What's new

World Bank approves $12 billion, five-year loan for Pakistan: Ishaq Dar

Exactly, there are scores of Senior/Elite Munafiqeens here, who only done PMLN bashing and IK/PTI praise just for "THANKS"........as usual they know its just makes them Administrative friendly:rofl:
We have far more worse 'intellectual' trolls here. "More loyal to the king than king himself" type stuff. Nevermind them, its bread and butter for them.

@hasnain0099

Since PML(N) is your party, can we get a comprehensive plan of the government as to what exactly it plans to do with this gigantic loan?

$12 billion?

Well, Muslim-league government must publicly give a detailed plan as to how, when, and where it plans to invest this money--like in what kind of projects, power generation, or other pillars of economy does the government plan to invest this money?

Also, can we get an estimated "return of investment" figure for each investment?

For example, say Muslim league invests $1 billion in textile industry...what would be the return on that investment (estimated)? 1.2 billion dollars? 5 billion in the long run?

I hope Muslim League comes out clear on this. This is the basic governmental procedure taught to us in the U.S...

You seem like a sensible guy, unlike other nasal dar nasal ghulams of shareefs, I hope you will be able to contact PML(N)'s cell and get this information?
1- This loan will not be released upfront. 12 billion over 5 years makes roughly 2.2 billion a year. Loan inflows match the project lives in the form of tranches. Even one infrastructure project like Motorway can solely absorb one year's flows and there are many development and administrative projects running at any given time.
2- The money would be spent, not invested. The loan inflows arrive just in time to fund the specific stage of a project.
3- Return from the project determines the return on investment which is then weighed against the cost of financing.
4- Government doesn't invest in industries (except from power sector recently) but in resurrecting basic infrastructure, which in turn attracts investment and industry. For example, a government can establish an industrial estate and provide for its infrastructure but units will always be established by private or in very special cases under public-private partnership.

Last edited:
We have far more worse 'intellectual' trolls here. "More loyal to the king than king himself" type stuff. Nevermind them, its bread and butter for them.

1- This loan will not be released upfront. 12 billion over 5 years makes roughly 2.2 billion a year. Loan inflows match the project lives in the form of tranches. Even one infrastructure project like Motorway can solely absorb one year's flows and there are many development and administrative projects running at any given time.
In the easiest language possible this loan will be used for budgetary support. We always have budget deficits to meet and this loan would fulfil the gap between revenue and expenditures.

If that's the case, it is a shame for PML-N for not improving efficiency and raising the tax net to appropriate level for meeting demand through existing resources. The loan we take should be strictly linked to specific project to ensure transparency and completion of project before the deadline. It should be individual project delinked from the bundle of packages to ensure transparency.

For me, if the government use formal language "to meet budgetary support" it has the potential of fraud. If the Government says we took 12 billion dollars to fund Dasu and Diamer Bhasha dam and this % of the project will be completed until this n that date and what until this date we will achieve this n that etc. It has something in mind, it should be appreciated. When they use the language multiple/various/i/we/they/you - you can sense potential of fraud.

Last edited:
Tameem, post: 5611537, member: 8026"]Zanix1000000000= Now Awaiting -1000000000

losers don't understands logic:wave:

You make no sense but that's noon league's khasiat and khaslat, if you have little sense you would earn halal or you are happy with noon league's mazdoor ki tankhwah...by the way did they increase you wage to 15,000?

Last edited:
2- The money would be spent, not invested. The loan inflows arrive just in time to fund the specific stage of a project.
The amount that needs to be spent is usually for non-development purposes. Why not use the existing budget for such purposes so we know exactly how much of the budget is being used for non-development.

The loans we acquire from foreign nations/financial institutes must be strictly used for investment. The money you invest to generate income from the project can be used to pay off the loan.

In the name of Allah the Most Merciful , please start paying tax. Stop begging . These loans are temporary solution to accelerate economy . Start collecting taxes , danda ka zor pa...

In the name of Allah the Most Merciful , please start paying tax. Stop begging . These loans are temporary solution to accelerate economy . Start collecting taxes , danda ka zor pa...
imagine in developed nations,

You are employed, you earn 1000 pounds, you receive 780 as rest of the 220 pounds will be deducted for taxes before your wages reaches your bank account. In Pakistan, you earn 1 million, you keep it for most businesses :(

There is no culture of paying taxes so it hurts them when you talk about paying taxes

India also take alot of loan from World bank,Though it usually doesnt make it to the news

There is a difference.....If a person takes loan to buy a BMW, he is getting rich...and if he is taking loan to buy food, he is getting poor.......

There is a difference.....If a person takes loan to buy a BMW, he is getting rich...and if he is taking loan to buy food, he is getting poor.......
haha you explained it quite nicely, Agreed

But this time around we are seeking loan to buy a wheel. Don't have resources to buy the full car yet :)

haha you explained it quite nicely, Agreed

But this time around we are seeking loan to buy a wheel. Don't have resources to buy the full car yet :)
Good to hear that..all the best....

Good to hear that..all the best....
See our GDP PPP as per the World bank report increased from around 500 billion dollars to 788 billion dollars in the last few years. Itni bhi tension nahi as in terms of GDP PPP we will be in good position to become a trillion dollar economy in the next few years. Bas Nominal ka major issue hai which will take some time..

See our GDP PPP as per the World bank report increased from around 500 billion dollars to 788 billion dollars in the last few years. Itni bhi tension nahi as in terms of GDP PPP we will be in good position to become a trillion dollar economy in the next few years. Bas Nominal ka major issue hai which will take some time..

788 figure is as of 2011, now its over 1 trillion. If my calculations are right then $1.05 trillion PPP as of 2014.

788 figure is as of 2011, now its over 1 trillion. If my calculations are right then $1.05 trillion PPP as of 2014.
I know that world bank referred to 2011 estimated but we haven't seen anybody claiming to be a trillion dollars economy. On top of that, on most sources it is still estimated to be anywhere between 450-550 billion dollars so dreaming of a trillion dollars seems to be a dream come true. I will wait for World Bank/IMF to come up with better explanation in this regard

I know that world bank referred to 2011 estimated but we haven't seen anybody claiming to be a trillion dollars economy. On top of that, on most sources it is still estimated to be anywhere between 450-550 billion dollars so dreaming of a trillion dollars seems to be a dream come true. I will wait for World Bank/IMF to come up with better explanation in this regard

Pakistan PPP is updated properly once every 4-5 years. My estimate of $1.05 trillion as of 2014 is within range.

Also Pak PPP didnt increase from 550 to 788 in few years, its just that Pakistan PPP isnt updated properly every year. Only nominal GDP.

So it is obvious NS govt lied to bank in votes...Coz they actually said something else...How do you expect a population to believe in liars?

I make Tind, Zardari, Altaf and I did mind what Imran did and dont even start with the Mullahs but of course each party supporter only sees their party being made fun off....seems like they have a keen eye on their party only...
Isnt this patience what the awam is doing for almost a decade now? I seriously cant believe its been forever since loadshedding ka maslah is going on! I have every right to criticize a liar...Had he not lied no one would have criticized him! Its his own doing...

Its not much we can do but openly criticize ghunday that we do not agree with them and we are not in the same boat...If they do good I do appreciate their doings because I am for Pakistan not for some freaking party or its supporters!

1. You need to study political science and see how politicians operate the world over and through out history. You might then be cured of your naivette. Your incessant cribbing is like that of a child bent on getting his/her way without any clue as to how to do so.

You are having a cow because you think NS lied? Wake up doll, that is what most politicians do. The politicians are judged on th basis of their performance, not promises. If people think that a politician has delivered satisfactorily enough, they vote for him. Its just that simple.

You've got problem with liars. Good. You ought to have problem with likes of Mush and many of his deputies. If you've been just as critical of them, then you can assume the right to complain about NS as well. If not, then....

2. You are assuming that I have favorites. My favorite is Pakistan. My favorite is constitutionalism. I was partial to IK and PTI, but I have never shied from criticizing them. When it comes to NS, I hope that he can deliver for the sake of Pakistan. So, as far as leaders are concerned, I have no favorites. I just hope we can deal with the mess left by Mush-Zardari et al as a Nation, not as partisans, and certainly not as complainers.

It is just wrong to complain out loud about load-shedding, law-and-order, and corruption while you know that these problems are entrenched. How can you blame the current government for all this mess when they have not even had a year to deal with all this. Could you deal with all this? I have yet to see a complainer ever actually solve a problem.

3. You have mentioned in your post that NS claimed that he could finish loadshedding in 3 months. I do not recall him ever having claimed this. Possibly I missed it. Would you mind substantiating your claim with some worthwhile link? All I know is that PML-N said that they could get rid of loadshedding in 3 years - and they later gave clarifications that it would not be possible to do so in three years, but that they could do it in a bit more than 4 years.

4. I am not questioning your partiality for tind and ganja comments. You like them? Good for you. Just do not expect to be taken seriously. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom