What's new

World Banks new calculation decreases India's poverty by 75%

Could you please explain? High as in the graphics is from 2011 thus higher than current numbers or these numbers are too good to be true?

Lol I was kidding about them being high on drugs

Useless thread.

Being an analyst I can say numbers are easy to present with some logic or assumptions attached. Lets not get so much into numbers. they are good for reference but not for assuming absolute facts.

Same goes to @RiazHaq .

That guy is known for twisting facts to fulfill his personal agenda. same goes for some Indian equivalent of Riaz.

Better focus on international bodies and read complete report of theirs. The disclaimers and references matter the most in such reports.

Can you shed some light on how normal citizens will in India and China

You seems to know lots more than IMF as they never traveled to China and India

Worlds apart. It is as blatant as day and night. I have no idea if there's some intellectual dishonesty going on here but it is what it is.

Seems like a whole lot of bullshit. Been to both countries and have seen how the average person lives. China is worlds apart.

UNDP's multidimensional poverty index seems more fair to a lay man like myself because it complements income related measures by including the effects of severe deprivation faced by a poverty stricken person in terms of educational, health and living standard opportunities or the lack thereof.

Karachi, Mumbai, Delhi among cheapest major world cities.

KarachiCostofLiving.png

Karachi Offers Expats High Living at Lowest Cost - PakAlumni Worldwide: The Global Social Network

UNDP's multidimensional poverty index seems more fair to a lay man like myself because it complements income related measures by including the effects of severe deprivation faced by a poverty stricken person in terms of educational, health and living standard opportunities or the lack thereof.

Yes, all of these things except perhaps living standards are of a far lower stanard in India, don't see how this is possible.

Its because of the Food for All schemes where people can buy Rice and Wheat for Rs. 1.

Back
Top Bottom