What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
want to stop discussing on a discussion based forum ?

you should discuss...look at yeti's comments on this thread on the same point again and again...and again..this is annoying..this is not the way of discussion.

you should discuss...look at yeti's comments on this thread on the same point again and again...and again..this is annoying..this is not the way of discussion.
everyone has a right to put his opinion their is nothing wrong in it .

Censorship only creates misinformation and insecurity. We as a people are so oversensitive for this very reason. People burn and destroy property in riots over things that should make no difference to their lives. In the end, over a slight committed by someone sitting in an air conditioned room in New York or London, some poor Pakistani shop owner ends up losing his whole livelihood. Then who is the real monster, a misinformed society capable of great damage or an internet warrior with nothing better to do?

I am not saying such videos and websites are not offensive; in actuality I don't watch any videos or read any articles of this type because I do find them extremely offensive, but that is a decision I consciously make. At the same time, if I am unfortunate enough to have seen content that is offensive to me, it does not send me into a frenzied and murderous state. The government only promotes the irrational anger our people display at times like these, by banning websites and everything else in sight. The public often doesn't have the slightest idea about what they are raging and after destroying the property of their own countrymen, Pakistanis end up playing into the hands of those that insult our nation and religion.

We, as a nation, should accept the views of others and move on with our own lives. If that is not an option, then saner minds should counter misguided opinions with cold, hard facts. Instead we hurry to stifle and put a veil over inconvenient situations. It has created a nation of overly sensitive and insecure people and it is unfortunate. For a vague example, so much on this website is extremely offensive to Americans, yet I doubt they have banned this site and prevented the whole nation from viewing it. Instead Americans actively participate on this forum and try to dispel notions they believe are unwarranted. People should be empowered to make their own decisions; we should sway opinions by providing the correct knowledge, not by blocking out the perceived wrongs without explanation.

lol buddy my point is the same there was always videos on Youtube mocking other religions, Islam was no exception so why this movie caused the ban? due to the media spotlight.

Youtube delivers the video which the user searches.. not the other way ,its been learned.

It was fine if that was so simple. But YouTube has published that video in the front page since last week so you don't have to search it. Just visit the youtube.com and the first video is that (in a way it encourages you to watch that video)

In democratic countries, the view of majority prevails. Pakistanis are happy after seeing YouTube being blocked in Pakistan. this is our way of protest and the masses agree with it. Freedom can go to hell if the public is happy with it.

you said what i just felt now .... thx

They are idiots, the video is made in USA and the protesters would be busy burning tyres and buildings in Pakistan.

In Karachi protestors insisted they were being peaceful 'until' police used excessive force on them.
Police just didnt take any chance and dispersed the rally 2 kilometers before reaching the counsolate..

In my opinion 'peaceful' protest is peoples right..
And USA must use their influence on the internet in a mindful way so as to not provoke anti american sentiments..
On one hand USA has a universal policy of keeping the internet free of censorship and state control,on the other hand just about every provocative and offensive internet content originates from USA and hosted on American websites..
This is misuse if internet IMO,and countries are entitled to take steps for avoiding public disorder,which in Pakistanls case was to block youtube for the time being ir country risked more protests.

It was fine if that was so simple. But YouTube has published that video in the front page since last week so you don't have to search it. Just visit the youtube.com and the first video is that (in a way it encourages you to watch that video)

In India , the original link along with uploaded links are banned.

Even if u want to view.. you cant in Youtube...

Dont u guys have some arrangement for that or shall i arrange some mallu from IT in bangalore to do that tweak???

Youtube and google is not working in BD. May be Youtube is blocked.

Edit:

Ok Working now....But GOB sent mail to youtube to ban that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom