What's new

YouTube blocked in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if it was up to me I would find better way to ruin their goals and make them understand that such adventures comes with heavy cost rather then protesting and wasting my time on streets and damaging my own country and yet those goons enjoy the same luxury life.

though I think this is right move, gairat mand attitude is much needed.

P.S there is no point in making these guys realize that what this whole issue matters to us because they didn't born with such values.

problem is, if somebody hurts your feelings, you might ignore it but if the same person start slapping on your face, you cannot ignore forever. YouTube putting the video on front page is not OK to most of us. They could allow the video on youtube but putting on front page and sticking it for days is insult to me.

I understand that, but insults are a part of life. If I stopped to document every time someone insulted me, I would never accomplish anything in life. When you let someones insults bother you, you are doing exactly what they want. They win. This troll is winning because people are letting him get them in a rage. It is time to be the better person and not let this guy troll. You don't see any Jewish people rioting over the fact that he not only misrepresented this film as being a Jewish sponsored film, but also claimed to be Jewish himself. Why is this? We let the video speak for itself, if someone takes a poorly dubbed, acted, and produced video as a serious threat, what is going to happen when a real challenge happens?

Take a look at this link, this movie is ten times worse than the stupid clip that was played. It is regularly played on television, yet you don't see Jewish people rioting.

Iranian film depicts Jews as money-hungry Arab-killers | The Times of Israel

This movie portrays Jewish people as being money hungry, violent, child killers. Has anyone seen me post a thread about it? No, because I don't let the misguided hate of some individuals affect my personal life. If they want to spend their time being hateful and prejudiced, that is their prerogative.

Oh so why did it take you this long to block it? when there was similar videos on Mohamed before

we have not seen those videos..if you have seen .kindly send those links to PTA...they ll block those as well.

Personally I have no issues with this ban if it's just a temporary measure to prevent violence. But there should not be any violence in first place. There are tons of other offensive materials on the internet if you look for it. I don't know why do some Muslims get flared up so easily.

Google still fetches other video sources that has the same content.. neXt is google? Afterall google owns Youtube.

I would be fine with the video if it was searchable by the link and YouTube had no say in it. I have a problem when it's being shown on the front page just to hurt the feelings of Muslims all over the world. It is a deliberate attempt and cannot be ignored just like that

I do not care if your Govt is banning YT may I also suggest FB there is material on there too why not just ban google all together?

Should our govt take decisions as per you suggestions???? Do we owe you this???? Move on we would our decisions as per our free will....what to ban and what not!

You Tube didn't remove a video which hurt the sentiments of millions even after requests..... their choice .... their right!
Govt blocks You Tube..... Their Choice ..... Their right!

Thats some hard words for Asim.. Im sure he wasnt expecting to get over that petty debate that day.. Cool down Adios.

Sparky you very well know for whom those hard words were intended....don't kid yourself!

Buddy even before this movie was made there was video's on Mohamed why did nobody say nothing or start riots before? just because this flick got the media spotlight nothing else.

absolutely my point ,their are many such videos their but not everyone has such impact ,idk it was media or ppl of social networking sites who made it popular but the right thing will be making this video banned from the source in itself(yt) , we should not give any more mullahs another reason to burn public property and creating violence.

completely banning yt is insane. it would be like completly banning defence.pk for that assam violence.

we have not seen those videos..if you have seen .kindly send those links to PTA...they ll block those as well.

That would be impossible, much like any religion, there are tons of negative videos. It doesn't matter what religion you are, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, even athiests, all groups have offensive videos against them, it's nothing new.

until & unless we develop an alternative broadcasting/social channel we will remain at the mercy of such incidents forever -- banning a site in pakistan which is informative aswell is not the answer -- an alternate system shouldve been set up 2 years back

I would be fine with the video if it was searchable by the link and YouTube had no say in it. I have a problem when it's being shown on the front page just to hurt the feelings of Muslims all over the world. It is a deliberate attempt and cannot be ignored just like that

Youtube delivers the video which the user searches.. not the other way ,its been learned.

absolutely my point ,their are many such videos their but not everyone has such impact ,idk it was media or ppl of social networking sites who made it popular but the right thing will be making this video banned from the source in itself(yt) , we should not give any more mullahs another reason to burn public property and creating violence.

completely banning yt is insane. it would be like completly banning defence.pk for that assam violence.
it is not blocked in India..why indians are much worried about Pakistanis....

Should our govt take decisions as per you suggestions???? Do we owe you this???? Move on we would our decisions as per our free will....what to ban and what not!

You Tube didn't remove a video which hurt the sentiments of millions even after requests..... their choice .... their right!
Govt blocks You Tube..... Their Choice ..... Their right!

This is the point I was making whatever happened to the sentiments of the millions before this video? guess nobody cared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom