What's new

Xinjiang Province: News & Discussions

i found islam in china much better than islam in islam country it self..
but the best is singapore..

Many Muslims in China are nice people, even China didn't impose any restriction on them, but their youths are just becoming too materialistic just like many other Han Chinese youths.

Sometimes i rather have these people staying as the traditional simple Muslims than having this materialistic behavior of the modern society.

My view on this is. The Uyghurs are only little over 10 million out of a population of 1361 milllion they can't break away from China even if they wanted too. Because the current population of Uyghurs in Sinkiang is about 45% and the han population is about 40%. This is only going to create more resentment and alienation on the part of the Uyghurs. So let them have their religion and language and for me that goes for the Tibetans as well. What can these people do ? They are a drop in the ocean.

The problem that I see is that for most Chinese religion is not that important and don't understand how others view the issue of religion. Most Chinese don't see this issue as a big deal. In China you have the world's largest population of atheists anywhere in the world about 700 million (i'm an atheist myself). So religion is for most people in China an alien concept. And people at the top blames religion for the violence amongst the Uyghurs rather than the economic and social discontent there is. Chinese generally don't discriminate based on religion because they don't see it as important enough for once identity. When bombs and knife attacks happened in China people online (including here) didn't blame Islam but simply blamed it on the Uyghurs. For the government this isn't about religion either its about control over the population. Because abroad they have no problems dealing with religiously based governments like those in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

I don't know how true this is but if it is true then it is counter productive. Also for the first time this is being broadcast in some international media circles.
hui population is more than Uyghurs.Uyghurs contribute 40% of our Muslim population. millions of Muslims living on running restaurants or selling mutton shashlik,they are everywhere of our cities.

My view on this is. The Uyghurs are only little over 10 million out of a population of 1361 milllion they can't break away from China even if they wanted too. Because the current population of Uyghurs in Sinkiang is about 45% and the han population is about 40%. This is only going to create more resentment and alienation on the part of the Uyghurs. So let them have their religion and language and for me that goes for the Tibetans as well. What can these people do ? They are a drop in the ocean.

The problem that I see is that for most Chinese religion is not that important and don't understand how others view the issue of religion. Most Chinese don't see this issue as a big deal. In China you have the world's largest population of atheists anywhere in the world about 700 million (i'm an atheist myself). So religion is for most people in China an alien concept. And people at the top blames religion for the violence amongst the Uyghurs rather than the economic and social discontent there is. Chinese generally don't discriminate based on religion because they don't see it as important enough for once identity. When bombs and knife attacks happened in China people online (including here) didn't blame Islam but simply blamed it on the Uyghurs. For the government this isn't about religion either its about control over the population. Because abroad they have no problems dealing with religiously based governments like those in Saudi Arabia or Iran.
China was always a secular state and we are proud of this,you can see it's the emperor Taizong of Tang waqqas baba to China,you will find a mosque in Guangzhou honour for him,and this is the start of islam in China,not to mention,nearly in every provinces we have muslims,and the Chinese government(the imperial and repulic) treated the muslims equal,they can believe what they want to believe,eat what they want to eat

The Uyghur students should be allowed to fast. This has nothing to do with rebellion or causing trouble. This is simple devotion. The CCP issue is a party thing and to be honest applied to all.

As for the rest the Hui Muslims are very successful and serve in the armed forces, government, have businesses, are successful students and so on. They have never reported any restriction and I have met them in person to confirm this.

The Uyghur students should be allowed to fast. This has nothing to do with rebellion or causing trouble. This is simple devotion. The CCP issue is a party thing and to be honest applied to all.

As for the rest the Hui Muslims are very successful and serve in the armed forces, government, have businesses, are successful students and so on. They have never reported any restriction and I have met them in person to confirm this.

There is no restriction of the fast ban on the Uighur students, just don't listen the fabricated story of the western media.

China is against the Uighur ultra-nationalism, but not their religion, since Huis and many other pro-China Muslims also share the very same religion. We are not stupid to alienate ourselves like this.

It is a fact that fasting is banned for students and government employees. Your cheap tricks will not work.

So you have already known that the ban is not particularly for Uyghurs, but government employees (every employee of the Chinese government have been told before joining the CCP, that their religion cannot never be the first matter in your life.)

Then why are you keep spreading such rumors?

So you have already known that the ban is not particularly for Uyghurs, but government employees (every employee of the Chinese government have been told before joining the CCP, that their religion cannot never be the first matter in your life.)

Then why are you keep spreading such rumors?
Its not a rumor its a fact.

It is only for the CPC members of the minority descents, now the rumor has been cleared.

No ordinary Muslims have been affected.

Lets not talk about good China which is our great friend - Pakistan.

Now what?
That is a very pakistani thing to do: turning a blind eye to infringement of rights....that's your forte...so not surprised my friend. lol

Wrong is wrong. Friend or not friend. This is about the people!

Last edited:
That is a very pakistani thing to do: turning a blind eye to infringement of rights....that's your forte...so not surprised my friend. lol

Wrong is wrong. Friend or not friend. This is about the people!

Every country does that. Quid Pro Quo.

@Sinan, my friend, Armed Forces officers for decades were not allowed to offer prayers, let alone fast.........their wives denied the right to veil........ same was true for many universities where even a mosque was not allowed...... anyone even with a remotely religious look was followed by MIT......... foods at universities were contaminated for other reasons........ people disappeared for no reason at all......... this all happened in Turkey......... along with millions of other things.......

Let's not get into state policies of China.......... we know that they may not be perfect, however, essential to integrity of state of China from foreign elements, who wish nothing less than total disintegration of it, by using religion or other covert means.

Stable China is not only good for us, but for rest of humanity........... a unipolar world, where Uncle Sam gets to do whatever it wants is bad bad bad......... trust you me, even bad for Turkey.......... China maybe humanities last hope to have a sane world order.......... it isn't there yet, however, it will eventually get there in a decade or so.........
Babe I am kinda surprised you're saying this. I understand your viewpoint but would you rather have china surpass the US even if it means letting it get away with oppressing its own people? I understand the US has done that too with people, but does that really make okay for it to happen again?

Every country does that. Quid Pro Quo.
I never said any country should be allowed to get away with it. Just because countries do it, that does not make it okay.

Back
Top Bottom