What's new

Featured Zulfi Bukhari resigns as PM's aide over allegations in Ring Road scam case

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Zulfi Bukhari resigns as PM's aide over allegations in Ring Road scam case
Dawn.comPublished May 17, 2021 - Updated about an hour ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

PM's aide Zulfi Bukhari. — APP/File

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfi Bukhari has resigned from his position over the allegations levelled against him in the Rawalpindi Ring Road (RRR) project scam, he announced on Monday.
In a series of tweets, Bukhari said he was stepping down until his name was cleared of "any allegations and media’s obnoxious lies" regarding the case.

He recalled Prime Minister Imran Khan as saying that "if a person has been named rightly or wrongly in any inquiry he should cease to hold any public office till his name has been cleared of charges."
"Owing to the allegations in ongoing Ring Road inquiry I want to set this example by resigning from office until my name is cleared up of any allegations and media’s obnoxious lies," he wrote.
The premier's aide reiterated that he had "nothing to do" with the Ring Road or any other ongoing real estate project. "This time the inquiry should be done by capable personnel, I endorse a judicial inquiry," he said.
"I’m here to stay in Pakistan and stand united with the Prime Minister and his vision," Bukhari stressed. "I sacrificed my life overseas to come and serve my country, I am ready to face any inquiry."
On Saturday, Prime Minister Imran ordered a full-fledged inquiry into the RRR project scam after which the Punjab government decided to send the case to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) or the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for thorough investigation.
The decisions were taken as two fact-finding reports — one by the Rawalpindi commissioner and the other by the deputy commissioner — landed at the prime minister office, with the second report hinting that the project had been realigned with the approval of Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and his finance adviser Dr Salman Shah.
However, the PML-N demanded action against the relevant authorities for approving the ring road’s realignment, asserting that neither Chief Minister Buzdar and Prime Minister Imran nor "direct beneficiaries" such as cabinet members Ghulam Sarwar Khan and Bukhari should be exempted.
PML-N deputy secretary general Attaullah Tarar had alleged that both Bukhari and Khan had received huge financial benefits through the ring road project because their lands were near the project.
It was alleged that the length of the road was increased to give way to housing societies patronised by some local politicians and the original map of the ring road was changed and more new roads were added to it.
However, some sources said there were no changes in the project as the Punjab Public Private Authority under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Buzdar had approved the alignment.
On the other hand, another official of the district administration said some changes were made in the original route approved by the Punjab government. He said a 100-year-old banyan tree in Rawat was used to justify the rerouting of the ring road which was followed by saving of an elected public representative’s land from the route.

I really respect this about most of the PTI guys. When under investigation they step down. I think Vadwa was the exception, but he seems very much one of those shameless dodgy sorts.

Just to play as a devil's advocate, Vawda was not accused of financial kick back or embezzlement of public funds.

I'd reserve words like 'shameless dodgy sorts' for a person like Rana Sanaullah who is accused of multiple murders even by his own party members.

In previous governments sitting PM could be accused of looting plundering and that shameless ogre would not budge from his position.

With PTI every minister who is accused immediately resigns or is made to resign. Honestly IK is far too good for a corrupt country like Pakistan. Pakistanis deserve to be ruled by the likes of Nawaz and Zardari

It's a shame someone like him got to a position that he has in the first place. No person with any positive connections to vile people like ammar nakshwani should play any part in the pakistani government.

It's a shame someone like him got to a position that he has in the first place. No person with any positive connections to vile people like ammar nakshwani should play any part in the pakistani government.
Do we need to justify people and public office holders on the basis of the sect? . He is not running away like Nawaz and Company.

Zulfi Bukhari resigns as PM's aide over allegations in Ring Road scam case
Dawn.comPublished May 17, 2021 - Updated about an hour ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

PM's aide Zulfi Bukhari. — APP/File's aide Zulfi Bukhari. — APP/File

Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfi Bukhari has resigned from his position over the allegations levelled against him in the Rawalpindi Ring Road (RRR) project scam, he announced on Monday.
In a series of tweets, Bukhari said he was stepping down until his name was cleared of "any allegations and media’s obnoxious lies" regarding the case.

He recalled Prime Minister Imran Khan as saying that "if a person has been named rightly or wrongly in any inquiry he should cease to hold any public office till his name has been cleared of charges."
"Owing to the allegations in ongoing Ring Road inquiry I want to set this example by resigning from office until my name is cleared up of any allegations and media’s obnoxious lies," he wrote.
The premier's aide reiterated that he had "nothing to do" with the Ring Road or any other ongoing real estate project. "This time the inquiry should be done by capable personnel, I endorse a judicial inquiry," he said.
"I’m here to stay in Pakistan and stand united with the Prime Minister and his vision," Bukhari stressed. "I sacrificed my life overseas to come and serve my country, I am ready to face any inquiry."
On Saturday, Prime Minister Imran ordered a full-fledged inquiry into the RRR project scam after which the Punjab government decided to send the case to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) or the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for thorough investigation.
The decisions were taken as two fact-finding reports — one by the Rawalpindi commissioner and the other by the deputy commissioner — landed at the prime minister office, with the second report hinting that the project had been realigned with the approval of Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and his finance adviser Dr Salman Shah.
However, the PML-N demanded action against the relevant authorities for approving the ring road’s realignment, asserting that neither Chief Minister Buzdar and Prime Minister Imran nor "direct beneficiaries" such as cabinet members Ghulam Sarwar Khan and Bukhari should be exempted.
PML-N deputy secretary general Attaullah Tarar had alleged that both Bukhari and Khan had received huge financial benefits through the ring road project because their lands were near the project.
It was alleged that the length of the road was increased to give way to housing societies patronised by some local politicians and the original map of the ring road was changed and more new roads were added to it.
However, some sources said there were no changes in the project as the Punjab Public Private Authority under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Buzdar had approved the alignment.
On the other hand, another official of the district administration said some changes were made in the original route approved by the Punjab government. He said a 100-year-old banyan tree in Rawat was used to justify the rerouting of the ring road which was followed by saving of an elected public representative’s land from the route.
Wow, kitnay naik hain zulfi. Many like him are worthy of jail or even death squads if justice is truly served to these musheeran e waqt.

Do not worry he will be appointed to some other post/position. This is the way PTI works. Loot, resign and be reappointed to some other position/ministry.

Potians then start praising that look he resigned. No one did this in the previous government. Potians are even worst than Patwaris.
Do we need to justify people and public office holders on the basis of the sect? . He is not running away like Nawaz and Company.

Don't worry. He will run away.

Look if you are a known associate of ammar nakshwani then you don't belong in government regardless of what sect you are. You can't hold connections to such vile individuals and introduce them to the PM. It casts a question mark whether Zulfi holds similar views to nakshwani. Nakshwani regularly insults sahaba yet he got invited to Pakistan even though the sahaba are held in high esteem in the eyes of most pakistanis. That is ridiculous. Anyone who is friends with such people is not trustworthy.

Similar to if a pakistani politician was associating with BJP people or hardcore afghan nationalists or ISIS people etc...

Back
Top Bottom