What's new

Your opinion on Pakistani expatriates? Is it really worth living abroad or outside of Pakistan?

Is it worth living outside of Pakistan?

• Yes, it is

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • No, better to stay in Pakistan

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Don't Know/No opinion

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fayda to hai, vilayt mein rehne ka.

Naukri ke theek thaak paise, safety, skorti, bacchon ki padhai likhai ka accha intazaam and so on..

having said that, these 'traditional' factors that people used to consider are increasingly losing relevance as things improve here in the subcontinent.

I realised I didn't respond to the OP.

Is it worth living abroad? 💯

Unless you are very wealthy (elite level wealthy) it's a better quality of life. In Western Europe and Canada you have great social welfare, high quality education, no economic barriers to higher education, free healthcare, easy access to finance, law and order and high standards of quality control and governance.

There is also a fair shot at employment and plenty of work for anyone willing to work.

A mazdoor can afford a home, a family, food, clothing, education, Healthcare, cars, security. That is impossible in Pakistan. The state fails to provide these basics. The middle class and even wealthy business class of Pakistan have problems our cleaners don't even have to think about.

Also on the whole society is tolerant, these is less deciet and fraud. There are effective institutions.

I realised I didn't respond to the OP.

Is it worth living abroad? 💯

Unless you are very wealthy (elite level wealthy) it's a better quality of life. In Western Europe and Canada you have great social welfare, high quality education, no economic barriers to higher education, free healthcare, easy access to finance, law and order and high standards of quality control and governance.

There is also a fair shot at employment and plenty of work for anyone willing to work.

A mazdoor can afford a home, a family, food, clothing, education, Healthcare, cars, security. That is impossible in Pakistan. The state fails to provide these basics. The middle class and even wealthy business class of Pakistan have problems our cleaners don't even have to think about.

Also on the whole society is tolerant, these is less deciet and fraud. There are effective institutions.

My personal example. My father came here as a boy - 15. He came from extreme poverty, we were migrants from IOK from partition. He worked in factories, he ran his own shop, he drove a taxi. He had his own house here, he built 2 in Pakistan, he bought farmland, he built shops, he married off his brothers and sisters, he paid for some of thier kids weddings too.

At the same time he raised a family in the UK. We wanted for nothing, all us siblings went to university and have excellent jobs today. Alhamdulillah we live a very easy life. That is all thanks to the effort of our parents but also due to the environment provided to us in the UK so we had a shot at success.

If we had remained in our village in AJK the best we could have hoped for is to have been effective farmers or got enough education to get a job as a teacher or something else low level like that. We likely wouldn't have enough land to feed ourselves. Today I'd likely be driving a taxi in UAE to support my family in the village.

Instead I live a nawabs life full of masti. My wife is asking me to buy a robot to sweep the floor.

We should be thankful for Allah swt first and foremost.

I've only known 6 months of poverty. When I was a teenager my father had a heart attack. He was unable to work for 6 months.

During that time we got a break from the bank on mortgage payments, and the state gave us money to cover daily expenses it was enough for food and bills. We had to be very careful what we spent it on to make sure there was enough. We never paid a single medical bill and we all continued to go to school.

If that was in Pakistan, what would we have done? We'd have probably had to sell the taxi to pay for the debt from dad's medical bills. I'd have likely had to quit school to work to provide for my family whilst dad recovered.

What is your opinion on Pakistani expatriates?

That they lived a considerable portion of their lives outside Pakistan.
Is it really worth it?

When I talked to other Pakistani expatriates in our homes, usually they just care about their religion and nothing else.

Are Pakistani expatriates out of touch with their Pakistani culture or society?

Is it really worth going abroad for better opportunities, or just to get a western degree?

Do you believe Pakistani expatriates are as patriotic as Pakistanis who live in Pakistan and in the Middle East?

Your views?

Do Pakistani expatriates have an identity crisis (I mean the ones living in Europe and North America?)
Or other family friends told my father "Your children didn't ask to come here either."

I will add more to this list.
Hi,
I have lived all my life in the UK.
I thought id give some feedback about your questions.

1.That they lived a considerable portion of their lives outside Pakistan.
Is it really worth it?

Yes it is, Life is good, we make good money, have justice and security.
But things are changing in the UK.
We are taxed to oblivion, we have institutionalised hatred of Muslims and the economic situation is not what it used to be.
The west is in decline, the future lies elsewhere.

Do you believe Pakistani expatriates are as patriotic as Pakistanis who live in Pakistan and in the Middle East?
Hell yeah,I would die for Pakistan. We are more patriotic than most Pakistanis.
When the next war with India happens, I will come to Pakistan to join the mother of all holy wars.
I don't expect to survive but as long as i get alot of "them" out with me, I'll be happy.

Do Pakistani expatriates have an identity crisis (I mean the ones living in Europe and North America?)
Or other family friends told my father "Your children didn't ask to come here either."

Im sure a few do but most don't have a identity crisis.
Im a foreign born Pakistani and am a foreigner in Pakistan,
But I have a God given right to live and be a Pakistani regardless where I live.

in summary:
I care about my religion and I care about passionately about Pakistan.
I don't just see it as a country but also an ideological state, Jinnah was 100% right.
I can clearly see that from the Indians in the west.
My family has lived here for generations but will always be seen as foreigners.
If Pakistan had security( ie i wont get kidnapped ),
security of property ( Land, plots and Kotis getting stolen ),
Less corruption ( I tried to open call center in Pak and had to pay 2 lak a month in Bribes )
I would consider coming to Pakistan to live.

The UK in not what it used to be and is clearly in decline.
The free education and NHS is great, even the king of England cant take my property off me,
But the tax man can and will. We are taxed even in death here.
I can now see more opportunities in other countries, such as China, Pakistan ect
I expect to migrate somewhere at somepoint.

As usual there's lot of Pakistani self-loathing going on in this thread, pretty shameless really. It would make sense if it was based on facts or something that sounded remotely true, that's just wrong.

Please, let's evaluate a little.
Before we drown in our self loathing.

Including expatriates and migrants,
"There are approximately 9 million Overseas Pakistanis living around the globe."
https://www.opf.org.pk/

Expatriate;
A person who lives outside their native country. (still national of their native country)
Immigrant;
Someone who comes to live permanently in another country.

Global expatriate population >>> 87 million.
https://www.financialplanningtoday.co.uk/news/item/9023-global-expat-numbers-set-to-soar-to-87-5m-by-2021#:~:text=According to Finaccord, compound growth,will reach about 87.5 million.

Global migrant population >>> 272 million.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/01/iom-global-migration-report-international-migrants-2020/

Pakistanis constitute 2.9% of global population.
Pakistanis constitute 2.5% of global expatriate and migrant population.

By the logic being applied here, the rest of the world hates themselves far more then Pakistanis, because more of them are running away from their homelands, as much as they can.

Migration in all it's forms has been the basis of human society throughout history, whether you take a purely religious view, or also accept the scientific one, people and societies have always migrated for various reasons. It is not something unusual and certainly does not carry the duplicitous meaning being applied here, when it comes to Pakistan. That's extremely unfair.

Regarding the patriotism of overseas Pakistanis.
They are overwhelmingly patriotic, just like all migrant populations, because the yearning for the homeland, and the connection with their roots is a natural human condition, it is very much alive amongst Pakistanis, I would suggest even more so.

Pakistani patriotism is mixed with the religious identity, that should not be confused for any lack of love or affection for Pakistan, it amounts to reaching for lazy conclusions, again, it's unfair and incorrect.
The Muslim connection to the mosque should not and cannot be represented as a lack of emotional connection with Pakistan. Although exposure is limited, because I have only known 2 non-Muslim overseas Pakistanis, I've found similar love for the homeland amongst them. And met East African Asians who took pride in their Pakistani connection, even though they or their parents had never set foot in Pakistan.

Please keep things in perspective, evaluate rather then criticise for sake of criticism. We usually create an incorrect image because Pakistanis have a love for criticising everything, especially themselves.
Others tend to hide or mellow their criticism about themselves or their countries.

Bunch of spolied brats who dont know the ground realities of people who are suffering under high inflation due to IK incompetence and corruption

Those brats are joious about sending pious nawaz sharif to london

Bro I read that Pakistanis are top 10 in house ownership but arent top 10 in income in UK. Why is that?
Are in top 10 for house ownership? hell yeah. many Pakistanis own the house they live in. Many Pakistanis own LOTS of property.
We are not in top 10 income? Im surprised to hear that, I think we clearly are.
Please be aware, many will not declare that income as it will just get taxed more.
I earn one amount and on paper I earn a different amount.
Even when applying for a mortgage, they know what the deal is and factor this in.

Bunch of spolied brats who dont know the ground realities of people who are suffering under high inflation due to IK incompetence and corruption

Those brats are joious about sending pious nawaz sharif to london

I love how you actually believe inflation is because of Imran Khan.

I got this email from my energy company.

IMG-20220227-WA0026.jpg

Unless your country generates its own energy - cost of living is going to go up.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have lived all my life in the UK.
I thought id give some feedback about your questions.

1.That they lived a considerable portion of their lives outside Pakistan.
Is it really worth it?

Yes it is, Life is good, we make good money, have justice and security.
But things are changing in the UK.
We are taxed to oblivion, we have institutionalised hatred of Muslims and the economic situation is not what it used to be.
The west is in decline, the future lies elsewhere.

Hell yeah,I would die for Pakistan. We are more patriotic than most Pakistanis.
When the next war with India happens, I will come to Pakistan to join the mother of all holy wars.
I don't expect to survive but as long as i get alot of "them" out with me, I'll be happy.

Im sure a few do but most don't have a identity crisis.
Im a foreign born Pakistani and am a foreigner in Pakistan,
But I have a God given right to live and be a Pakistani regardless where I live.

in summary:
I care about my religion and I care about passionately about Pakistan.
I don't just see it as a country but also an ideological state, Jinnah was 100% right.
I can clearly see that from the Indians in the west.
My family has lived here for generations but will always be seen as foreigners.
If Pakistan had security( ie i wont get kidnapped ),
security of property ( Land, plots and Kotis getting stolen ),
Less corruption ( I tried to open call center in Pak and had to pay 2 lak a month in Bribes )
I would consider coming to Pakistan to live.

The UK in not what it used to be and is clearly in decline.
The free education and NHS is great, even the king of England cant take my property off me,
But the tax man can and will. We are taxed even in death here.
I can now see more opportunities in other countries, such as China, Pakistan ect
I expect to migrate somewhere at somepoint.
Can’t agree more, even the fact NHS is being attempted to be privatised will just cause further drift. A lot of brits migrate to Spain etc already. Taxes are going up, so is inflation, but wages are still low. Uk is pretty much done, boris has made it 10 times worse. And I agree, I also see myself migrating in the near future.

I love how you actually believe inflation is because of Imran Khan.
He needs to come to the uk, inflation is as bad if not worse than Pakistan, but people never moan in public. This is something Pakistani people need to realise, inflation happens everywhere.

Can’t agree more, even the fact NHS is being attempted to be privatised will just cause further drift. A lot of brits migrate to Spain etc already. Taxes are going up, so is inflation, but wages are still low. Uk is pretty much done, boris has made it 10 times worse. And I agree, I also see myself migrating in the near future.

He needs to come to the uk, inflation is as bad if not worse than Pakistan, but people never moan in public. This is something Pakistani people need to realise, inflation happens everywhere.
You nailed it, we just need a viable alternative to the UK and we will go.
The same way we migrated here in huge numbers, we would migrate again for a better quality of life, in huge numbers.

It is conditional to your financial strength. Pockets full and hefty amount of salary/business income, better abroad, else Pakistan is far far better choice.
In Pakistan survivability of lower class is more than abroad.
In Pakistan, farmer grows vegetable and sells, abroad you need a license for every economic activity with attached strings, it is not as simple as in Pakistan.

Everyone is leaving Pakistan even those who make it hell. I belong to a poor family, and hey I also left Pakistan.

the first generation and second generation of Expats are truly patriotic and they go through a lot pain and sufferings during abroad life

their successors are meat bags Na teen mey na Tera mey

Each Pakistan MUST atleast once in life experience living abroad and feel the hate and prejudice of foreigners

I was born in the UK, so this is pretty much my home, (obviously better standards of living etc..) I do love my motherland though.. just can't say the same about most of my relatives there though.. bunch of ungrateful greedy satanic spawns sons of b1t***s
Relatives are always a strange one. The ones in Pakistan always try to boast about how superior their lives are with larger homes, bigger bedrooms/bathrooms, servants and more luxury, but all try to send a member of their household to the west :laugh:

It's like they have a defeatist mentality and always trying to prove themselves when in front of people from the west.

Whats funnier is that Arab, Pakistani, and Afghan guys chase white women and then when it comes time for shaadi they want chup chaap virgin girl LMAO

White girls are just seen as cheap, easy fun, not marriage material.

People are moaning now. My energy bills have doubled in the last year.

Whats funnier is that Arab, Pakistani, and Afghan guys chase white women and then when it comes time for shaadi they want chup chaap virgin girl LMAO

Not that I advocate haram lifestyles but... If you are going to participate in boyfriend/girlfriend drama then your much more likely to have success with a non Muslim girl.

Why?

1. Sex before marriage is not taboo in thier culture or forbidden in thier religious values. So there will be more people likely to be candidates.

2. You don't have to worry about brothers, cousins, uncles etc coming to beat you up afterwards.

3. Also more so than ever they're DTF or OK with a fwb situation. Sexual promiscuity is on the up and up and where a girl sleeping around from man to man would be look down on years ago - it's not the same now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom