What's new

You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90's when

Today i remembered my most favorite song when i was in school , i would like to share it with you guys too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys we cant forget this song of the new millennium can we!

Oh God, this brings back the best memories.

Of those crappy Sohrab kids bikes that fell apart more times than I can remember.

Of how RC Cola alway made you sick, yet you always had it.

How you could mouth the whole Cartoon Network episodes they showed on PTV.

Of Alpha Bravo Charlie.

Of how you were reviled in society at large for having a Jazz connection for your mobile phone.

Of how young you were when Musharraf took over.

Of how people could never actually carry around those giant boom boxes.

Of how groups at weddings were divided along the pro- and anti- one dish rule crowds.

Of how you couldn't rite in school for a week because of all the cuts you got on your fingers after Basant.

Of how, if you had satellite t.v., you always got up early to listen to "Oops I did it Again" and stuff by N-Sync.

Of how people used to buy a years worth of cosmetics supplies from Peshawar.

Of how you used to listen to your elders reminisce about the Pakistan team of old, the same thing you do now about the team of the 90s.

Of how you could cycle around the streets in your bikes whenever you wanted.

Of how you used to gasp in amazement when you saw a Pajero, Land Cruiser, BMW or Mercedes.

Of when you could go to the NWFP.

HEY!!!!!!!!!! I must protest. I loved my Sohrab. It was red in colour, and said "Steed" on it (i think they meant SPEED)

i thought i was cool when i put a "roadmaster USA" sticker on it, as well as the reflectors on the wheel spokes

this is me, 1990 :rofl:

^ AZ bhai our youth had something influential ..here it is.

Tell me which cell did you had in 90s
3f1b9978473befa4f2f570b99e9c45e2.jpg

Tell me which cell did you had in 90s

Last edited:
You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90's when:

• Evenings on STN/NTM were the highlight of your day.

• The Jetsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet were dubbed in Urdu.

• If you were lucky, you had a dish, and you’d watch Disney Hour dubbed in Hindi on Zee TV. And you never missed 'Hum Paanch' or 'Tu Tu Main Main' either.

• You played “Kings” in school.

• Playground feminism took form in the shape of “Queens” and “Kish”.

• Guys only ever played cricket and football, depending on what World Cup was going on at the time.

• The only co-ed sport that was ever played was DodgeBall (called Dodge the Ball) and girls were actually pretty good at it.

• You played Dark Room, Tilo-Express, Oonch Neech, Chor-Sipahi and Chupan Chupai.

• You decided conflicts not by Rock-Paper-Scissors, but by Pugan-Pugaai, In-Pin-Safety-Pin, or Akar-Bakar-Bambay-Bo.

• 5 words: Yasoo-Panjoo-Haar-Kabootar-Doli.

• Anyone owning a real Barbie or Hot Wheels was a source of envy and admiration.

• “Bil Patori naasan chori aadhi mithi aadhi kori I’m sorry I’m sorry” means something to you. As does “ZAAAAAYYYMEEENAAAA!!!.” :bounce::bounce:

• You drank Frost juice with Super Crisp chips. And then when you were done, you’d chuck the juice box on the floor and jump on it to burst it. :yahoo:

• There was never a line at the canteen. Instead everyone drove the canteen wala mad by screaming at the top of their lungs.

• You picked out only the chips from your mum’s Nimco. :victory:

• You remember RC Cola and how no one liked it.

• It was taboo for guys to drink Mirinda/Fanta because it was a GIRL’s drink. lol

• You idolized Imran Khan even though he was retired when you were 2 or 3, and wiped your face with your Pepsi bottle or Frost juice because he did it in that ad.

• Wasim Akram's 'Mein cigarette nahi peeta' ad made half your generation vow to never smoke (the other half just missed out on good stuff).

• You had to ask “Ma’am/Miss may I come in” before entering a class, and you had to stand up to answer questions during a lesson.

• Cordless phones were the coolest things.

• You went crazy when your dad bought his first ever mobile, and you wouldn’t shut up about it to your friends.

• You begged your parents for a walkman and then bought tapes of Junaid Jamshed, or if you were really cool, Junoon.

• You went to a Junaid Jamshed concert in a PAF building or a Junoon concert in PC. :pakistan:

• You remember Fakhr-e-Alam hosting the Top Ten on NTM and his “Bhangra Rap” was always #1.

• #2 was “Jaadoo Ka Charagh” by Awaz, #3 was “Dohlna” by Shehzad Roy and #4 was “Mann de Mauj” by Hadiqa Kayani, the only cool female-singer in Pakistani.

• You were really sad when Awaz split up. And later you took sides between Haroon and Fakhir, and if you liked one you had to hate the other.

• You remember waking up early in the morning on Saturdays and Sundays to watch English cartoons on Star Plus (before it got taken over by the Indians).

• You still hold a grudge against the Indianization of Star Plus after all those years.

• You remember celebrating when they changed the weekends to Saturday and Sunday because it meant Friday was a half-day. :yahoo:

• You played Sega-Mega Drive, Atari and Super Nintendo. :cool:

• You played Mario Brothers like there was no tomorrow. YESSSS

• You remember the Nintendo game where you had to shoot ducks with an actual gun-shaped joystick and thought it was the most amazing thing ever. (YUPIEEE. i never lost in it)

• Your life was never the same again when your first Windows 95 was set up in your house.

• You played Dave 1 and thought level three was the hardest thing in the world. Then you upgraded to Lion King (probably from a Power Games CD bought out in the street).

• You shafted Polka Ice Cream when Walls became popular. And yes, admit it, you used to wait for the Ice Cream wala in the afternoon and bought Paddle Pops from him. ( I miss Polka)

• Walls wasn't as good as the Challi Walla.( hmmmmmmm)

• Cartoon Network showed good stuff like Johnny Bravo and Johnny Quest before crap like Cow and Chicken ruined everything. :disagree:

• You had 'kutti' (pinkie finger) with your enemies and 'dosti' (index+middle finger) with your friends. :-)

• 'Dustbin' was 'duss-bin' and 'desk' was once 'dex.'

• Your childhood was over when they made you stop using pencils and start using fountain pens. And you always made a mess filling the ink.

• You watched Small Wonder, even after it was dubbed in Hindi by Star Plus.

• You wanted to be on the Crystal Maze, The Legends of the Hidden Temple and such game shows.

• The coolest clapping games were 'Cham Cham Cham,' 'O Pillar,' 'Zig Zag Zoo.'

• You were on the top of the food chain if you were made monitor (and you very easily abused the power too, by chucking chalk and dusters at people).

Do Pakistanis here remember all of this????

K this was deep post - I have to say it made my life flash before my eyes - and took me back in time .....

Pugan-Pugaai did it for me lol , and polka .... I hope they still have igloo
and asking permission to come in class room and answering etc

"Your childhood was over when they made you stop using pencils and start using fountain pens. And you always made a mess filling the ink"

I rememer my first exams I was so scared to write in fountain pen , with out making a mistake I wrote it first on pencil when I was 100% sure of solution I wrote on top of it with pen lol

So many points can't pin point one

Man getting home sick now

Last edited:
first one was 6160....i think it was 97 or 98 when i got it

i was pretty good at "snake"

:)

First one i had was a Nokia 3310 and it wasn't in 90's but early 2000.

At that stage that was an asset for a Kid:lol:

Pakistani Youth's most Favorite Handsets in 2000 and so on

3310 .
007e924fd55f30684fd3eb8565405c6f.jpg

cba1ec2267f910adc62580a3e54e42ed.jpg

158bff42d88c49cdae8809ec7be2043e.jpg

89338b604e2f58cc1817754061ee4328.jpg

5f178b3d2878d10f37fca7965d88570a.jpg

Now we have saved some money so lets buy a better one(College/uni style)

Sony Ericsson T-610

Nokia 6610 i(my 2nd one)
c62d4cbc67a53070da0e130359f3937f.jpg

6600 most sold and wanted ever all of my friends bought it but i hated it.

34ddb94123193cd900dad5d1b7c5c8d0.jpg

6630.This was my Answer to my Friend's Aggression :lol:

6230 [Most reliable at that time Girls loved it haha]

Sony Ericsson K-700i [ For Guitar or muhabtain ring tune fans]

89a16ee73f6bf3ad5e483af2282e8434.jpg

Sony Ericsson K-750i
Along with W-800 and W-810 it was a huge Success all boys had it

a8c882cecac05e855b67444b15adb200.jpg

Pakistani Youth's most Favorite Handsets in 2000 and so on

3310 .
007e924fd55f30684fd3eb8565405c6f.jpg

cba1ec2267f910adc62580a3e54e42ed.jpg

158bff42d88c49cdae8809ec7be2043e.jpg

89338b604e2f58cc1817754061ee4328.jpg

5f178b3d2878d10f37fca7965d88570a.jpg

Now we have saved some money so lets buy a better one(College/uni style)

Sony Ericsson T-610

Nokia 6610 i(my 2nd one)
c62d4cbc67a53070da0e130359f3937f.jpg

My story.

I had all of them except T-610. I had Nokia 6610 but without i ;)

Yar, they were really good days. There hadn't threats like we have today. Life was never so much insecure as we have today.

I pray we have the good old days back.

KIT Over

7610 every one loved it & i hated it.

63d2fc8cca7fe7f8b008baa37f79d25f.jpg

Then in 2004 or around N series started and guys Ran after this one..

N-70 my first nseries ..loved it

0b3e55675657607eb3ed4f493bf10057.jpg

N73ME was another success story [ My mum bought me on my birthday but i lost it after 2 years:cry:]

Guys till here i know About Pakistan after that i have no idea , you might help me about Hottest handsets of Pakistani youth these days .. they carry good memories , balance sharing , miss calling , show off , competition with fiends for finding latest apps , Taking photos everywhere , Fooling your friends etc etc really have good memories with these devices.

BTW lemme share an experience with you guys , If someone is Buying or Planning to Buy Nokia N-97 guys for Hell's sake DO NOT BUY IT!!

It is such a piece of a $h!t!!
I bought that piece of $h!t 4 months ago an now its in the Junkyard its operating system got corrupted as 2 of my earlier S-60 Nokia devices cost me a loss of my 300+ contacts Now i am sick of it..

Regards:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom