What's new

Worrying aspects about Imran Khan's campaign

bilalhaider

a) He undermines Pakistan's WOT efforts. The drone campaign in Pakistan, & Pakistani Army efforts in the FATA have done a lot to break the terror network there. I am fearful that terrorist sympathizers & extremists might slip in through the cracks & might be rooting for him as well.

He never undermined Pak's WOT efforts refer to his Interviews, He said in the past 10 Years Pak Army has done more then what US-NATO has achieved but he asked what have you achieved and its true what have you really achieved as far as killing and reducing the number of terrorists is concerned that is a good Job by Pakistan Army but did you completely achieved the objectives till when will you fight them and waste resources and men. your fears should also be reminded and diverted to Karachi which has become the biggest gang war zone after the entry of MQM in Karachi since 1984-86 till Now what have MQM achieve and done for security of Karachi. Bottom line give IK a chance for Godsakes.

b) He seems to be a one-man show, & we do not know enough about the PTI. He does not seem to have a strong enough team backing him up. He seems a bit naive sometimes as well.

Refer to TV Program "khari baat luqman kay saath", you may have missed it, he was asked the question to which he said he will reveal their names next year due to some reason he cannot declare it (ref hint pml-n/ppp key hathkandey)
I think the radios must stop regarding one man show clearly he is not a one man show he explained even more about all the plans after 16 Years he is fully equipped otherwise why would he want to make fool out of himself?
If he is naive? hardly though, how can you judge someone to be naive when you are not in his shoe or in politics atleast he has 16 Years of experience which is more then enough (which book says you need to be 65 years old and have 30 years of experience do you see the same in US/Canada/UK), the current UK PM is less then 45 years old and doing his Job excellent, you can come down to Canada and and on all levels in federal and provincial levels as young as 30 years old men are working on important seats and they are doing amazing Jobs the psyche has to change, we need smart upright brave honest out spoken Men and Women not old horses and traditional politics who destroyed Pakistan in the past 60 Years.
So perhaps you are other Pakistanis are naive since you voted dumb people for the last so many years and now when the change is coming you are not willing to welcome and accept it. Here is a catch if you are out of university for the first time to apply for a job and you are asked the same question why should i hire you what would be your reply and how will you make them believe, trust and allot you the position considering in Pakistan for every Job you apply they say we want someone with 10 years of experience.

c) The PTI does not have one seat in the parliament.

That is because they did not participate due to fraudulent elections and only 15% votes registered and election commission is not free and fair and that is why PTI has asked Supreme Court to monitor and do something regarding free and fair elections.
Let elections take place you will see the votes most likey Punjab and KPK will vote for PTI in huge numbers.

d) He should give better clarification on how he plans to revive the economy (he has talked about utilizing Pakistan's natural resources, asking politicians to declare their assets, better tax collection; but there must be something more concrete. We don't want Imran Khan's revolution campaign to turn into Obama's 2008 "Change" campaign).

He will not give you any clarifications on the revival of economy the plan is always secret it is only executed and implemented being in Federal Power his 90 day plan kick start if he Wins with majority. Considering pml-n/q-mqm being copy cat of PTI recently he clearly said he will not tell anything openly until elections, makes sense.

What do you want pml-n/q both of them has put Pakistan in an astounding debt of $19-22 Billion so has ppp around $22B, so give me your choice you want defaulter and fraudsters back in business to loot once again. You what those bastards who robbed dollars and pounds by freezing FOREX Account, by opening fraud account karz utaro kaprey utaro, taxi scheme and so on, or you want the current set up pretty much you know their doings. And you want those terrorists in control of Karachi who ruled it 20 years and more and they have not done a damn thing to fix electrical problems, clean water, security situations, terrible dieing industrial sector I can list you more if you want to. You cannot blame IK but you can blame all others who had their share in government over the past decades. Even if IK successfully implements 10% it would be a revolution.

Overall, I will still root for the PTI over the PML-N & PPP, but I will certainly have certain apprehensions about Imran Khan, till these are clarified.

Cannot be clarified, wait till election is over if PTI is in power you will find it soon enough in their first 90 days.

The biggest objection I see to the drone strikes program is, that these programs have utterly disgraced Pakistan, & have been conducted 'out of the realm' of what was (allegedly) agreed by Pakistan & the US in the past. The frequency of the attacks & the way they are conducted (without bringing Pakistan into confidence) is completely unacceptable, & is not what was (allegedly) agreed between the two parties.
The Biggest problem is that Drones have only killed civilians even so called 20 Terrorist who are killed in these attacks their so called crimes are to accepted by any court or Proven by any court

This is a good response from Imran Khan to people like the OP (no offense)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not see this as a Pakistan vs US conflict. The US cannot afford to engage in a full scale war with Pakistan. The vice versa is true as well. The US has indeed attacked Pakistan, violated Pakistan's sovereignty, has caused more harm than good in the region. But my concerns aren't the US, because there will never be a direct confrontation between the US & Pakistan. I do not mind Imran Khan condemning US drone strikes. I have a problem with him not condemning the acts of terrorism from Takfiris, who have killed more innocent Pakistani civilians than drone strikes have. If the US stops its drone strikes program against Pakistan, Pakistan's problems against militancy will not be solved. I have a problem with him saying he will have peace talks with terrorists like the TTP, Al-Qaeda & others; & will not let the Army engage against them, & all their hard work & the valuable sacrifices they have made for Pakistan will be in vain. Please watch this interview to see what I am talking about:

The end resolution to this conflict is through talks, but for that to happen, the terrorists must surrender, & give up their arms & weapons. Imran Khan mentions no such thing.

Btw, I respect all my fellow Pakistani members on this thread, I know we have a difference in opinion, but we all love Pakistan & the Pakistani people, & wish the best for this nation. I have already mentioned that I would vote for Imran Khan's PTI over PML-N & PPP. But while I laud Imran Khan's plans to revive the economy, I have some reservations about his political policies. I am grateful we can talk to each other in a calm & collected manner on such a controversial issue, & I hope none of my posts offend anybody. They are not meant to offend anybody, & I apologize if someone was offended by them.

I do not see this as a Pakistan vs US conflict. The US cannot afford to engage in a full scale war with Pakistan. The vice versa is true as well. The US has indeed attacked Pakistan, violated Pakistan's sovereignty, has caused more harm than good in the region. But my concerns aren't the US, because there will never be a direct confrontation between the US & Pakistan. I do not mind Imran Khan condemning US drone strikes. I have a problem with him not condemning the acts of terrorism from Takfiris, who have killed more innocent Pakistani civilians than drone strikes have. If the US stops its drone strikes program against Pakistan, Pakistan's problems against militancy will not be solved. I have a problem with him saying he will have peace talks with terrorists like the TTP, Al-Qaeda & others; & will not let the Army engage against them, & all their hard work & the valuable sacrifices they have made for Pakistan will be in vain. Please watch this interview to see what I am talking about:

The end resolution to this conflict is through talks, but for that to happen, the terrorists must surrender, & give up their arms & weapons. Imran Khan mentions no such thing.
Sir your own Army is now wanting to talk Sir they themselves have agreed for talks and admitted they haven't achieved more than 20 % Targets and they don't want to loose more soldiers now for some one else war and the moment they will return the Taliban will be back

Sir your own Army is now wanting to talk Sir they themselves have agreed for talks and admitted they haven't achieved more than 20 % Targets and they don't want to loose more soldiers now for some one else war and the moment they will return the Taliban will be back

Actually, the ISPR has denied agreeing for talks with the terrorists:

Army denies reports of talks with Taliban – The Express Tribune

Even the Taliban have denied it now:

http://tribune.com.pk/story/296239/one-killed-in-di-khan-police-station-attack/

Where have they said they haven't achieved more than 20% targets?

And what do you mean my Army, is it not your Army too?

‘No negotiations on the table’: Taliban deny ceasefire, attack police station in DI Khan – The Express Tribune

Sir they said it in all parties conference and Air of Chief Staff Said it in Dubai and they have said many more times that they only solution is talks because they have just pushed Taliban Back not defeated them now they are a major factor weather we like not and they will be always there weather we like it or not so we have talk to them

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

If you think you can win by War I ask you go ahead in next 200 years may be you win with the loss of at least 10000000 people more

Sir they said it in all parties conference and Air of Chief Staff Said it in Dubai and they have said many more times that they only solution is talks because they have just pushed Taliban Back not defeated them now they are a major factor weather we like not and they will be always there weather we like it or not so we have talk to them

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

If you think you can win by War I ask you go ahead in next 200 years may be you win with the loss of at least 10000000 people more

Yes, the only end solution is talks, but only when the terror networks are weakened enough & the militants surrender, & give up their arms & weapons.

Yes, the only end solution is talks, but only when the terror networks are weakened enough & the militants surrender, & give up their arms & weapons.
Sir if you think Pakhtuns will surrender than keep living in your Dreams you will be never able to end WAR write this on your WALL

‘No negotiations on the table’: Taliban deny ceasefire, attack police station in DI Khan – The Express Tribune

Better option is to solve problems peacefully , army should target their mentally corrupt mullahz who brain wash them to murder innocent civilians and teach religious extremism/terrorism/suicide bombing
modern education , empowerment of poor and minorities , equal rights for women should be focused on these area.
Drones also give counter-productive role when they kill innocent civilians.

Excuse me for asking a question what does WANA stands for ? "women are not allowed"

Better option is to solve problems peacefully , army should target their mentally corrupt mullahz who brain wash them to murder innocent civilians and teach religious extremism/terrorism/suicide bombing
modern education , empowerment of poor and minorities , equal rights for women should be focused on these area.
Drones also give counter-productive role when they kill innocent civilians.
They will kill one Mullah 1000 more will be born

Excuse me for asking a question what does WANA stands for ? "women are not allowed"

I didn't understand this, sorry. Is it something I said earlier? Or are you referring to the city of Wana?

Anyways, I agree with you that the Army should target the mentally corrupt Mullahs, & they are doing so. But we cannot accept a situation like the 2009 Swat 'peace treaty' either, the terrorists just use this time to regroup & reorganize themselves. The TTP is fractured & divided right now, & the Army must do everything they can to weaken them even further, before peace talks are initiated.

I didn't understand this, sorry. Is it something I said earlier? Or are you referring to the city of Wana?

Anyways, I agree with you that the Army should target the mentally corrupt Mullahs, & they are doing so. But we cannot accept a situation like the 2009 Swat 'peace treaty' either, the terrorists just use this time to regroup & reorganize themselves. The TTP is fractured & divided right now, & the Army must do everything they can to weaken them even further.

am asking "WANA" city name what it actually means ?

is that "women are not allowed" or some thing else ?

Back
Top Bottom