What's new

Young Doctors Demand Rights In Punjab

I actually called my relative....he is one of those guys who worked his butt off to get into government medical college. Not the donation ones. Well anyway, he says the pay is terrible when youre a trainee and the schedules are pretty tight. He had 10 hour shifts towards the end. But right now he is studying for MD while practicing and earns about 70000 rs (indian) per month.

I actually called my relative....he is one of those guys who worked his butt off to get into government medical college. Not the donation ones. Well anyway, he says the pay is terrible when youre a trainee and the schedules are pretty tight. He had 10 hour shifts towards the end. But right now he is studying for MD while practicing and earns about 70000 rs (indian) per month.[/QUOTE
now u see the difference .............and you can ask him how much work and hour he work during house job and training ? and what about 5yr study? then you will see why DOCTORs are so much frustrated in pak

now u see the difference .............and you can ask him how much work and hour he work during house job and training ? and what about 5yr study? then you will see why DOCTORs are so much frustrated in pak

If you go to govt medical college, house jobs get you 10k per month and mandatory rural posting is 20k per month (indian). Yes, i think the pay is too low over there and the hours too long.......but i dont think it justifies the violence. Arent there any political parties who can lobby for the doctors? Or some proper channel to submit protests?

If you go to govt medical college, house jobs get you 10k per month and mandatory rural posting is 20k per month (indian). Yes, i think the pay is too low over there and the hours too long.......but i dont think it justifies the violence. Arent there any political parties who can lobby for the doctors? Or some proper channel to submit protests?

politicians have fake degrees so they think that health department is of no use ............ they will appoint doctors with fake degrees soon
VIOLENCE IS NOT JUSTIFIED BUT a doctor who dont get paid and have nothing to lose then what you think he cares?

politicians have fake degrees so they think that health department is of no use ............ they will appoint doctors with fake degrees soon
VIOLENCE IS NOT JUSTIFIED BUT a doctor who dont get paid and have nothing to lose then what you think he cares?

I agree with you sir. I guess you cannot ask for alturism from those who cant spare any. I stand corrected.

Nevertheless, the loss of life is heart wrenching,

sir a DEWo(bus service) drivers is earnig 22000 per month

i travel to Islamabad thrice a week in daewoo and i have done feature on Daewoo hostesses and drivers and FYI the salary of a driver there is 12K.

and FYI they dont have any off and continuous duty and often they get another roaster to far flung areas like Swat too.

tell me what about those doctors who dont get paid?

The objection here is not on your protest but over misuse of this right to protest in a violent way. You have the right to demand your salary and raise but you dont have any right to close down emergency wards and stop other doctors from attending patients who are dying of this forced closure. that is where the objection lies which you are not heeding to.

I agree with you sir. I guess you cannot ask for alturism from those who cant spare any. I stand corrected.

Nevertheless, the loss of life is heart wrenching,

my only point to open this thread is to highlight the injustice done by the GOVT to doctors NOT only doctors BUT health DEPARTMENT too
health budget is not enough for basic health facilities

my only point to open this thread is to highlight the injustice done by the GOVT to doctors NOT only doctors BUT health DEPARTMENT too
health budget is not enough for basic health facilities

There is no hope for a country where public healthcare systems fail beyond a point of no return. For your sake, i hope this gets resolved soon.

The objection here is not on your protest but over misuse of this right to protest in a violent way. You have the right to demand your salary and raise but you dont have any right to close down emergency wards and stop other doctors from attending patients who are dying of this forced closure. that is where the objection lies which you are not heeding to.

miss jana......i am agreed with your point..................but a person who have nothing to lose will surely cross limits to get something that is his right....its human nature................ i am also upset from these circumstances but you are only pointing towards the doctors and ignoring GOVT role.............u know what is health budget of punjab GOVT? how many ventillators they provide in ICUs , CCUs...........the condition of govt hospital is miserable .......MS are appointed politically and they r worst persons

miss jana......i am agreed with your point..................but a person who have nothing to lose will surely cross limits to get something that is his right....its human nature................ i am also upset from these circumstances but you are only pointing towards the doctors and ignoring GOVT role.............u know what is health budget of punjab GOVT? how many ventillators they provide in ICUs , CCUs...........the condition of govt hospital is miserable .......MS are appointed politically and they r worst persons

You are right about difficulties but the point here is that which sector in Pakistan and its employees are not facing difficulties ?

you guys were abusing me as a media person but i tell you do you know here the most qualified and even experienced ones are working for odd long hours in media houses. their salaries are meager than yours (majority of them), we have just one weekly off and that too is not an off in real terms and you are called any time, we have to sit for almost 18 hours if not more.

many other sectors are the same. the appointments of MS indeed in many cases is done on political basis and so as of the doctors (majority of them) hardly an insignificant number of doctors are given jobs on merit in Govt hospitals.

There is no hope for a country where public healthcare systems fail beyond a point of no return. For your sake, i hope this gets resolved soon.

Yes very true. here the entire Civil society organisations have ran drives for handing over education system to foreigners i say its time Pakistan should hand over healthcare system to foreign Cos and then we all may see some improvement otherwise ranging from govt to doctors everyone is just playing with lives of patients

Back
Top Bottom