming."
That's easily prevented by coded IR flare. this makes it immune to IR jammers
And also, the second thing you said is bullshit.
TOW stands for Tube-launched, optically-tracked, *WIRE*-guided.
So its completely resistant to jamming.

"
In any case, I doubt the usefulness of a Trophy-like APS. Tanks MUST be accompanied by infantry (especially to weed out ATGM teams), and firing shotguns in the presence is opening you up to friendly fire. And I don't care what Rafael says, you wouldn't say your own products flaws if you're trying to sell it."
Why would troops need to accompany a tank with APS against ATGM troops?
Anyways, you can be 10 meters away from the tank and you'll be safe.

Back
Top Bottom