Zen-sation: China, India Team-up to Shoot Epic Buddhist Blockbuster

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

19:27 28.04.2016

China hopes that the first Chinese-Indian adventure film "Xuanzang," based on the journey of a Buddhist monk who travelled across India for 17 years, will be a hit both at home and in India.

"Xuanzang" is an upcoming historical adventure film that depicts a 7th century monk's tough overland journey in India from where he brought the teachings of Buddhism to China.

1038782061.jpg

Scene from Xuan Zang trailer

Beijing is hopeful that the movie will achieve success and encourage filmmakers in both countries to join hands to make world-class movies.

"We hope the movie does well. If these two big countries work together, then I believe more qualified movies could be made not only for the Asian market but for the world market," Yan Ni, director at the Asian Affairs Division in China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and TV, told IANS.

"Xuanzang" is a product of a joint production agreement between India and China signed during the visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2014, along with "Kung Fu Yoga" and "Lost in India," starring actors from both countries.

1038782376.jpg

"Co-production is based on the willingness of both sides. We hope to invite Indian movie professionals to shoot in China. It will also help Indian viewers understand China better. I am sure that there is lot of natural beauty in China," Yan Ni said.

"Xuanzang," directed by Huo Jianqi, was shot in both India and China. The film features Bollywood actor Sonu Sood who plays King Harsh during the rule of monk Xuanzang, played by Huang Xiaoming, who travelled to India and studied there for 17 years. "Xuanzang" is scheduled for release on April 29, 2016.

19:27 28.04.2016

China hopes that the first Chinese-Indian adventure film "Xuanzang," based on the journey of a Buddhist monk who travelled across India for 17 years, will be a hit both at home and in India.

"Xuanzang" is an upcoming historical adventure film that depicts a 7th century monk's tough overland journey in India from where he brought the teachings of Buddhism to China.

1038782061.jpg

Beijing is hopeful that the movie will achieve success and encourage filmmakers in both countries to join hands to make world-class movies.

"We hope the movie does well. If these two big countries work together, then I believe more qualified movies could be made not only for the Asian market but for the world market," Yan Ni, director at the Asian Affairs Division in China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and TV, told IANS.

"Xuanzang" is a product of a joint production agreement between India and China signed during the visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2014, along with "Kung Fu Yoga" and "Lost in India," starring actors from both countries.

1038782376.jpg

"Co-production is based on the willingness of both sides. We hope to invite Indian movie professionals to shoot in China. It will also help Indian viewers understand China better. I am sure that there is lot of natural beauty in China," Yan Ni said.

"Xuanzang," directed by Huo Jianqi, was shot in both India and China. The film features Bollywood actor Sonu Sood who plays King Harsh during the rule of monk Xuanzang, played by Huang Xiaoming, who travelled to India and studied there for 17 years. "Xuanzang" is scheduled for release on April 29, 2016.
i will just watch it for bombshell actress :whistle:

He lived as a state guest in the court of Harsha at Kannauj and took part in Shastartha (religious debates) with Hindu Brahmans.

Also attended the grand assembly at Parayag (Allahabad).His account is an important source of Indian history.

you don't know her ! ! :o: she is indian. Neha sharma ! ! she was South Indian movie actress before.
Hmm looked up wikipedia, she is from bihar not south india. More closer to bangladesh than to my place.

Xuanzang = Hiuen tsang

I remember in my history class how I was made fun of because I could not pronounce his name ... #childhoodmemories

@TaiShang

Remember this TV series ? It was a massive hit in Japan and Sri Lanka in the 80's.. Based on the epic journey to the west.. I think this movie is also based on that

No. The Journey to the West is a fictional classic drama which some loose reference to Xuanzang. This movie is likely to depict historical fact, record by Xuanzang and won't carry any of the monkey king character or his Xuanang's demon disciplines. It's going to stay true to historical facts as Xuanzang is a real character. True story.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom