Pakistan
Zindagi channel to discontinue Pak shows: Zee head Subhash Chandra
By PTI | 24 Sep, 2016, 17:31 hrs IST
Whatsapp
Facebook
Twitter
gplus
email

MUMBAI: Zindagi channel, which syndicates content from countries such as Pakistan, Egypt and Turkey, will stop airing Pakistani TV shows, its chairman Subhash Chandra said today.

Calling Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's speech at the United Nations General Assembly, "unfortunate", he said artistes from the country should also leave India immediately.

"Unfortunate stance of Mia Sharif at UN. Zee is considering stopping Zindgi programs from Pak, as well artists from there should leave," Chandra tweeted.

Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) launched Zindagi in 2014. The channel has aired many notable Pakistani television shows such as "Aunn Zara", "Humsafar", "Kitni Girhain Baaki Hain", "Maat" and Zindagi Gulzar Hai, which have been well-received in India.

Chandra's tweet comes after the Raj Thackeray-led MNS asked Pakistani artistes like Fawad and Mahira Khan to leave India immediately, failing which the shooting of their movies will be stalled.

The party has written an open letter to Bollywood producers and production houses, asking them why they need to rope in actors from the neighbouring country when enough talent is available in India.

Actors like Mahira Khan (featuring in Shah Rukh Khan- starrer 'Raees') and "Ae Dil Hai Mushkil" star Fawad are hijacking the opportunities of Indian artistes, MNS General Secretary Shalini Thackeray had said.
http://m.economictimes.com/magazine...head-subhash-chandra/articleshow/54497792.cms
@django @The Sandman @Moonlight @PaklovesTurkiye @EAK @User

Time to do the same in Pak than. :-)
Hope our actors in india see this

But your besharam people will never stop watching bollywood movies and serials. Habits die hard. They will watch Indian movies through pirated DVDs.

Lol coming from a Indian, who's country is obsessed over Pakistani content let it be anywhere take this forum for example or youtube Pakistani dramas,music,talk shows, tv shows ANYTHING ..

and btw no body watches Indian dramas anymore, they're dead in Pakistan.. and soon the Bollywood would be too if our Supreme courts bans it and I'd also appreciate if India bans Pakistani actors from working in India.. they should work in Pakistan and contribute to Pak industry..

Why our government can't ban these sub standard Bollywood movies or here is even a better solution. Impose 2x times higher tax on Indian movies that way it will discourage people and will make government more money and part of that money should be spent on our Film industry which has been doing well lately.

I am hoping to see similar reciprocity from our end...even though I know there is a very power lobby which always supports screening Bollywood movies in theaters.
Basically the people of Pakistan should take it to the streets and protest against screening of any indian content in cinemas and on the cable networks. I don't know what are govt policies but people can force the govt to make rules for banning all of the Indian content comprehensively. As an individual, I never watched any of Indian movies despite having Indian friends.

But your besharam people will never stop watching bollywood movies and serials. Habits die hard. They will watch Indian movies through pirated DVDs.

Well indian drama's are almost dead now.. their ratings are the lowest of the dacade due to Pak's own drama revival and entry of turkish serials..and Bollywood is in serious trouble because of copied idocy of Hollywood.. sooo nothing much their for ur empty chest thumping..

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically the people of Pakistan should take it to the streets and protest against screening of any indian content in cinemas and on the cable networks. I don't know what are govt policies but people can force the govt to make rules for banning all of the Indian content comprehensively. As an individual, I never watched any of Indian movies despite having Indian friends.

To be honest with you as one of my close friend always says when it comes to our people or awaam forcing things on Govt is:

"Yaara bari hi khassi qom hogayi hey"

And I am always of the opinion that we as a qom have lot of sabr...I just had a heated debate with him a few says ago where we talked about WHY THE PUBLIC didn't went to theater AS A DUTY to watch movie MAALIK....

Back
Top Bottom