What's new

Your top ten favorite English movies of all time?

in the war catogery i would say
the longest day
where eagles dare
von rayns express
the great escape
battle for Britain
battle of the bulge.

of other genres
12 angry men
to kill a mocking bird
roman holiday
memento
chariots of fire.

What about a bridge too far? still the best (and most historically accurate) war movie in my book.

1. 12 Angry men

There are more but since it asks for only 10.. I could think of these as firsts among the best I have seen..
Great choice buddy.....nice taste in movies....

Hated Enemy at the gates....read the book years before the movie came out....they took one tiny section and basterdized it. (the book can be a dry read...covers from when the 6th Army rolled up to Stalingrad to the bitter end)

Blade
Harry Potter
John Carter
Kungfu Panda
Pirates of Caribbean
Thor
The Shooter
The Matrix
Transporter
Transformer

I could not imagine before that a movie mostly shot in a single room could blow me over! :blink:
I meant entire list, just didn't want to clutter the page....But yeah, I was skeptical about this movie but at the end I thought why I haven't seen this movie before.

Have you seen "The Man from Earth".....?

Blade
Harry Potter
John Carter
Kungfu Panda
Pirates of Caribbean
Thor
The Shooter
The Matrix
Transporter
Transformer
Kung fu Panda......... "There is no charge for Awesomeness or attractiveness " :yahoo: Loved the movie.. Second part a bit serious but good enough!

Hated Enemy at the gates....read the book years before the movie came out....they took one tiny section and basterdized it. (the book can be a dry read...covers from when the 6th Army rolled up to Stalingrad to the bitter end)
Didn't read the book but direction was good...

I meant entire list, just didn't want to clutter the page....But yeah, I was skeptical about this movie but at the end I thought why I haven't seen this movie before.

Have you seen "The Man from Earth".....?
Another one of my best ones... how can one not see that :bounce:, lets make a bollywood remake and say that person was Lord Krishan :smokin:

Couldn't resist typing about these movies.
:tup:

10 seems to be a very small number, i have a list of movies worth a watch. Like:

Saving Private Ryan, Chaos, The Kite runner (For the story, not for acting.), Black Hawk Down, The Mechanic, The Dark Knight (Mainly the Joker, Late Sir Heath Ledger), Once upon a time in Mexico, Ghost, Rambo Series and many more.

Yeah, another great movie... slaughtered Americans were..
One of the acute portrayal of Japanese soldiers and their mind set.

Primal Fear....started taking him as a good actor after this movie Edward Norton...Bollywood movie- Deewangi of Ajay Devgan based on it.

10 seems to be a very small number, i have a list of movies worth a watch. Like:

Saving Private Ryan, Chaos, The Kite runner (For the story, not for acting.), Black Hawk Down, The Mechanic, The Dark Knight (Mainly the Joker, Late Sir Heath Ledger), Once upon a time in Mexico, Ghost, Rambo Series and many more.

have not seen Chaos..

The Kite runnner, the movie is actually is not very good if you read the book IMHO.

Black hawk down, a very good movie..

Back
Top Bottom