What's new

Your top ten favorite English movies of all time?

10 seems to be a very small number, i have a list of movies worth a watch. Like:

Saving Private Ryan, Chaos, The Kite runner (For the story, not for acting.), Black Hawk Down, The Mechanic, The Dark Knight (Mainly the Joker, Late Sir Heath Ledger), Once upon a time in Mexico, Ghost, Rambo Series and many more.
After Hannibal Lecter acted by Anthony Hopkins, Joker by Ledger is the one of the best villain.....(watched this movie again 2 days ago, "Whatever doesn't kills you, just makes you STRANGER:triniti:")

One of the acute portrayal of Japanese soldiers and their mind set.

Primal Fear....started taking him as a good actor after this movie Edward Norton...Bollywood movie- Deewangi of Ajay Devgan based on it.
I actually do not go by the actors... hardly can remember names but that was hell of a movie.. Yes and we could also see that they were quite sucidal..

The kamikaze attacks were out of this world concept..

After Hannibal Lecter acted by Anthony Hopkins, Joker by Ledger is the one of the best villain.....(watched this movie again 2 days ago, "Whatever doesn't kills you, just makes you STRANGER:triniti:")

Joke was anything but that... the three different stories of his scars and then "Why so Serious!"

The Kite runnner, the movie is actually is not very good if you read the book IMHO.

That's why i said, for the story, NOT for acting. Waiting for 'A thousand splendid suns', portraying the roles will be even harder in this one.

And this is Chaos for you.

poster1.jpg

That's why i said, for the story, NOT for acting. Waiting for 'A thousand splendid suns', portraying the roles will be even harder in this one.

And this is Chaos for you.

poster1.jpg
The story was full of emotions or the emotions were a part of the story which could not be established as is.. so IMO the acting did reflect poorly on the story..

I will see it ASAP, ******** zindabad!

^ One should have have certain level of knowledge about Chaos....you can start with seeing the first movie "The Butterfly Effect" or wiki it for few minutes to understand the theory if you haven't read it.

Anyone fan of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.?

Some others I would like to mention are

American History X
American Beauty
The Pianist
The Lives of Others (How did I forget this)
The Departed
The Intouchables
The Secret in Their Eyes
The Great Escape
Incendies(The story is shocking)
V for Vendetta
Million Dollar Baby

Ok, now ill stop..

Back
Top Bottom