What's new

World Banks new calculation decreases India's poverty by 75%

Dr. Sen

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I am not an economist so I do not understand this. Now all of a sudden World Bank says we have similar poverty as China?

image.jpg

image.jpg

India's poor may shrink 75% by new World Bank formula | Business Standard News

Will poverty figures drop after World Bank’s revision of PPP? - The Hindu

Last edited:
Seems like a whole lot of bullshit. Been to both countries and have seen how the average person lives. China is worlds apart.

Pakistan got its poverty reduced by 86%. :pakistan:
Down from 35.1 millions to 4.9 millions!

Correction to Indian calculations, India stands at 73.9%, not 75 as per newspaper reported. Indian media is f*ing pile of $hit!:sarcastic:

Last edited:
Seems like a whole lot of bullshit. Been to both countries and have seen how the average person lives. China is worlds apart.
We aren't talking about average person here..
in terms of poverty..in a particular bracket say less than 1.25$ a day ....we may have the same population....
But less than 1.25$ is not good enough I think

Pakistan got its poverty reduced by 86%. :pakistan:
Down from 35.1 millions to 4.9 millions!

Correction to Indian calculations, India stands at 73.9%, not 75 as per newspaper reported. Indian media is f*ing pile of $hit!:sarcastic:

You lack basic skills to troll as evident from your desperation to skip the article itself. Next time try harder before embarrassing yourself! :coffee:

1407101142-5727.jpg

The info-graphic posted above in the original post has been taken from @RiazHaq Blog - as usual a f*ing pile of $hit that none deny!:sarcastic:

Last edited:
BS China is world's apart from India

Yes this is what I am thinking, but whats with the Wrld Bank all of a sudden?

You lack basics to troll as evident from your desperation to skip the article itself. Next time try harder before embarrassing yourself! :coffee:

1407101142-5727.jpg

The info-graphic posted above in the original post has been taken from @RiazHaq Blog - as usual a f*ing pile of $hit that none deny!:sarcastic:

Yes I had taken the grafics from his post because I was surprised by the numbers. Wanted some clarifications.

But still the numbers you postd. Are these true?

Yes I had taken the grafics from his post because I was surprised by the numbers. Wanted some clarifications.

Perhaps they are high right now

They have always been using the PPP methodology - some modifications this time in adjusting PPP prices - though they still use the 2005 prices in their databases - Population below $1.25 a day is the percentage of the population living on less than $1.25 a day at 2005 international prices. They should update soon.

Poverty headcount ratio at $1.25 a day (PPP) (% of population) | Data | Table

Last edited:

Can you shed some light on how normal citizens will in India and China

You seems to know lots more than IMF as they never traveled to China and India

Back
Top Bottom