What's new

Y-20 heavy transport aircraft News & Discussions

KUKA sold to China is a big mistake by Europe. It ensure China robotic industries advance by two decades. :enjoy:

:-)

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DNQe3ATX4AAn-g7.jpg

How many are there currently? I have 8 in service with the PLAAF ...

8 ??? Where did Yu get these from?

To admit I know these rumours and some here surely claim each and every image showing a Y-20 in the factory to be a new one.
Active are the numbers 01 to 05 with serials confirmed and maybe two more grey and yellow ones we've seen in short time since then, but by now neither 06, 07 nor 08 were spotted with their serials confirmed.

Y-20A lineup 3x - 20171029.jpg

Last edited:
8 ??? Where did Yu get these from?

To admit I know these rumours and some here surely claim each and every image showing a Y-20 in the factory to be a new one.
Active are the numbers 01 to 05 with serials confirmed and maybe two more grey and yellow ones we've seen in short time since then, but by now neither 06, 07 nor 08 were spotted with their serials confirmed.

View attachment 433995
FYJS claimed 8 will be operational and in service by end of this year. Given that 2 has already entered service from last year. A production of 6 for a year is not very far off and in fact quite slow.

FYJS claimed 8 will be operational and in service by end of this year. Given that 2 has already entered service from last year. A production of 6 for a year is not very far off and in fact quite slow.
It's not really slow at all. China has no intention of mass producing the Y-20 given its current under-powered engines. Considering that the WS-20 will be incorporated on the Y-20 in 2018, it makes sense for the PLAAF to wait a little longer for them ... and only then will we see them being churned out in large numbers.

Agreed. That surely highly likely by year's end, and as You mention "a production of 6 for a year is not very far off" - equals to 1 aircraft per two months - but it is a difference between "already operational" and "produced"?

IMO confirmed operational are 5 with one more highly likely. Altogether produced are 6 this years and two more in 2016 so 8 altogether.

Deino

KUKA sold to China is a big mistake by Europe. It ensure China robotic industries advance by two decades. :enjoy:

I think even without Kuka,China's robotic industries would have been advanced in 1.8 decades at least, thats why the Europeans figured out it is rather optimal for them to sold China this one now and take the cash and bragging rights, instead of watiing for another 2-3 years and get nothing.

I think even without Kuka,China's robotic industries would have been advanced in 1.8 decades at least, thats why the Europeans figured out it is rather optimal for them to sold China this one now and take the cash and bragging rights, instead of watiing for another 2-3 years and get nothing.
European refused the Chinese participation in Galileo GNSS was indeed the big mistake... at the end what China came out with.. thought they have learned some lessons... just the same story as the American refusal for China's inclusion in ISS... :lol::rofl:

European refused the Chinese participation in Galileo GNSS was indeed the big mistake... at the end what China came out with.. thought they have learned some lessons... just the same story as the American refusal for China's inclusion in ISS... :lol::rofl:
Beidou was a big middle finger to EU. They are having a hard time securing slots now.

The WS-20 is going to be incorporated by next year :enjoy:. Then the Chinese will mass produce the Y-20 ...
No. Y-20 will produced at a steady pace of 8-10 per years. I would not want to see Y-20 production line to shut down in just few years time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom