What's new

Your top ten favorite English movies of all time?

The Guns of Navarone (1961)

Where Eagles Dare (1968)

Clint Eastwood : Look, Major, this is primarily a British operation. I'm an American. I don't even know why the hell I'm here.

Richard burton : Lieutenant, you're here because you're an American. ( simply epic !)

The Bodyguard (1992)

The Firm (1993)

Dances with Wolves (1990)

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) ( wow what a movie ! 10/10)

law abiding citizens (2009)

The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)

the dark Night (2009)

batman (1991)

These are the best top 10 movies according to me;-
1 Inception
2 Black Swan
3 Resident evil after life
4 Harry Potter the deathly hallows part 2
5 Terminator
6 Final destination 5
7 Bad Teacher
8 Hancock
9 Captain America
10 SALT

Mine favourite Movies of all time are many some of them I have mention here like : Fast Five, Death Race, Rocky, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Gladiator, Troy, Tomorrow never die, Golden Eye, Immortal and Shutter Island. I like all type of movies because movies are my best entertaining thing.

1. Shawshank Redemption (prison story, the ending is mind blowing),
2. Schindler's List (one of the best portrayal of holocaust),
3. The Good, the bad and the ugly (The man with no name, no need to say anymore),
4. Silence of the Lambs (Oscar for just 17 minutes of Acting by Anthony Hopkins, AFI No.1 Villain ),
5. The Dark Knight ( one of the best psychologically appealing movie of our time),
6. Bourne Ultimatum (real life assassin, awesome fight sequences),
7. The Prestige (Christopher Nolan's work on intense rivalry between two magicians)
8. The Godfather II (Robert de Niro / Al Pacino, you can't pick who acted better )
9. Philadelphia (Tom Hanks at his best)
10. A Beautiful Mind (who can forget Russel Crowe's portrayal of Noble Prize Winner Prof. John Nash)

1. Shawshank Redemption (prison story, the ending is mind blowing),
2. Schindler's List (one of the best portrayal of holocaust),
3. The Good, the bad and the ugly (The man with no name, no need to say anymore),
4. Silence of the Lambs (Oscar for just 17 minutes of Acting by Anthony Hopkins, AFI No.1 Villain ),
5. The Dark Knight ( one of the best psychologically appealing movie of our time),
6. Bourne Ultimatum (real life assassin, awesome fight sequences),
7. The Prestige (Christopher Nolan's work on intense rivalry between two magicians)
8. The Godfather II (Robert de Niro / Al Pacino, you can't pick who acted better )
9. Philadelphia (Tom Hanks at his best)
10. A Beautiful Mind (who can forget Russel Crowe's portrayal of Noble Prize Winner Prof. John Nash)

Bourne series was so different that it brought a paradigm shift in Bond movies. That is why I call Daniel Craig 'James Bourne'.

Bourne series was so different that it brought a paradigm shift in Bond movies. That is why I call Daniel Craig 'James Bourne'.
Yeah....rightly said.
If you have read the novel and if you watch this movie, you will find that this movie come close to character in book (stories are different) but the way bourne operates.....especially that chase scene of Niki Parson and assassin Dash.

Yeah....rightly said.
If you have read the novel and if you watch this movie, you will find that this movie come close to character in book (stories are different) but the way bourne operates.....especially that chase scene of Niki Parson and assassin Dash.

Also, there are no more cheesy gadgets and million dollar vehicles for one man; instead, new 'Bourne' improvises when the need arises and uses the current surveillance equipment available.

Also, there are no more cheesy gadgets and million dollar vehicles for one man; instead, new 'Bourne' improvises when the need arises and uses the current surveillance equipment available.
I hope they don't overkill in new "The Bourne Legacy"...replacing Matt Damon by Jeremy Renner will be very hard....

1-2) Sense and Sensibility (1995)

1-2) Wuthering Heights (1992)

3) Pulp Fiction

4) The Lion King (1994)

5) Pride and Prejustice

6) Godfather 1-2

7) Goodfellas

8) American History X

9) Alien (1979)

10) The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (1966)

in the war catogery i would say
the longest day
where eagles dare
von rayns express
the great escape
battle for Britain
battle of the bulge.

of other genres
12 angry men
to kill a mocking bird
roman holiday
memento
chariots of fire.

Goodfellas

American History X

are also great movies, :tup:

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

We should have genre wise top ten listing, i mean for avid movie viewers its damn hard to pick which one is best....

Goodfellas

American History X

are also great movies, :tup:

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

We should have genre wise top ten listing, i mean for avid movie viewers its damn hard to pick which one is best....

Aren't they?

The restourant scene:

Goodfellas:

What do you mean I am funny? What, I am your clown or something, hah, do you think I am a clown heh? :P

American History X Epic...

All time Favourites

1.Godfather
2.Godfather II
3.Scarface
4.Love story [1970]
5.The good the Bad and the Ugly
6.Shawshank Redemption
7.Life is Beautiful
8.Big Fish
9.Titanic
10.Rocky