What's new

Your opinion on Pakistani expatriates? Is it really worth living abroad or outside of Pakistan?

Is it worth living outside of Pakistan?

• Yes, it is

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • No, better to stay in Pakistan

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Don't Know/No opinion

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For name's/brand's sake they may "lose" otheriwse there's nothing Islamic about Pakistan or the pagan extensions of cultural practices prevalent among the South Asian muslim community- -------.

Be it marriage, funeral posession , or other social obligations this subcontinantal culture makes sure to rip you off thoroughly just for withstanding peer pressure if not strangulates you outright .

Bhai saab apki taran do not worship graves , dividend in billions of sects or do haram khori.

This is an interesting thread.

People talk of Pakistani culture. Now what paksitani culture are you talking about? Is itbthe one where they all want to be goras in Pakistan. Have parties where hookers booze and drugs are rife? Yes this is upper class Pakistan commonly found in your Bahria's DHA's ans other affluent housing developments. The girls dress as white women and men do the same. They don't even want to eat desi but prefer macdonlds to looks cool. Or the real desi culture where you grow a beard. Do namaz to show others. Talk shit all day and rob the 1st ten rupees you come across. Lie for a living. Where Bribery is the norm and taking haq (rights) of other family members is considered not only a norm but a must.
You ask of loyalty. I laugh at Pakistanis in Pakistan. They all want to get out and bitch about Pakistan and then ask expats about their loyalty. I think this is question that is disgusting to ask. Have you nit come across politicians military and police as well as civilians that sell Pakistan for a little money. That take up arms against pakistan when India or America throws them a bone? After robbing Pakistan they move to London due to sickness.

Joke really.

Last Friday when I was leaving Turkey and boarding a plane to The Netherlands I met a young Pakistani kid. He came and sat next to me. Asking if I was a Pakistani and could help him with finding his gate. He couldn't read or write. He couldn't even tell the time. The kid had entered Turkey illegally and had spent 6 months in prison after being caught. His mother was ill in the hospital in Pakistan. He was now afraid that he would face the same fate in Pakistan upon entry.

Fleeing your own country sounds an easy escape, but it often isn't anymore in this day and age. Pakistani leaders and leaders from almost every developing nation neglected their peoples. The English speaking elite 1% are the problem. These group of people are running the show and have captured all the wealth and resources. Their sons and daughters study abroad in the most expensive schools. Their family members have the best jobs in Pakistan etc. 99% of the people have nothing. People feel helpless and sometimes have no option, but to flee and find economic prosperity elsewhere. Let's hope the kid finds success in the future. One thing is for sure, Pakistanis will have to learn to stand on their own feet. There are peoples in this world that don't even have a country to call home. Pakistani people need to wake up and educate their masses. With education prosperity follows. Our priorities are all wrong. We have a mindset from the stone age. This must change so that generations can contribute and succeed. Every child must get an education. The government is responsible in the end.

Last edited:
This thread is evidence that we are our own biggest enemies, not even India, if anything we help India

I spent about 3 months in Pakistan, I was there from November to start of this month(Feb). I traveled far and wide and spoke to many people. Here is my view.

Pakistan exists in two different times at once. the 19th Century and The current time. In both thinking and livelihood.

I was speaking to this guy who is an expat or rather born abroad. He was from Malaysia and doing business in Pakistan. we discussed Pakistan from a perspective of being outsiders. He told me that the only way Pakistan can be fixed is to have a bloody civil war which will reset the clock and I back the Idea a trillion %.

Minhasul quom when the thinking is still stuck in the 19th century while the world is looking out to the cosmos. you need to wipe away or surgically remove the gangreen.

BUT the ray of hope is the young generation, they are better attuned to the world than the old fogies that prefer the cave living. youngsters are doing business online and I even saw youngsters who were doing forex trading.

One of the biggest issues is that a quom of 200million has 0 skills for the world that is changing on a daily basis. people live in a bubble without knowing the rapid change taking place.

Just like when the British arrived and people were shocked at what the Brits had with them in both technology, tactics and overall understanding of things beyond the boundary of their village.

youngsters today question what is happening on the outside world and how and what they can do. before past generations were living it large and easy mode without a care. those days are coming to an end.

My point is that instead of you asking the Pakistan quom what they think of expatriates. you should ask when will the Pakistani quom get its act together because its about to be disposed of into the 19th century.

Culture is NOT Quran or Hadith. What is f#ckin culture but an evolution in itself!! Why doesn't Pakistan quom drop the culture of 19th century? at least those who live outside have a better gauge for the direction the world is heading towards. if culture is so bloody important then lets stop buying cars are travel on those outdated bicycles from the British times, still in use!

What is your opinion on Pakistani expatriates?

That they lived a considerable portion of their lives outside Pakistan.
Is it really worth it?

When I talked to other Pakistani expatriates in our homes, usually they just care about their religion and nothing else.

Are Pakistani expatriates out of touch with their Pakistani culture or society?

Is it really worth going abroad for better opportunities, or just to get a western degree?

Do you believe Pakistani expatriates are as patriotic as Pakistanis who live in Pakistan and in the Middle East?

Your views?

Do Pakistani expatriates have an identity crisis (I mean the ones living in Europe and North America?)
Or other family friends told my father "Your children didn't ask to come here either."

I will add more to this list.

i'll tell you another story, I stayed at this place and it had no heating or as they say geyser at the place so it was being installed. The guy overseeing it was complaining that prices are going up and so on forth. so while discussing things he started to tell me about the geyser and its advanced technology, actually it was comical it was rather techlology.

the bloody boiler has both gas and electric heating. woopy fkn woo. I tried to tell him that the boiler(geyser) is s#it and its like the old hammam's from Mughal era, almost.

Then I told him that at my house in UK The gas boiler not only heats the water but heats the entire house. its smaller in size and most importantly the efficiency is at a level that the amount of gas the Pakistani geyser uses in one day is enough for my gas boiler back in the UK to run on for one week!!

That guy just couldn't comprehend what I told him. after more chatter he said there must be something wrong that it uses so small amount of gas!

there was a house across that was using a modern boiler and pointed it out to him. but the brain still could not calculate what I told him. I went further. a house i had seen nearby was using solar powered boiler/heater!

anyway until this mindset is updated via some update then all I will say is that your post is missing the bigger picture. Those who live outside have far better grasp than those living in the enriched culture of the bubble Pakistan.

Last edited:
I’ll be completely honest.

I was born in Lahore but shifted to the UK when I was 8. I grew up and lived there until I was 15 and returned. The first thing I noticed was how the education system was so lack luster and in the stone age. I was far ahead of my peers in every aspect.

Secondly, I noticed how people love making issues out of nothing, the pettiness is amazing and how counter-productive it really is. There definitely is, to this day, a division among classes and how egoistic and superiority complexes reign over basic humanity. There is total disregard of humanity. Shockingly “chooray” as you say, were barred from washing dishes because they’re known as gutter cleansers (Even if the dude hasn’t been near a gutter for centuries). Seriously?

Then there is a control freak nature of the elders who (family or strangers) ultimately (unknowningly) wreck other people’s lives.

Shallowness is rampant here, everyone wants money to buy expensive things to be superior to others in their own family, which in reality would be extremely impractical. This is also Islamically frowned upon!

Men have issues holding a woman’s purse, doing anything related to housework and if caught doing so they are labelled “biwi de thallay laga hai”.

If this is the culture you guys are talking about then you should realize how controlled you are by other people in society, you want to impress them and get their shabash at the cost of your family’s happiness.

I totally forgot how to read urdu btw, never really bothered me till this day in Pak, rarely need things to be translated.

Venture out into the world before judging your culture, bring back the things that are positive to improve your culture.

Also stop being judgemental and listen to people’s problems instead of worrying about what people would say, a real man stands up to the world, he doesn’t get in line like sheep. At least with that attitude a lot of women in our society who are NOT up to the mark (in society’s expectations) might end up married and happier and you’ll get the good deeds to show for it in the after life.

Form your own opinions and forge your own character and individualism, stop being carbon copies of your parents and ascend along with the rest of the world, otherwise keep worrying about how Pak is still in the 60s.

Tu kaka biwi de talay lagaa.

I think first priority should be a revised national educational curriculum that is of western standard or better (in terms of quality), and try to give as many people access to it as possible across the country.

No positive future for the country with sub-par education, because it leads to incompetency.

Take India for example, from what I've seen they have pretty good schools, and it's evident, especially online. They can speak fluent English, converse clearly, and manipulate narratives very well.
Are you serious or just taking a piss here? English speaking is a measure of education for you and that too in India? The whole world laughs at Indians speaking English.

you lose your culture, language, religion after 3rd gen... you may survive ... major chances you will lose.

Most people here are third generation - I am second. I think it's untrue. We have lost all the laziness and fazool dramabaazi. We don't sit around reading Urdu poetry. Our Islamic awareness and identity is stronger than ever.

Are you serious or just taking a piss here? English speaking is a measure of education for you and that too in India? The whole world laughs at Indians speaking English.

Paa jee he is correct about adopting a better education system. Expand exposure opportunities!

I always wondered by people loved MNS, why they voted for him blindly even though they know he is not exactly.. sadiq and ameen.. until the most obvious reason slapped me across the face.. that.. everyone is corrupt themselves.

Taxi drivers can make houses in Pakistan but what can they make in the west? It also depends on what country you are talking about. UK taxi drivers are known to be more progressive but that is also a thing of the past as taxi driving has been degraded in recent times everywhere due to a flood of Indians coming to the west.
It is nowadays known as a dirty job where drivers are exploited and abused and have to work long hours to make decent money. It is preferred by those who can't do anything else.

There are poor people in our community but most people are just poor on paper for the taxman.

Thier houses in the ghetto have expensive German cars parked outside and are fitted with the latest modcons inside.

This is more like illegal stuff which is a huge gamble here as if got caught then they are in big trouble. People do illegal things out of desperation which validates my point that many Pakistanis are desperate workers.
Idk about taxi drivers in other countries but here in the UK they're making stack. There is nothing wrong with hard work if it buys you the luxuries of life.

All self employed people give the taxman the middle finger, they just do it in a sustainable way.

I can tell you from first hand experience - a lot of my elders were taxi drivers, I know a lot of guys who are tradesmen and have thier oan businesses.

I'll give you an example of one person. He was a taxi driver but under declared his income to the taxman. He paid some tax, but not a lot. He bought a small house first and saved up cash. He built a house in Pakistan and once that was finished he started showing his true income to the taxman for a couple of years.

He then got a mortgage, used his first house as collateral, threw some cash in too and bought a standard 3 bedroom semi in a nice suburb.

He then put the first house on rent, and scaled back his declared taxi income. The rent from the first house helped cover his paper trail. He ensured his combined declared incomes were always covering his fixed expenses so it wouldn't look suspicious in any investigation.

He then saved the cash from the undeclared income again, and built a side and rear double story extension, turning the 3 bed house, into a massive 5 bed house all paid for by cash.

This is what they're all doing. Apne, goray, kalay anyone who has a cash income stream.

I do t like to get into this discussion but the reality is different from religion point of view

People who think islamic touch is lost when you are in Europe then basically you are living in your own world and have no idea

I was of the same opinion but it changed over the time, living in UK from last 15 years I understand my religion much better

Whenever I go Pakistan I don’t see islam in cities. If 5 time prayers is classified as islaam then please study islam (5 prayers is the basic pillar and this is where the Islamic journey starts )

Jhoot, gali, frauds , rishwat, logo ko khush karna, back biting, ilzam lagana, most youngsters want bachi phansey kay chakar main, naach gana, Etc

How many of us can lead the prayers,
How many of us can lead the janaza prayers
How many of us can do the nikkah of 2 people
Masajids are actually molvi controlled and not always right in islamic way, they are molvi bread and butter

I found my kids learning and living islam much better

Brother undoubtedly living abroad has its merits.

But for me personally, I choose to come back to Pakistan because no other place feels like home.

It was just the first thing that came to mind, search for relevant statistics in the education field, exam results, etc, and compare Pakistan and India. My point will likely be proven.

But for the English thing:

India is a predominantly Hindi speaking country, they have an active curriculum for learning English, with some cultural influence. It is mainly taught. But they end up speaking and conversing very fluently in English.

Whereas Pakistanis I've observed aren't at that same level, which could indicate a difference in quality or maybe less emphasis on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom