What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

You are getting it my friend, that is exactly it. Education and jobs will remove the swamp.

As for the minuscule percentage extremists that somehow get brainwashed by deviant ideology, you will need a Chinese version of GFC for Muslims within China, and if this is good enough, it might be possible to promote it globally to combat petrodollar funded deviant ideology that is at the root of extremism. You have to fight ideology with a better more sound ideology. Only a better belief system based on tradition can replace deviant belief system that has no basis in history in the first place:
How to stop Islamic extremism: Global Fiqh Council (GFC)

If this doesn't work, than bring in the electric fly/mosquito swapper. No more lame excuses from foreign Muslims or anyone else after this.
But knowing them, they will come up with something old.

明代云南改土归流时也闹得厉害。现在云南少数民族不少,没听过闹独立。明清时代内地伊斯兰也不老实,现在可本分多了。民族融合需要些时间。

So besides time, what do you suggest?

I would prefer them to live in Turkey instead of under Chinese rule....but we don't tolerate Jihadist crap in our country, so the radicals can stay in China.
But they are your "brothers" from different mothers and fathers:rofl:, you should accept them all. You can't pick and choose.

Last edited:
Basically, I agree with @dlclong. Xinjiang is a province level region of China. As I know, Urumqi the name came from ancient Monglia language means beautiful grass(farm) land.
Aksu ancient name is Asu and the city formed about 16th century. You are right about it mean white water. You need three glaciers and two river to totally figure it out. (Muzati river? Idont know how to write in English)
Now I totally understand your feelings that I call it historic sentimental. Hope it would not be your burdan to face the real world. You dont deserve humiliation for your ancistor had been expelled out of Xinjiang long long time ago. No this history then no your glory in Europe. If you take this feelings to bash China that is childish, right? The world goes by its own historic track not by individual's day dreams or delusions. Uyghurs is our brother ethnic group along with 56 ethnic group of China and they are not belong to other country. If you want to bring your kin to Turkey then try to help them and repect their own choice. To abandon home land always be defficulty though. I dont think opportunities in Xinjiang is less than Turkey. If a person is industrial enough he can make money easilly. Last time I got the news that a Uyghur youth make money online to sell chop cake in Hunan province.

:enjoy:Aksu also means 呃數--cheating/stealing from a business.

I would like to hear these good news and the report of citizens.
Xinjiang is now in fast developping track and the rural area will benefit from it too. Investment in transportation, education systems and the local manpower can sustain Xinjiang's furthers development. Local elites should do hard work now. Its a historic opportunity.

If this doesn't work, than bring in the electric fly/mosquito swapper. No more lame excuses from foreign Muslims or anyone else after this.

Here is how I see the Chinese plan with new attention paid to the region:

Educate, integrate and assimilate.

Then, eliminate those who resist assimilation and still politicize their mere biological presence.

But they are your "brothers" from different mothers and fathers, you should accept them all. You can't pick and choose.

Nope, we crush terrorists and radicals... we are pretty expert on the subject... so, there is no need them to come.

Here is how I see the Chinese plan with new attention paid to the region:
Educate, integrate and assimilate.
Then, eliminate those who resist assimilation and still politicize their mere biological presence.

You can't assimilate Turks... we are immune to assimilation.

Xinjiang aids preschool
Source:Xinhua

The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in Northwest China is stepping up financial support in 2014 to boost pre-school education.

The government of Xinjiang will pump an extra 810 million yuan ($133.6 million) into expansion of public and private kindergartens to accommodate more children, particularly disabled and orphaned children, from poor families and of migrant workers, according to the regional education department.

The fund subsidizes food, books, heating, building maintenance and miscellaneous fees for rural kindergartens. All 450,000 rural children in Xinjiang are expected to benefit from the program.

Xinjiang aids preschool
Source:Xinhua

The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region in Northwest China is stepping up financial support in 2014 to boost pre-school education.

The government of Xinjiang will pump an extra 810 million yuan ($133.6 million) into expansion of public and private kindergartens to accommodate more children, particularly disabled and orphaned children, from poor families and of migrant workers, according to the regional education department.

The fund subsidizes food, books, heating, building maintenance and miscellaneous fees for rural kindergartens. All 450,000 rural children in Xinjiang are expected to benefit from the program.

Excellent News!

Education is the most crucial task for CPC. To curb terrorism in its cradle. We should build more kindergarten in rural Xinjiang, to care those children, to prevent them from being brainwashed by NGOs. I urge all Uyghur kids to wear red scarf in primary school, and to join Communist Youth League in middle school.

But I heard, some Uyghur are not willing to receive education.

Education is the most crucial task for CPC. To curb terrorism in its cradle. We should build more kindergarten in rural Xinjiang, to care those children, to prevent them from being brainwashed by NGOs.

Indeed.

Good citizens of Xinjiang are to be be assimilated into the melting pot of China and education (and language) is the most practical tool available.

f04da2db148413af6cfc35.jpg

College students pose with a national flag to celebrate National Day on Oct 1 in Hami, Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, Sept 26, 2013.

But I heard, some Uyghur are not willing to receive education.

I guess those are of a similar breed with certain ethnic-nationalists who decline to be part of a larger union. Those people, I guess, will in time be eliminated if they are willing to put their life in terrorizing for a cause that is lost before born.

The Xinjiang Class: Education, Integration, and the Uyghurs, Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, Vol. 30, No. 1, March 2010:
Statistics compiled since 1982 suggest positive trends in the promulgation of state sponsored
education in Xinjiang. Dru Gladney reports that from 1982 to 1990, the percentage
of China’s Uyghur population who attended primary school increased from 37
to 43% and who attended undergraduate college increased from 0.1 to 2.1%. During the
same eight-year span, illiteracy within the Uyghur population also decreased from 45 to
26.6%. Furthermore, by 2001 97% of all “school-aged” children in Xinjiang were
enrolled in school, and 61.8% of total in-school students were minorities.

Indeed.

Good citizens of Xinjiang are to be be assimilated into the melting pot of China and education (and language) is the most practical tool available.

f04da2db148413af6cfc35.jpg

College students pose with a national flag to celebrate National Day on Oct 1 in Hami, Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, Sept 26, 2013.

I guess those are of a similar breed with certain ethnic-nationalists who decline to be part of a larger union. Those people, I guess, will in time be eliminated if they are willing to put their life in terrorizing for a cause that is lost before born.

The Xinjiang Class: Education, Integration, and the Uyghurs, Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, Vol. 30, No. 1, March 2010:

Anyway I can get access to academic databases without signing up for a course? :)

Anyway I can get access to academic databases without signing up for a course? :)

I guess you need to have access to an institution which has an agreement with these databases. You may individually register, as well, but must be very expensive. Alternatively, you can ask a friend or relative who is at the university to provide you their library access information :) Which databases you may access all depends on the institution. They apparently do not subscribe to all databeses because that would be repetitive and too expensive. But also school's/department's concentration will determine what kind of database they prefer.

Is Xinxiang autonomous region?

FYI :)

The Constitution of China:

Article 4: Minority Rights

"...Regional autonomy is practiced in areas where people of minority nationalities live in concentrated communities; in these areas organs of self- government are established to exercise the power of autonomy. All national autonomous areas are integral parts of the People's Republic of China."

Article 30. Governmental divisions

The administrative division of the People's Republic of China is as follows:

1)The country is divided into provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government;

2)Provinces and autonomous regions are divided into autonomous prefectures, counties, autonomous counties, and cities;

3)Counties and autonomous counties are divided into townships, nationality townships, and towns.

All autonomous regions, autonomous prefectures and autonomous counties are national autonomous areas."

Article 115. Powers and functions

The organs of self-government of autonomous regions, prefectures and counties exercise the functions and powers of local organs of state as specified in Section V of Chapter Three of the Constitution. At the same time, they exercise the power of autonomy within the limits of their authority as prescribed by the Constitution, the Law of the People's Republic of China on Regional National Autonomy and other laws and implement the laws and policies of the state in the light of the existing local situation.

Article 116. Concurrency of regional and national law

The people's congresses of the national autonomous areas have the power to enact regulations on the exercise of autonomy and other separate regulations in the light of the political, economic and cultural characteristics of the nationality or nationalities in the areas concerned. The regulations on the exercise of autonomy and other separate regulations of autonomous regions shall be submitted to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress for approval before they go into effect. Those of autonomous prefectures and counties shall be submitted to the standing committees of the people's congresses of provinces of autonomous regions for approval before they go into effect, and they shall be reported to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress for the record.

Article 117. Independence of finance

The organs of self-government of the national autonomous areas have the power of autonomy in administering the finances of their areas. All revenues accruing to the national autonomous areas under the financial system of the state shall be managed and used by the organs of self-government of those areas on their own.

Anti-terror measures proving to be effective.

32 jailed for terror audio, video in Xinjiang

Courts in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region have given 32 people jail terms ranging from four years to life imprisonment for spreading terror-related audio and video and organizing terrorist groups.

The courts in seven cities and prefectures of Xinjiang, including Urumqi, Aksu, Kizilsu Kirgiz, Ili, Hotan, Turpan and Bortala, handed down the verdicts for 11 terror audio and video cases on Thursday.

Of all, three were sentenced to life in jail and the rest 29 were sentenced to four to 15 years in prison, the regional publicity department said in a press release on Friday.

A miniature Shenzhen in the making?:coffee::azn::enjoy:

Plan to build border city in Xinjiang Ok'd

2014-07-11 09:08:25 GMT2014-07-11 17:08:25(Beijing Time) ecns.cn

534ee443147ef29.jpg

Black drops from left to right:Alma-Ata of Kazakhstan,Horgos and Yining

State Council has approved a plan to build a city on China-Kazakhstan border in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region and work is already underway.

The city, which will be called Horgos, is positioned as an international trade and logistic hub, local official said on Friday.

It will cover an area of 1,970 square kilometers, including the existing 73 square kilometers of Horgos special economic zone, said Yang Jun, deputy director of the economic zone.

The State Council approved the plan based on Horgos special economic zone on June 29. Yang said the proposal was filed in 2010 and he believes the idea of building the Silk Road Economic Belt has fast-forwarded the process.

"Besides the special economic zone, two nearby townships will also be under the administration of the new city, which will be built in both Asian and European styles," Yang said.

"After Horgos becomes a city, it could be included in the overall planning of the central government and receive direct funding for infrastructure and improving people's livelihood."

Plan to build border city in Xinjiang Ok'd - China News - SINA English

Back
Top Bottom