What's new

Zhuhai 2018

Are you suggesting that the PL-20 has a smaller profile than the PL-10 but a greater range?

I am not suggesting anything, but there are much more possibilities, much more combinations, depending on what the targets are.

Care to explain your post or where did I abuse my moderator privileges by forcing anyone?? I only noted that I strongly disagree with @Horus in his opinion that not even the pilots would "have a clue about how far this jet can be pushed" since "training has barely started".

Do you really think the PLAAF would have introduced this type already after several years of testing and show it at a public airshow if the pilots would not know what this aircraft can do?? In fact it is plain wrong: Training has not just started yet but maybe operational service. No airforce would fly an untested aircraft at a public display. I'm 100% for sure - and IMO that's common sense - that the PLAAF and these pilots know their aircraft and its performance but also limitations quite well.

If that disagreement alone is some sort of abuse I'm not sure how you define a forum with discussions?

Ok. But then, where is your story about Zhuhai? You went there, and now you owe us a lot of stories about your journey there.

Ok. But then, where is your story about Zhuhai? You went there, and now you owe us a lot of stories about your journey there.

A brief news report on the J-20 will be published soon within the next two days, a longer report follows in the AFM a bit later ... and here I must admit you need a bit more patience since currently at school there is too much to do.

But yes, I will do.

A brief news report on the J-20 will be published soon within the next two days, a longer report follows in the AFM a bit later ... and here I must admit you need a bit more patience since currently at school there is too much to do.

But yes, I will do.

At least tell us about your journey, Deino :)

The only point i was raising was that test Pilots are prohibited to push the envelope on the test examples for safety reasons. The Pilots are still getting used to the new aircraft. It takes time before they're allowed to safely perform dangerous maneuvers because airshow crashes are very embarrassing.

For instance, the J-10s are now allowed to perform full throttle maneuvers only after years of training.

With this I fully agree ... and it was never my intention to offend you, I only wanted to point out, that the PLAAF and the test pilots IMO quite surely know what this aircraft can do; but if they were allowed to show so is a different question.

No problem.

We created this forum for an intelligent discourse. I don't claim to be an expert on aviation. Just an observer.

With this I fully agree ... and it was never my intention to offend you, I only wanted to point out, that the PLAAF and the test pilots IMO quite surely know what this aircraft can do; but if they were allowed to show so is a different question.

Interviews with Yang Wei as well as the one of the combat pilots who flew at a zhuhai confirm that there were restrictions placed by senior leaders for the demonstration.

Interviews with Yang Wei as well as the one of the combat pilots who flew at a zhuhai confirm that there were restrictions placed by senior leaders for the demonstration.

Even if there were no restrictions, those fancy tight turns would not make much sense for a high-speed, stealth fighter (I am excluding F-35 here as it is pretty sluggish and shows energy bleeding in maneuvers from time to time).

Before I saw the J-20 display in Airshow Zhuhai 2018, I had been already amazed by its high energy sustainability in various maneuvers. I think supersonic maneuvers and high energy sustainability are more important to J-20 than those tight turns.

Even if there were no restrictions, those fancy tight turns would not make much sense for a high-speed, stealth fighter (I am excluding F-35 here as it is pretty sluggish and shows energy bleeding in maneuvers from time to time).

Before I saw the J-20 display in Airshow Zhuhai 2018, I had been already amazed by its high energy sustainability in various maneuvers. I think supersonic maneuvers and high energy sustainability are more important to J-20 than those tight turns.

F-35A in its current form is more maneuverable than the AL-31 variant equipped J-20 by the virtual of higher thrust, shorter length, and comparable lift enhancements through lift body/LEX. You should checkout F-35's performance at the Paris Airshow in 2017 where it performed the falling leaf maneuver and rapid turns with full afterburner.

J-20 was closing the weapon bays
67c53c97gy1fx6pgrayjsj20xc69snpf.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom