What's new

You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90's when

Chooran = Khatti meethi, blackish sticky thing... AWESOME...
Gol Gappay = Miss'em :cry:
Phakki = Oh oh I miss it too. This shows you're from Punjab! :D

I thought chooran and phakki were the same thing just with different names?! :blink:

what's he doing there with that pen?:what:

Bariyaan lagaa rahaa haiii ! :hitwall:

Those lines represent a number on the other side of the Bat (the hidden side); a number that corresponds to the number of your turn to bat i.e whether you'd be the first to bat, the second, the third & so on & so forth !

The players would then each choose one of those lines whilst the bat covers the numbers & when all have chosen the bat would be lifted to reveal which number each person choose !

Bariyaan lagaa rahaa haiii ! :hitwall:

Those lines represent a number on the other side of the Bat (the hidden side); a number that corresponds to the number of your turn to bat i.e whether you'd be the first to bat, the second, the third & so on & so forth !

The players would then each choose one of those lines whilst the bat covers the numbers & when all have chosen the bat would be lifted to reveal which number each person choose !

gosh i never heard or seen anyone playing cricket in this way in Pakistan...:undecided:

Oh please you women can't even hold a bat properly ! :whistle:

oh we can,only if its meant to be used as a weapon to beat MEN and not for playing Cricket :P

00299-daily-cartoons-baseball-bat.gif

Careful with that Bat ! U might hurt yourself!

When you heard this song:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchelles Bon Bon candies...plus Jublie chocolates...plus Super Crisps packs full of curvy chips...plus polka panda or crazy hat icecreams..plus regular bottle of coca cola just for 4 rupees. Watching "Perfect Strangers" or "Full House" on weekends...Going for a long drive with my parents in gorgeous Islamabad when hardly any vehicles could be seen on roads after 9 o clock in chilli winters....Had always a deep sense of pride that Pakistan is a champion in 4 games...Cricket, Hockey, Squash, and Snooker all world championships at the same time in 1990s. Watching the reverse swings of Waqars and Wasims plus the flying stumps of shocked batsmen.....shouting with joy on the stunning drives of Saeed Anwar....Reading Umro Ayyar or Tarzan stuff like stories..."Bachon ke dunya"..."Taaleem o Tarbiat"..."Phool" those were all lovely materials to read.... Always had an awful strong sense of fear while going to school with the incomplete homework :omghaha: or rubbing my hands moments before the start of chittar parade from my teacher as a reward for the incomplete homework..:omghaha: I want those days back. I miss my parents, i miss my shool, i miss teachers and all those fellows who i never saw again after my school life or college life. I miss 90s...

Back
Top Bottom