What's new

Featured Zulfi Bukhari resigns as PM's aide over allegations in Ring Road scam case

Zulfi Bukhari resigns as PM's aide over allegations in Ring Road scam case
Dawn.comPublished May 17, 2021 - Updated about an hour ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

PM's aide Zulfi Bukhari. — APP/File's aide Zulfi Bukhari. — APP/File

PM's aide Zulfi Bukhari. — APP/File
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfi Bukhari has resigned from his position over the allegations levelled against him in the Rawalpindi Ring Road (RRR) project scam, he announced on Monday.
In a series of tweets, Bukhari said he was stepping down until his name was cleared of "any allegations and media’s obnoxious lies" regarding the case.

He recalled Prime Minister Imran Khan as saying that "if a person has been named rightly or wrongly in any inquiry he should cease to hold any public office till his name has been cleared of charges."
"Owing to the allegations in ongoing Ring Road inquiry I want to set this example by resigning from office until my name is cleared up of any allegations and media’s obnoxious lies," he wrote.
The premier's aide reiterated that he had "nothing to do" with the Ring Road or any other ongoing real estate project. "This time the inquiry should be done by capable personnel, I endorse a judicial inquiry," he said.
"I’m here to stay in Pakistan and stand united with the Prime Minister and his vision," Bukhari stressed. "I sacrificed my life overseas to come and serve my country, I am ready to face any inquiry."
On Saturday, Prime Minister Imran ordered a full-fledged inquiry into the RRR project scam after which the Punjab government decided to send the case to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) or the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for thorough investigation.
The decisions were taken as two fact-finding reports — one by the Rawalpindi commissioner and the other by the deputy commissioner — landed at the prime minister office, with the second report hinting that the project had been realigned with the approval of Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and his finance adviser Dr Salman Shah.
However, the PML-N demanded action against the relevant authorities for approving the ring road’s realignment, asserting that neither Chief Minister Buzdar and Prime Minister Imran nor "direct beneficiaries" such as cabinet members Ghulam Sarwar Khan and Bukhari should be exempted.
PML-N deputy secretary general Attaullah Tarar had alleged that both Bukhari and Khan had received huge financial benefits through the ring road project because their lands were near the project.
It was alleged that the length of the road was increased to give way to housing societies patronised by some local politicians and the original map of the ring road was changed and more new roads were added to it.
However, some sources said there were no changes in the project as the Punjab Public Private Authority under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Buzdar had approved the alignment.
On the other hand, another official of the district administration said some changes were made in the original route approved by the Punjab government. He said a 100-year-old banyan tree in Rawat was used to justify the rerouting of the ring road which was followed by saving of an elected public representative’s land from the route.
One of IMRANS biggest mistakes is bringing ppls like Bukhari into state affairs thinking them as fresh blood but not understanding the situation in Pakistan where!
PAPJONES rules and croupts all to get what PAPJONES needs? As the real rulers of pakistan it's been a few days when imran realised he been sent in wromg directions by papajones and nawaz was right that its the PAPJONES who is the biggest problem of Pakistan not any politicians ?

Specifically his office helped me with a foreign currency account and State Bank that was sending me through the loops.
Well then that's it, you heard it here first folks.
I opened a foreign currency account in isb and Lahore, it really wasn't that difficult. I didn't need any intervention. I'm a nobody to. So your point is

The problem is every country has a core around which everything else gravitates. The core can be a political party like the Chinese CCP, the coroprate/industrial/military complex as in USA etc. Only countries like Somalia, Afghanistan don't have that and you see the intercine warfare that goes on in those countries.

For the core to exist it must have consensus and be large enough to draw traction. In Pakistan the problem is political parties do not conform to the core as no national consensus exists.

For instance PML-N is now just a North Punjab interest group, PPP is just a interior Sindh interest group and same for rest. Thus there is vacuam at the national level and this is where the military seeps in.
Well then that's it, you heard it here first folks.
I opened a foreign currency account in isb and Lahore, it really wasn't that difficult. I didn't need any intervention. I'm a nobody to. So your point is
His office was prompt and helped out. Which is rare for most government departments in Pakistan. I action with his office was positive. You asked me and I gave you a reply. What you want?

The problem is every country has a core around which everything else gravitates. The core can be a political party like the Chinese CCP, the coroprate/industrial/military complex as in USA etc. Only countries like Somalia, Afghanistan don't have that and you see the intercine warfare that goes on in those countries.

For the core to exist it must have consensus and be large enough to draw traction. In Pakistan the problem is political parties do not conform to the core as no national consensus exists.

For instance PML-N is now just a North Punjab interest group, PPP is just a interior Sindh interest group and same for rest. Thus there is vacuam at the national level and this is where the military seeps in.
His office was prompt and helped out. Which is rare for most government departments in Pakistan. I action with his office was positive. You asked me and I gave you a reply. What you want?
Sorry you are wrongly justifying a croupt qabza mafia which killed the ideology of Iqbal and Jinnah!
Who the hell are they selling Pakistan at their dam will?
Who killed , shamed Fatima Jinnah, Liaqat Ali Khan and who took the power and became so called filed Marshall?
Who started brutal operations in, BD, baluchistan, Karachi, FATA? WHO gave the dam permissions to NATO drones?
Who let the OBL drama happened and took the prize money?
Who let the Ramon Davis fly away with out any punishment ?
Will that ever happened in China?, India or even the USA,uk ?
Go chcek how many genrals and CIA heads were fired by TRUMP?
How many Chinese genrals or indian genrals have Thier families becoming US citizens EVN they themselves are in uniform?
or let's see how many of EU, US, UAE ambasdor go and meet Chinese. Indian genrals a day bypassing the top leadership?
Ppls like you who were taught a fake patriotic lessons are the reasons why a super, country like Pakistan is begging to IMF, and bowing to FATAF cause all the money and wealth been sent to USA from the papajones and it's heads sitting in pentagon ?
Time has come, to mark the blacksheeps and call them out its the only way forward?
Right now, even a kid in Pakistan knows 73 years Pakistans defence budgets been looted on the name of fighting india and letting poor Kashmiris been sold fake dreams?
And suddenly now, PAPAJONES wants friendship with India. Bowing down to the most racist govt on earth and presenting Modi govt the heads of innocent kashmiris ?
Who wanted to accept Israel?
How come kamran khan started preaching peace with ISrael?
You and your pentagon pupet PAPAJONES thinks 2.3b people's are fool?
Imrans fame used to bring him to the power assuming imran doesnt really know well about politics and will be fooled like Bhutto then will be blamed and slammed like Bhutto, BB, NAWAZ ?
sorry your story might be sold a decade ago, but not now as whole Pakistan knows well who is papajones just watch they think they. Have the power, and we think only powerfull is just almighty Allaha !
Just wait let papajones play it's last move and you will see imran with the help of allaha, sending them to hell forever!
Go preach your 3rd class stuff to ppls sitting on tea stalls but not here my friend!

Last edited:
Sorry you are wrongly justifying a croupt qabza mafia which killed the ideology of Iqbal and Jinnah!
Which is?

Liaqat Ali Khan
He was a traitor and deserved that bullet. And the army took over 1958. The civilians plundering the country from death of Jinnah onwards and could not even hold general election over 10 years. In fact 1970 was the FIRST general election in Pakistan.

Fatima Jinnah
What was so special about her? Is Pakistan a monarchy where sister, brother, son etc has entitlement to public office?

Back
Top Bottom