What's new

World’s Largest Democracy Censors A British Magazine

alright TTT, i read what you said in reply to MBI Munshi. That territorial integrity is important, look at abbotabad.

How is abbotabad similar to this?

Doesn't it justify what MBI Munshi said in the beginning about India's "democracy" being a falsehood?

The whole world except India regards that map of Kashmir as correct. It is the official position. Those are the legal facts. Why censor the legal facts?

a map is not a religion.
Believe me in India it is. It hurt the sentiments of our people hence it was censored .
The whole world except India regards that map of Kashmir as correct. It is the official position. Those are the legal facts. Why censor the legal facts?
Did U see that map? It shows Baloch as separate similar to Kashmir, so it is legal and official position too? What U think is not the world think LOL.

Believe me in India it is. It hurt the sentiments of our people hence it was censored .

BS. A map and a religion are two different things. Look them up.

Did U see that map? It shows Baloch as separate similar to Kashmir, so it is legal and official position too? What U think is not the world think LOL.

Yet Pakistan has allowed the map to be displayed. Pakistan has more characteristics of democracy in this case.

Bangladeshi in this forum have to bring India to gain attention as they know their only Bangladesh thread gets lost in gutter....

Apply this to real life situation aswell..

And what a Frustrated Pakistani nationalist website has to say is of no importance to anyone, country even worse than communist countries cannot talk of democracy...

alright TTT, i read what you said in reply to MBI Munshi. That territorial integrity is important, look at abbotabad.

How is abbotabad similar to this?

Doesn't it justify what MBI Munshi said in the beginning about India's "democracy" being a falsehood?

It seems like i have to take democracy classes here. But, that is expected if people from Non-Democratic countries speak about democracy.

Definition:
Democracy is a form of government in which all citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.

It doesn't anywhere say anything remotely connected to maps

It seems like i have to take democracy classes here. But, that is expected if people from Non-Democratic countries speak about democracy.

Definition:
Democracy is a form of government in which all citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.

It doesn't anywhere say anything remotely connected to maps

freedom of the press is essential in a true democracy. You cannot be one without it.

I am not in favour of this censorship but because of this small thing calling an entire working democracy which has lasted for 63 years a sham can only come form those people who are jealous of Indian democracy and this title that the world has given us .

These are little hiccups that every democracy including the ones in the developed world face at times and it is particularly not astonishing for India because we are a very young democracy and will take more time to learn better .

don't be jealous and close-minded , no need to pass judgements ( not that they even matter) , just discuss this particular issue at hand .

Again , i would say i am not in favour of it.

freedom of the press is essential in a true democracy. You cannot be one without it.

Wow. This is getting interesting.

Does Prophet Mohammed Cartoons & Draw Mohammed day contest qualify as freedom of press?

Hint: It was freedom of press for the West and no so in the islamic world

Try to get an answer for this, you will get my point.

Whatever kind of democracy we have it is our problem, why are other countries so worried about it. We censor a map, we ban Satanic verses, we ban danish cartoons, why do people from Bangladesh and China care of all the people. Pakistani's can talk about Kashmir, but will be just be making a fool of themselves if they try to find faults in our democracy.

Wow. This is getting interesting.

Does Prophet Mohammed Cartoons & Draw Mohammed day contest qualify as freedom of press?

Hint: It was freedom of press for the West and no so in the islamic world

Try to get an answer for this, you will get my point.

Those countries that allow anyone to print anything within the law are democratic. Those that do not are not. Anti-religion publications come under blasphemy laws.

Does India have an anti-map law?

Those countries that allow anyone to print anything within the law are democratic. Those that do not are not. Anti-religion publications come under blasphemy laws.

Anti-religion publications come under blasphemy laws.

Blasphemy laws for you. Its freedom of Press for the West. Do you get the point?

Anti-map law? :cheesy: You are kidding right.

124A Sedition

Whoever, by words, either spoken or written, or by signs, or by visible representation, or otherwise, brings or attempts to bring into hatred or contempt, or excites or attempts to excite disaffection towards. 2[* * *] the Government established by law in 3[India], 4[* * *] shall be punished with 5[imprisonment for life], to which fine may be added, or with imprisonment which may extend to three years, to which fine may be added, or with fine.

Here you go Think tank. Now, Think and Thank for educating about democracy and laws.

Your argument does not hold in a democracy. Would the US censor a map which depicted Texas as being a part of Mexico or the UK ban a map for showing N. Ireland as being part of the Republic of Ireland? I doubt it .....

Since you doubt it, why assume that it will be so?

Surely, your delusional assumptions cannot be taken as the Gospel, can it?

I find it also amusing that you are slave to the typical mentality that plagues many - that the West alone can be right and they alone are the sole custodian of all things bright and beautiful, to include Democracy.

I am not so gullible to believe they alone are human and rest are animals who have to follow their Masters to be acceptable. Do remember, the subcontinental civilisation is much much older than theirs and ideas of democracy is not something new to us.

Since you are such an adherent to the idea that the West and the gora log alone are the custodians of all things bright and beautiful in this universe, let me give you some cold facts of the Democracy of the West that you bow in obeisance to!

Are you aware of this in the UK

Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, s.24 (1)-(3) - Arrest without warrant for arrestable offences
The powers in relation to these types of offences are in s.24(4) - (7):

Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, s.24 (4)-(7) - Arrest without warrant for arrestable offences

(4) Any person may arrest without a warrant -

And this of your beloved US

United States Code: Title 18871

§ 871. Threats against President and successors to the Presidency.

Even hot headed statements can sort one out!

Eg I was in on the assassination of President Kennedy and I am going to kill President Johnson in the near future. I have sold some cattle and purchased a rifle with a scope. I have written a letter to the White House today in which I told the President I would kill him. - Normand P. Michaud v. United States of America, 350 F.2d 131, July 7, 1965

Heard of the Patriot Act?

Heard of racial profiling?

I am sure the quote below will bring joy since it upholds the 'Democracy' of your beloved US of which you are so fondly ecstatic about!

What happened to Shah Rukh Khan is not an isolated incident. Since September 11, 2001 there has been a widely reported increase in racial profiling at US airports, particularly as it applies to passengers with darker complexion, “foreign sounding names,” and/or Middle Eastern or South Asian appearance. They are either forced to disembark or refused entry to a plane or detained. Their skin color, names, language and country of origin attract security personnel. Not because they are all criminals. Their “foreign marks” make them suspects. A 50-page report of the Amnesty International “Threat and Humiliation: Racial Profiling, Domestic Security, and Human Rights in the United States,” released on September 13, 2004, asserts that racial profiling in the US is pervasiveand the law enforcement uses race, religion, country of origin, or ethnic and religious appearance as a proxy for criminal suspicion. “Prior to 9/11, racial profiling was frequently referred to as ‘driving while black,’” the report noted. “Now, the practice can be more accurately characterized as driving, flying, walking, worshipping, shopping or staying at home while Black, Brown, Red, Yellow, Muslim or of Middle-Eastern appearance.”
“To question only members of one religious or ethnic community is unethical, humiliating and ineffective.”
“Your Name is Common”: Racial Profiling in the US | Black Agenda Report

If that is your ideal of Democracy, then what can one say?

Maybe you should see the film - MY NAME IS KHAN!

For Christ's sake, I am sure it would not be too much of a bother if do your homework before you appear to be a PR wonder of the US and UK.

I have nothing against the UK or the US. But then, I must be excused since I do not share your fascinated awe about they being the sole custodians of civilisation!

That statement has made me very proud ... thanks for the unexpected compliment.

You amuse.

Delusional!

Isnt the concept of democracy based on the idea that what the majority of the people desire is the direction the country will follow...under such circumstances, isnt it completely logical that such a magazine would be banned in India, where the majority of the population feels it is offensive and hence not worth reading.
Demoratic nations arent so because they agree or disagree with the notions put forth by other country, but because they allow their own people to make the decisions.

Also doesn't democracy require openness, tolerance and accepting the opponent point of view?
Indian behavior and actions resemble more to a facist state than democratic state.

Back
Top Bottom