What's new

World Banks new calculation decreases India's poverty by 75%

What kind of Poverty shrinks with some calculations.:o:

It look like many Indians are proud of poverty reduction by mathematics. Some gov official should tell them that It's time for cut more social services as these poor people is not really poor. I thought this article is a troll bait. And it is, for Indian members to troll India with the help of world bank.

We apply 1.25 USD , the standard criterion of un unlike you guys who used 0.24 USD (i.e 1/5 th of International criterion) to show that your poverty is reduced. Country of fakes is master in manipulating DATA.

We apply 1.25 USD , the standard criterion of un unlike you guys who used 0.24 USD (i.e 1/5 th of International criterion) to show that your poverty is reduced. Country of fakes is master in manipulating DATA.

I don't know who is "you guys" you are referring to. But your reference of fake country manipulating data would justly apply to India. Which had recently manipulated it's GDP growth rate that its own economist had serious reservations. This is another statistical manipulation again by India.

Seems like a whole lot of bullshit. Been to both countries and have seen how the average person lives. China is worlds apart.
so we can safely assume that u have been to every nook and corner of PRC !

I don't know who is "you guys" you are referring to. But your reference of fake country manipulating data would justly apply to India. Which had recently manipulated it's GDP growth rate that its own economist had serious reservations. This is another statistical manipulation again by India.

Our new GDP calculation is as per world bank standard. You can not continue with same base year for a long time.

Look this is called manipulation. 10% GDP added by china by manipulating the DATA.

Local governments inflated China’s GDP by $900 billion last year—and that’s not going to stop soon – Quartz

What's the use of 1.25 USD PPP per day when the people still crap in the streets.

I don't get PPP and thus don't want to use it for anything. 1.25$ PPP, cost of living, how can someone calculate the cost of living.

I never been to India, for those that have been to both, what do you think the difference in price is, I mean obviously don't compare Shanghai to a small city, or Mumbai to a small Chinese city, relative, how much difference is there? Hotel cost? Food cost? Beer cost, so on so forth.

I don't get PPP and thus don't want to use it for anything. 1.25$ PPP, cost of living, how can someone calculate the cost of living.

I never been to India, for those that have been to both, what do you think the difference in price is, I mean obviously don't compare Shanghai to a small city, or Mumbai to a small Chinese city, relative, how much difference is there? Hotel cost? Food cost? Beer cost, so on so forth.
It is like a person living in Pakistan with PKR 101000 salary have more purchasing power anf lives better life than a person in US with USD1000 salary (USD1000=PKR101000)

Seems like a whole lot of bullshit. Been to both countries and have seen how the average person lives. China is worlds apart.

Yes, all of these things except perhaps living standards are of a far lower stanard in India, don't see how this is possible.

That's in major Chinese cities only, rural China, where majority of Chinese population live, is not much different from rural India. There was a nice informative thread on rural China with lots of photos.

Back
Top Bottom