What's new

You realize you’re in a Pakistani flight when…

PIA does not provide alcohol on flights. If it did it would have more passengers. Maybe it should give up the stupid notion and allow adults to make their own choices. Considering the air-worthiness of PIA aircraft some dutch courage might be the thing to get people on board.

I have noticed, that Emirates has increased the presence of desi and probably Pakistanis as their crews on the ground in dxb and on the plane, handling flights to and from Pakistan. Pretty clever, because only a Pakistani can decipher a Pakistani mindset.
But even educated, well to do people sometimes do such stupid things, that it's beyond belief.

I remember once on a Gulf Air flight, we landed in London. Most of the passengers were Pakistani since they were coming from Karachi. Due to some delays the plane landed a bit late and as such the gate allotted to us was no longer available. So the plane had to wait on the taxiway since the pilots didn't know which part of Heathrow would be the final stop. Now when the plane moved from runway to taxiway and paused for a while, everyone thought that we have arrived at the gate(despite being told the actual scenario by the crew) and wollah, unbuckled their seatbelts and stood up to take out their bags. And i could see all sorts of Pakistanis doing that, and let's be honest, you really don't see Labor class plying London routes from Pakistan these days. The plane is on a freakin taxiway and these people are standing in front of the door with their hand baggage. I was like WTF. Jahiliat ki inteha hai.
Talking on cellphones to inform your relatives what second of the minute did the plane touch down, then if they see you seem like a well to do guy (since you were flying with them for 6-7 hours, and hence you would have talked a bit, the usual salam dua) they would be talking on the phone and would want to insert a bit of show off, like 'Yea yea, bring the Cruiser, or Bring the MARSADEEZ' or 'Abba told customs wala i have 2 LCDs and 4 iphones in my bags (in case you are flying from dxb or far east)

But this is not specific to Pakistan. People from Srilanka, India and Bangladesh have similar traits. We seem to have lost the virtue of patience in our lives.
very normal in any indian flight..
once I was sitting near an old fella, he drank so much.. and kind of started hassling stewardess by repeatedly asking to bring drink/water/food..
thankfully our younger generation is lot better and well behaved compared to older people...

It can get a lot worse. At least they don't mention the plane landing at some intermediate airport to kick people off.

I have traveled with various airlines and with people from many countries (I travel a lot for work).
None of the points mentioned in this article fit only on Pakistanis. The percentage of people doing these things was more or less same in every flight. However Pakistanis do tend to ignore the rules/instructions more blatantly than others.

that being said, here's my most annoying flight experience.

I was flying from Istanbul to Islamabad (via Turkish Airlines). Long story short, few tableeghi jamat people boarded the flight. Here are the highlights,

1. The completely ignored crew's requests/warnings to sit down during TAKE OFF. But the mullahs won't have any of it. Because the take off happened to be at exact same time as Maghrib prayers.
  2. then the mullahs had to find the direction of Qibla. They gathered around a Turkish air hostess and tormented her about it. She literally begged them to sit down.
  3. After that mullahs gathered at the back of aircraft for jamat.
  4. Fun didn't end here. After praying, they went from seat to seat (one by one) for dars (Islamic lessons). They requested one person from each seat to leave their seat so that one mullah can sit there and preach.
  5. Mullah were running rampant during the flight (even during turbulence when the CAPTAIN was requesting on intercom to please sit down).
It was extremely embarrassing and unbearable. Seriously my fellow Pakistanis, what happened to us? We used to be cool.

Best thing about PIA is that they are not strict about weight of luggages as much a others air lines and often 60+ kg is allowed and seat adjustment is also easy for those ladies travelling alone

I laughed at some of this, very accurate, no exaggeration either, this is the truth.

Standard air procedure on all our flights
back in the 90's there use to be aero Asia airline in Pakistan, man had it not been for those beautiful Russian air hostess, I would have thrown the passengers from the window ! they were literally fighting over the quantity of meals being too small , I mean it was domestic flight, one can't get a buffet in a 60 minute flight

How does PIA smell... airindia always smell of curry or piss when I fly. :mad:

I think they serve alchoal to non Muslims only. Alchohal and pork is legal/allowed for non muslims in Pakistan and we are not secular state who put people in jail for cow slaughter and eating beef lol

Your logic is good...But unfortunately...our forefather did not realise that we should not have been secular state from the beginning....So what to do...Although I do not like...I can not say anything to Mr Gandhiji..he is already gone...Too bad..So you have to deal with an India who is supposed to be secular...but god knows how much we are...

back in the 90's there use to be aero Asia airline in Pakistan, man had it not been for those beautiful Russian air hostess, I would have thrown the passengers from the window ! they were literally fighting over the quantity of meals being too small , I mean it was domestic flight, one can't get a buffet in a 60 minute flight
That is hilarious...

3 weeks back, i was travelling in SPIRIT airlines...You can not imagine how chaotic the situation is...

When boarding starts...they call for zone number...Trust be all the people in the plane start running to counter to board...Man i was scarred...My impression that in US, all civilized people only stay..the myth was broken...They just run and push each other to get to the top...And the funny thing is Indian/South Asian people seems to be descent people among them...Because they also feel surprised why people are running when seat number is already allocated...no one is going to take away your seat..

- Next part...you passed your counter, then you have a long queue before flight gate...then there will be a ugly fight with people crossing the line and going to front....
- Most intresting part...people occupy the seat without really bothering if the seat is of someone else...Then literally poor flight attendant requests to some people that the seat where they are seating is not their seat....And trust me...those people are with suit and blazer and fully loaded with civilized attire....

So this is one of the most interesting moment of my flight experience where i felt proud that our Indian people behaved far better than western people in an US domestic flight..Otherwise..things are always opposite...

Last edited:
once was traveling to ksa from Lahore and a i got seat beside a typical sheda. during flight he asked hostesses about smoking she obviously refused to let him smoke after a while he went to bathroom and smoked there. sensors in bathroom caught him and captain send a huge Afro flight attendant to take his passport. he was told that he will be fined 2000 sr at airport with legal action and only-then they will release his passport. he literally start begging and was close to touch the feat of the attendant but they took it away anyway.but after a while captain have pity on him and let him have his passport without any action.
and i was thinking agar itni phati hay to pahlay bat man lia kro

Article has few bitter truth points, this not only PIA but every international flight which pack with desi passengers.

I also face a moulvi type passenger during a Ramdhan days flight, I was in the plane from it's origin place and that moulvi sahib sit to my next from Bangkok, he was so healthy to fix himself in seat with a big belly, don't know what perfume or Itar he was spraying on him but it was very hard smell. When meal time start and attendant give me my meal he said Mian Ramdhan ka lehaz wo adab naheen hain keya!!
I said I'm in travel and it's not necessary to have fasting during Ramdhan, he start lecturing me that was old days stories when peoples need to travel by feet or by donkeys for a destination for days and night bla bla bla, it was like that I was eating and he was non stop tablighing me.
I request to attendant to change for seat when he stop taking and start snoring with a heavy noise.

I had a very pleasant domestic flight with maulvis of Tableegh going from Bahawalpur to Karachi. We took pics and they loved my sunglasses. Also I told them that I was about to throw away my meal cuz it looked nasty, and they were like you shouldn't waste food. They ate it for me. They also gifted me 3 miswaks and some phone cards that they were taking home for themselves.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom